5th Park inevitable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't think so. Disney does themed entertainment not amusement entertainment. People don't come to Disney for Cedar Fair or Six Flags attractions they come to be put in the worlds of stories.

I totally agree with this and I wouldn't not want to see Disney trying to compete in the same space that Cedar Fair and Six Flags do. They are catering to the thrill junky who wants a new thrill every other year. I would not want to see Disney building cheap, lightly themed coasters.

This past weekend had 6 hour waits for "Flight of Passage". What is Star Wars going to be at Christmas time, 10???
I suspect 6 hours will be to simply get in the land. I hope people really want to pay full entry to stand in 2 lines to ride 1 ride a day. 6 hours to get in, another 5 or 6 to pilot the MF.

I wonder if current management will finally embrace roller coasters as a fifth gate option.

Cedar Point puts in huge new rides for a fraction of what Disney spends. I don't think a thrill park requires the expensive theming that a 7DMT demands. Cedar Faire spends around $25 million for a roller coaster. Per Google.

Otherwise a new gate is impossible. Supposedly $750 million for New Fantasyland, a billion for MDE, and $270 million for Ratatouille. What would a whole new gate cost? $25, $50 billion?

I think it's sorely needed, but unlikely to be a 5th gate anytime soon. And it wouldn't do enough to alleviate MK crowding anyways.

I'd love a villains park on Bay Lake if they could reclaim the ground.

Not saying the current management is fully embracing coasters but the last two rides announced to be built are Tron and Guardians coasters.......
Villains park on Bay Lake would be excellent

I agree with what people have said about the rollercoaster park idea. You can go to your local park and get the off the shelf type thrill attractions in many states. Since the beginning Disney has always been about family entertainment. Walt wanted to make a park where parents could actually go on rides with their children. Thrill junkies can get there kicks at SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and probably Universal soon (with the new Harry Potter and Jurassic World coasters).

Disney is more than just a thrill park. It is a lifestyle and family destination, making memories with generations of lucky visitors. Universal has always looked like a cheap knockoff and has nothing on Disney. Disney still does animatronics and nighttime shows better than any of their competition.

Last edited:

Yeah, I wouldn't want Disney to do an all teenager park. Just because Universal or whoever is going for that audience. They are known for doing different types of rides for the whole family. Universal actually should be more like Disney. They have way too many screen rides.

5th park

Lands – Restaurants

Dragon Section – Dragon Fire Pizza (Quick)
Fantasia – Lochness Landing (Quick)
Star Wars – Unnamed Star Wars (Table)
Australia – Tucker’s Takeaway (Quick)
Egypt – Cafe Cairo (Table)

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

5th park

Lands – Restaurants

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

We already have that 5th park. It’s called Disney Springs.:teeth:

Cedar Point puts in huge new rides for a fraction of what Disney spends. I don't think a thrill park requires the expensive theming that a 7DMT demands. Cedar Faire spends around $25 million for a roller coaster. Per Google.

And I live an hour from Cedar Point and haven’t gone in years and probably have been to Disney more than 10 times more often. (I prefer theming to cheap thrills)
That’s not going to attract new people. There’s better roller coasters elsewhere and for much cheaper vacations. Why pay Disney prices when you can get the best coasters in the World at Ohio prices?

A Tron coaster or Guardians coaster is an entirely different animal imo though, but please no park of all steel roller coasters.

This past weekend had 6 hour waits for "Flight of Passage". What is Star Wars going to be at Christmas time, 10???

Looking at how many people the two star wars rides will be able to handle, them combined is about what Pirates of the Caribbean can handle (Per hour). My guess is the land will have waits just to get inside, more likey return ticket times like the Harry Potter areas did after opening. (Either have that or a fastpass for the rides to even get into the land) And Hollywood Studios itself will likely close to fire marshal capacity around the time the land opens and Christmas week (I.e. no more can enter until enough people leave)

Flight of passage has horrible capacity (48 per showing, which is identical to the Simpsons ride capacity per theater, btw) and they still have overheating issues running more than one or two of the four theaters at the same time (so they usually don't and just rotate them around), so it really inflates the waits, but the rides at SWG won't be much better in that department.

Last edited:
I figure a 5th park is a matter of when, not if. What it will be, I have no idea. They have enough IP to do a totally separate version of a Magic Kingdom, which is the one with the highest attendance at the moment, or something totally different. I've heard great things about DisneySea in Tokyo. Maybe something like that? I'm sure someone more creative than me can come up with something great.

I'd be up for a Villain one, but I'd rather have Beastly Kingdom. Disney really jibbed us in the late 90's to save money. I would have taken that land over Dinoland anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

5th park

Lands – Restaurants

Dragon Fire Pizza could be really cool looking. The place could be a stone tavern with pizza ovens that look like dragons.

It seems a bit odd, it all depends on how good Dragon Empire does on whether this section is built. From what I've read it just sounds like Mulan, which is also getting a remake.

Until Epcot is redone completely ( which appears to finally be a focus), AK gets Dinoland replaced and additions made to Pandora, Studios gets SW and then continues redoing the rest of the park to add more capacity, and MK gets Tron, Space mountain shut down, redone, fixed, opened, Tomorrowland redone, and then the park balanced out with new attractions in Adventureland and frontierland, no new park will be built. And to do all of the things on that list, is a 10 year job already and then they will want to continue to improve existing parks before building a new one. 5th gate. I figure it is at least 20-25 years off.

They should have honestly had at least 2 more parks by now.

1971 - Magic Kingdom
1982 - Epcot (11 years later)
1989 - Hollywood (7 years later)
1998 - Animal Kingdom (9 years later)

More resorts and a bigger Downtown/Disney Springs (21 years later)

Beastly Kingdom, if done would have to have more IP's than Dsource has mentioned. Disney won't build another land unless it's associated with a franchise and they can sell their overpriced merchandise.

To be fair to Dsource11, it has been rumored that "Dragon Empire" and "Night on Bald Mountain" are going to get made. Maybe in 5 years they'll look like no brainers.

"Dragon Empire" seems like more of the sure fire hit of the two. Jamie Chung of "The Gifted" and "Once upon a time" stars in the animated feature. and her main companion you may have guessed is a Dragon, whose hundreds of years old.

"Bald Mountain" though sounds pretty lame, right now, in its early stages it is compared to Maleficent. It is a live action film about "Fantasia's" antagonist Chernobog, the gargoyle demon guy. I'm not a fan of Maleficent or Disney's other live actions, so there's good chance I won't be of this one. I'd much rather see an animated film with him, it could be like Nightmare before Christmas.

Right now it's between Beastly Kingdomme and Dark Dominion (villain park). It's leaning towards Beastly, but it could easily switch to the other. Disney will wait and see what Universal's Fantastic World does crowd wise before countering. If Universal has a success on their hands Disney may rush out a park in 2026.

Right now it's between Beastly Kingdomme and Dark Dominion (villain park). It's leaning towards Beastly, but it could easily switch to the other. Disney will wait and see what Universal's Fantastic World does crowd wise before countering. If Universal has a success on their hands Disney may rush out a park in 2026.

I don't see anyway this is going to happen. There just aren't enough strong IP tie in's to build this park under the current management. The idea of a sister park sharing infrastructure doesn't make much sense for AK since there is no easily buildable area to put it, but the park does have a lot of room for direct expansion. Even if they were going to a sister park I would think MK would be the most likely candidate, not AK. Also, if something this high profile was seriously being discussed, other insiders would have heard about it by now.

I still have to wonder how this information is getting out without someone getting fired over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter