50s Solo?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
I've asked about doing character dining solo, and have chickened out each time. Since my next couple of trips will be solo (to spare my bf until SWGE opens), I have a full slate of character meals and "interactive" meals lined up.

I'm still nervous about doing character meals solo, but I'm determined to do it. Has anyone done 50s solo? Is it awkward? Do they still joke around with you? I'm imagining it'll be like my experience doing Skipper's Canteen solo.

I ate solo at 50's Prime Time Cafe. The waiter joked around with me, trying to get me to eat something on the plate (probably vegetables). This was quite a few years ago.

When I did my solo trip in 2015 I did 1900 Park Fare and CP for breakfast & 50's and BOG. The only place that made me feel silly for eating solo was BOG for dinner. At 50's my "cousin" kept me company a lot and made it fun. I would definitely do it if you want. I'm going solo again in May and will be booking the same as before, minus BOG.

When I did my solo trip in 2015 I did 1900 Park Fare and CP for breakfast & 50's and BOG. The only place that made me feel silly for eating solo was BOG for dinner. At 50's my "cousin" kept me company a lot and made it fun. I would definitely do it if you want. I'm going solo again in May and will be booking the same as before, minus BOG.

That sounds like fun! Thanks to you both for sharing.

Supposing I’ll need to rely on selfies at the character meals. And hoping I get a good cousin at 50s!

Supposing I’ll need to rely on selfies at the character meals. And hoping I get a good cousin at 50s!

I actually had people at the table next to me at 1900 offer to take pics/video, I was just going to do selfies and at CP I did do just selfies, it was fun and something new. I would just go for it. :)

Supposing you don't want to rely on selfies *I* like asking the character if they know anyone that can take your picture together. They'll often approach a character handler or another table full of guests to take the photo - and who can resist Eeyore's sad face?

Supposing you don't want to rely on selfies *I* like asking the character if they know anyone that can take your picture together. They'll often approach a character handler or another table full of guests to take the photo - and who can resist Eeyore's sad face?
That's an awesome idea I wouldn't have thought of!

Just a beware...we got ZERO jokes and just adequate service and we were a family of 5 at 50s PT. The server was spending lots of time with a bigger table next to us. So the server was obviously capable of it.

Just a beware...we got ZERO jokes and just adequate service and we were a family of 5 at 50s PT. The server was spending lots of time with a bigger table next to us. So the server was obviously capable of it.
We had the same experience. ZERO jokes. It was a shame really. So disappointing.

This happened to one of my sisters a couple of years ago. Carolyn Sue went there after a nasty divorce to get over it. Well the waitress figured out (after asking a bit) if she was up to the humor (she was). The waitress brought 3 waiters to her table when she was done eating and told her she could take one home. She said she about died laughing because she is in her late 30's and the waitress brought 3 late teen to early 20's boys over. The waitress also told her 2 of the 3 were housebroken but she would have to take a chance. It made her feel a lot better and she still talks about it. Disney really does seem to know what to do with a lot of people.

I've asked about doing character dining solo, and have chickened out each time. Since my next couple of trips will be solo (to spare my bf until SWGE opens), I have a full slate of character meals and "interactive" meals lined up.

I'm still nervous about doing character meals solo, but I'm determined to do it. Has anyone done 50s solo? Is it awkward? Do they still joke around with you? I'm imagining it'll be like my experience doing Skipper's Canteen solo.

I've done 50s Prime Time solo twice. Both times my server didn't joke with me (although he was very nice) until I joked with him. I ordered "Grandma's [chicken pot pie?]" both times and asked my server "How did Grandma do this morning? Is she a good cook?" Then he started joking a little more-he really took his cue from me and I appreciated that.
As far as character dining solo-DO IT!! Like you, I was very hesitant, and finally did it but only because I was at BC, Cape May's right there, and I felt like having a big breakfast. I didn't want visits from the characters, and I think they sensed that, so they gave me a wave and blew kisses as they went by. But it was so much fun watching the families, especially the kids, when they got their first glimpse of the character they were waiting for. I've never had a meal make me smile more and go by so fast. OK, I confess-I'm a grandmother and I kept thinking of my own grandkids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!