6 AM Park Opening my Entire Stay!?!

We are in a similar boat.... Trip planned for 9/3-/12 , not Star Wars fans but we usually are RD type of people.We have been during Christmas time where I think MK opened at 7am and we have done three 24 hour days ( 2 at MK and one at DL). The extended morning hours helped relieve some of the Star Wars opening stressors that I was feeling. I also wanted us to have more down/pool time this trip ( since we are at the parks for 10 days as well as during the heat and humidity ). With the getting up earlier, it gives us more opportunity and almost necessity for these afternoon breaks. Currently , we plan to have two 6 am HS days and one day with no morning plans ( just brunch and MNSSHP) but it is still tempting me to alter some plans. We also have some early evenings throughout our trip so that we dont get too exhausted and cranky. I am considering doing the After hours at MK because the peace from the potential crowds..... only problem is that the only day that would be possible is the 3rd day of our trip. Figured if it was later, we could add on if we felt the need but that would lead to a whole bunch of last minute ADR and park planning juggling.... It will be interesting to see how it pans out. We plan to avoid HS on the weekend so hopefully the crowds wont be quite as bad.

I remember when the Studios opened back in May, 1989, I took a quick Memorial Day weekend trip with my mom (because we found a great airfare). The Studios had a 6:00 a.m. opening on many days (I’m not sure if it was every day) and we arrived at around 7:00 a.m. for a few of them. The park was teeming with crowds (and it was very hot and humid to boot). It was too physically exhausting to stay there all day fighting the crowds in that relatively small footprint, so we ended up at either the MK or Epcot later in the day and stayed until they closed.

That was 30 years ago. :oops: I’m not entirely sure I’d be up for those types of days now.....not every day anyway. But we accomplished quite a bit by getting there early. We didn’t entirely avoid the long lines, but it worked out pretty well. In retrospect we probably should have returned to our resort for some pool time and relaxed, but it was a short trip and......what can I say.....it’s Disney!

We refer to Disney as an adventure trip, if we want to relax we go on a cruise.

Matt
Not me. I have to have significant down time wherever I go on vacation and Disney is no exception. I have an 11 day trip booked in August, but did FP for 8 days. The remaining three days are down days pretty much evenly spaced throughout the trip. I may sleep more than 12 hours those days and I have been known not to leave the room on a down day. I don’t want to go back to work more tired than I was when I left because my work schedule doesn’t allow for getting much sleep.

I would probably be a complete sloth on a cruise :cloud9:

Not me. I have to have significant down time wherever I go on vacation and Disney is no exception. I have an 11 day trip booked in August, but did FP for 8 days. The remaining three days are down days pretty much evenly spaced throughout the trip. I may sleep more than 12 hours those days and I have been known not to leave the room on a down day. I don’t want to go back to work more tired than I was when I left because my work schedule doesn’t allow for getting much sleep.

I would probably be a complete sloth on a cruise :cloud9:

I don't think I could have that much downtime while that close to Epcot! Obviously it's preference based, but not many people I know go to WDW and come back less tired. More relaxed maybe, it's a great way to burn off stress in my experience, but I'm definitely tired. We try to do a sleep in day every 3rd day or so but that's mostly so we don't run out of power during the trip.

Matt

What does everyone think it will be like closer to the end of October? I'm sort of planning a trip for October 19 to 26th. I can handle the really early wake ups as long as I can have a good time which for me means hitting all the attractions. If I get up at 6 and it's a two hour wait for everything anyways I'll be really unhappy.

So I just did a little research - and there is only one attraction opening in Star Wars land on August 31st. Are there any vibes on when the second attraction will open? I'm thinking I might delay my trip to see both of them.

So I just did a little research - and there is only one attraction opening in Star Wars land on August 31st. Are there any vibes on when the second attraction will open? I'm thinking I might delay my trip to see both of them.

It is unknown when the second SWGE attraction will open. Sometime later this year is all we know.

Go in early and then take an afternoon nap. That is my family's strategy regardless of rope drop time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!