50's Prime Time Cafe

I think it depends on the server and also how they "read" the table. We like the antics, but when we go with my parents, they always read my father pretty well and just act like regular servers.

We were there in March and DS was super excited to get yelled at (he loves Whispering Canyon as well). Our server basically was the nicest, most polite person- I can’t imagine this man insulting a bottle cap! We didn’t see or hear any of the “fun” we had heard about. It really seems to be hit or miss, definitely skewed towards the “no antics” side lately.

We love it there we always have great food and fun servers and we are adults with no kids.

Totally depends on the server you get.

We ate there last Tuesday (6 days ago). Our server was pretty dull, but the guy pictured in this thread earlier was in the next section over, and he was full on with the antics.

We ate at 50's in April and our server was awesome! After he took our order he dumped the silverware on the table and yelled at us to set the table! He also made sure we didn't put our elbows on the table and made sure our girls ate their veggies before they could order desert. It was our 8 yo birthday so he came back after we were through with lunch singing happy birthday to her at the top of his lungs and way off key. It was hilarious!

I haven't been recently, but I have also heard that it isn't what it used to be. One of my best memories as a kid was going and our server getting upset that my mom didn't eat her green beans. He left in a huff and came back with a huge serving fork, got every last bean on that plate onto it, and held it up in front of her mouth for her "photo of shame". I last ate there in 2017 and it was toned down, but still fun. It seems to have changed even more since then.

We ate there last Friday night 6/7 and it was full on antics in our section. We had "Aunt Janice" for our server, and she was fantastic. Most of the other servers who passed through our section were in full on character too. I hope it stays that way. I wouldn't want it toned down at all, we had so much fun!

I went there about two or so years ago? The food was okay, kinda typical American stuff. And the server I had did interact a lot, but I think it really depends on who your server is and the people you are with. I've been to places with people who really didn't enjoy the interaction and people who love it. So I guess it kinda depends? Unless they changed something recently.

It seems like everyone loves the antics, and is disappointed to see them go. It makes me wonder, who are the people who complained?

It seems like everyone loves the antics, and is disappointed to see them go. It makes me wonder, who are the people who complained?

The small minority that we must cater too, after all, you don't want to make anyone "feel bad" do you? LOL, on another not, we ate there last July, had a blast, had a great server! She asked first if anyone had been there before, I told her yes, me and DW, she asked if I said anything to the others, DS, DDIL, and 3 grandkids. I told her "Nope" She said "Thank you" We had a great time and food was good as always!

I have seen people on these boards frequently ask how "bad" the antics are at 50's and how they want to go there but avoid the antics etc. So it's definitely a thing. Welcome to America in 2019!

Never really understood it since as people have mentioned on this thread, all you have to do is give the vibe (or tell them directly) that you're not into it and the servers back off. It would be a huge bummer if they stopped doing it altogether.

Probably an overlap with the people who think the food at Tiffins or Skipper Canteens is too weird. That has got to be the most boring center of a venn diagram ever.

Probably an overlap with the people who think the food at Tiffins or Skipper Canteens is too weird. That has got to be the most boring center of a venn diagram ever.

Or they were foreign tourists who had no idea why someone was "yelling at them"

We just ate there a few days ago and our waitress Kaydee said she has worked there a long time and they had to tone down the antics unfortunately because too many people complained. She interacted with us in a fun way but not the huge antics we have experienced in the past. A male waiter was pretty good in the room next to us. I saw a lady that had to do the “I’m a little teapot song”. This time was better than the last couple of times but still not how it used to be. We do like the food though so that’s really what matters

I think it depends on the server. Our server was wonderful but we had zero antics. :( The room next door was having a blast though. I was kind of jealous to be honest.

Depends on your server. We ate their a few months ago and our server was really into it - she was great and had us laughing a lot. The food was great too. We're going back next trip. We love it there!

We at there in January. Our server was so deadpan he could have been Droopy Dog, but it didn't feel like a fun act, it just sort of fell flat. I was really disappointed because I'd been telling my buddy for years about the amazing meal we had there the last time I went where the server was fun and sassy and in-you-face and made one of the kids put an apron on and help as "punishment" for being sassy back.

But the table next to us seemed to be having some wild fun. At one point, the server was pushing one of the little boys around in a chair, and then making him do that to her.

It's luck of the draw, really.

I do plan on going back next time because the pot roast was just phenomenal.

We had one server two trips in a row that I wouldn't want for a regular restaurant. He just doesn't seem to enjoy the job and is very dour in our opinion. We specifically asked not to be in his section the next few trips, but now I cannot remember his name. I am bringing my 12 year old niece with me this time and want her to have a great experience, so I am going to make sure to ask at check-in for a fun-loving cousin and see if that helps.

I wonder if it was the same server we had!

The closest he came to playing around was to mumble something when he brought us our milkshakes about "be careful not to drink those too fast or you'll get a headache and that would be bad."

I might see if I can discreetly ask for a "fun-loving cousin" at check in (I'd like to surprise my mom a bit), but if you remember his name, please tell me!

I might see if I can discreetly ask for a "fun-loving cousin" at check in (I'd like to surprise my mom a bit), but if you remember his name, please tell me!
Has anybody here ever asked for a 'fun-loving cousin' and gotten one? Are you able to do that even with a reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter