5th Gate at WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Star Wars didn't warrant a 5th gate, then I would assume any discussion of such is dead for the foreseeable future.

From the sound of attendance lately at Epcot, that's where their effort needs to be.

I doubt we see one anytime soon. As of right now, Disney is leaning away from having unique parks, which makes a 5th one really unnecessary since they can just expand existing parks for a lower cost and similar results. Until Universal opens a 4th main park, I don't see Disney even considering it. Perhaps that'll change post-Iger.

Last edited:
My conservative estimate would be 20 years. And that’s if they built out at their current rate (which they won’t be for 20 years straight)

I don't think its likely anytime soon...The statistics show that the average family is taking 5-7 day trips to WDW. So the feeling is that an additional park would most likely cannibalize more of the existing customers and not necessarily bring in more. I prefer they continue to expand epcot, AK, and HS capacity and offerings then take resources and pour them into a new gate.

Well with small "lands" like SW:GE being $1 billion in budget, and $0.5-$0.25 billion for TSL - I can't even fathom the cost of a new gate. I just don't see it.

However, I will say this, once Universal builds gate #3, and if it is as popular as some feel it might be...that may open the discussion again.

Or the paper boy on SSE.
He seemed to be working fine to me my last ride on it. Only technical issue I had was the “data tunnel” was turned off at 180 top. Got turned on the next day. As far as I’m aware He’s just facing the other way

If Star Wars didn't warrant a 5th gate, then I would assume any discussion of such is dead for the foreseeable future.

From the sound of attendance lately at Epcot, that's where their effort needs to be.

I concur, if SW didn't warrant an entire theme park, the only other thing they have that might warrant it right now is Marvel. And barring any change to the agreement with Universal, that's not happening either.

I believe there is an issue which is why he is turned away from us.
The story I head is they turned him away to face a “forced perspective” wall that’s incredibly ineffective. I’ve never heard about a mechanical issue but you’d probably more privy to that kinda thing than me

Probably not until I work my way up to CEO. Then you'll see gates 5 and 6 pretty quickly, along with the return of calling it The Magic Kingdom and restoring the welcome show at the train station.
Hold on, when did The Magic Kingdom get renamed and to what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter