$59!!!!!! Air Transat!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! Air Transat is having a seat sale! $59 one way to Florida! S

Yes, you have to book before Sept 9 and travel between now and the middle of December. dd has been asking to go to WDW for her bday in December. We aren't going, but I plugged in the dates for fun. All four of us can fly Air Transat for exactly the dates we would have gone for $1024!!!!!! ALL INCLUSIVE! We live 20 minutes from Pearson. So that would be great. The one thing I learned is there is always a deal to be had, so even we won't take advantage of this deal, there will be another deal in the future. S

Wow! That's an amazing rate! Have you flown with them before Sandra? I've never flown on a charter flight before and I'm trying to learn more about them...

That is a great rate for a cdn airline. Air Transat is okay. Seats are small, no frills but the flight is very short so you can tolerate it for that long. It's been said that charters are unreliable for keeping schedules, I haven't had a problem--but AC isn't so great in that dept. either anymore.

As I said the rate is good, but it drives me insane that the taxes/sc's are higher than the fair. When is our gov't going to get it. The airlines are doing there part by lowering the fare, something has to be done about these taxes and surcharges. Flights out of BUF are still slightly cheaper, I would still take that option even if it was just to "proof a point"

We flew with AT in 2001 and AC in 2002. I found both very similar. Our flights were right on time for both AC and AT. We prebook our seats so we know exactly where we are sitting, that way we can book the bulk head for more space. AC does not charge for prebooking seats. AT charges $10 per seat per direction. S

After seeing this message with the rates, I was ready to cancel my southwest flight from Buffalo and go with AT from Toronto to save myself a drive to Buffalo and an overnight prior to flight. However, for my dates atleast, the times are terrible. Going down on Fri 11/14 it leaves TO at 4:30pm and arrives 7:20pm. Then coming back, there is no flight on Sat 11/22, so if I went out on Sun 11/23, the only flight they offer is 9:45pm arriving at 0:25am on Monday. So I'd even have to tag the extra hotel on the return anyways. When all is said and done, with SW, I get to Orlando at 10:00am on Friday, and arrive back at 3:50pm on the following Saturday. Plus, I'm still $300 cheaper on SW, even with exchange! I would love to fly from Pearson, but they're killing us with the taxes and times!

Can you book this special on the Air Transat website? I can't find any mention of the $59 Florida special. Any suggestions where or how to find detailed info? TIA.

Hi ~ I saw the $59 rate in the Sunday Sun Travel Section yesterday. I didn't notice anything about it on the web site either, but when I popped in dates, I got the $59 rate. S

Thank you SandraC!
You posted this, we went to the website, found the fare we liked, searched travelocity, expedia, and finally CAA.. where we got the best rate. We have now added an additional 2 nights to our 14 nights in Disney and got a good room only rate at All Star Sports using CAA/AAA discount for the additional 2 nights.
so we are now staying at the ASSp Nov 7-9 and moving over to ASMo for Nov 9-Nov 23.
(We liked the flight times that Jo-Anne didn't and the 23rd return is perfect for us).
Originally we were driving down and would have missed 1 full day of our FTP Park Passes and possibly would have had to leave a day early....missing another day of passes and hotel.
Am I rambling... I probably am but I'm so darn excited that our original 11 day trip to WDW has transformed into a 17 day trip for basically the same amount of money.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SANDRAC..

Kdawnlily (and her mom)

KdawnLily's Mom ~ xoxoxoxoxoxoxo ~ Glad I could help! Have a wonderful trip! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter