6 Park days - where would you go?

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
We will have a park hopper and plan to do a midday break so switching parks is no big deal for us. We will have a 4 year old daughter at the time and staying at the WL.

Would 3 magic kingdom days be too much? Like for booking fast passes at least. Was thinking 1 animal kingdom day and 1 Hollywood studios. We’ve been before and kind of meh on Epcot, but did plan a PPO breakfast at Akershus. But I’m not sure if it’s worth using FP for that day.
ETA: Not sure it’s worth first booking FP for Epcot. Maybe split that stay with another half day at HS? We did love SDD but are not big Star Wars fans so don’t really care about the land.

I agree with you, there isn’t a ton to do in epcot these days. especially with a young kid. other than the frozen ride, i’m not sure there’s anything at epcot i would make time for. and since you have breakfast next door, you might be okay to get in line before it’s too busy. if FEA is a must-do, I would make 1 day of epcot FPs, but otherwise i don’t think i’d bother.

since you said you aren’t a huge SW fan, i think i would only do one day of FPs at HS. but if you really love some of the shows at HS, you might want 2 days.

i really loved spending family time in AK. there’s so much to see and enjoy together. i would plan on visiting the park twice, although maybe not two full days (maybe the afternoon of your epcot morning?).

i think in your position, i would make FPs: 3xMK, 1xHS, 2xAK.

I agree with you, there isn’t a ton to do in epcot these days. especially with a young kid. other than the frozen ride, i’m not sure there’s anything at epcot i would make time for. and since you have breakfast next door, you might be okay to get in line before it’s too busy. if FEA is a must-do, I would make 1 day of epcot FPs, but otherwise i don’t think i’d bother.

since you said you aren’t a huge SW fan, i think i would only do one day of FPs at HS. but if you really love some of the shows at HS, you might want 2 days.

i really loved spending family time in AK. there’s so much to see and enjoy together. i would plan on visiting the park twice, although maybe not two full days (maybe the afternoon of your epcot morning?).

i think in your position, i would make FPs: 3xMK, 1xHS, 2xAK.
Thanks. That’s a good idea. We did enjoy AK last time we went.

We did PPO akershus breakfast twice both right around 8 am and we were able to be one of the first people on FEA was that a fluke? The trip we went to in April I was also able to get day of FP to FEA. Is that abnormal? I was going to try to do that again.

I agree with the above. I would do 2 days at AK, 1/2 day at HS and 1/2 day at EP and 3 at MK. I don't know if there is enough for a 4 year old at HS to warrant a whole day, same with EP.

Thanks. That’s a good idea. We did enjoy AK last time we went.

We did PPO akershus breakfast twice both right around 8 am and we were able to be one of the first people on FEA was that a fluke? The trip we went to in April I was also able to get day of FP to FEA. Is that abnormal? I was going to try to do that again.

i actually don’t know, but if it’s worked before i day go for it :)

It depends on the 4 year old. My daughter is a daredevil when it comes to rides (when we went and she was 3 she cried because she couldn't go on Expedition Everest). So HS has some options for the over 40 inches set that might be up a brave child's alley. I know for our upcoming trip my kiddo is going to love everything in TSL, and get a kick out of TOT and Star Tours. So, if you have a kid that's tall enough and likes exciting rides then a full day at HS is totally worth it. Especially if she'd like the shows like Frozen, and Little Mermaid on top of it.

It depends on the 4 year old. My daughter is a daredevil when it comes to rides (when we went and she was 3 she cried because she couldn't go on Expedition Everest). So HS has some options for the over 40 inches set that might be up a brave child's alley. I know for our upcoming trip my kiddo is going to love everything in TSL, and get a kick out of TOT and Star Tours. So, if you have a kid that's tall enough and likes exciting rides then a full day at HS is totally worth it. Especially if she'd like the shows like Frozen, and Little Mermaid on top of it.
She will be over 40 inches by then and is a daredevil. She was tall enough last time to ride SDD and 7DMT and enjoyed both rides. So I am excited for her to be able to ride those other rides next year. She loves shows. Beauty & the Beast live on stage was one of her favorites.

She will be over 40 inches by then and is a daredevil. She was tall enough last time to ride SDD and 7DMT and enjoyed both rides. So I am excited for her to be able to ride those other rides next year. She loves shows. Beauty & the Beast live on stage was one of her favorites.
Maybe then 3 days MK, 1 day HS, 1.5 days AK, and .5 at Epcot?

2.5 MK, 1.5 AK, 1.5 HS, .5 Epcot

My kids have always been daredevils so RnRC and ToT are two of their faves. We ride them multiple times a trip so HS isn't a half day or one day park for us. At 4 I think you can get away with just doing FW in Epcot. At that age my kids didn't care for WS so we mostly just did FW and strolled through WS in about an hour. We just went in November and finished FW in about 3-4 hours. We spent most of our Epcot time in WS now that the kids are bigger.

2.5 MK, 1.5 AK, 1.5 HS, .5 Epcot

My kids have always been daredevils so RnRC and ToT are two of their faves. We ride them multiple times a trip so HS isn't a half day or one day park for us. At 4 I think you can get away with just doing FW in Epcot. At that age my kids didn't care for WS so we mostly just did FW and strolled through WS in about an hour. We just went in November and finished FW in about 3-4 hours. We spent most of our Epcot time in WS now that the kids are bigger.
She’s into the princesses though so we may do WS to princess hop lol. Not totally sure yet though

What about water parks? We have 6 park days and are doing 2.5 days MK. 1 H.S. day. Epcot half a day. A.K. half a day and going to hit the waterparks. Might go back to A.K. some night

What about water parks? We have 6 park days and are doing 2.5 days MK. 1 H.S. day. Epcot half a day. A.K. half a day and going to hit the waterparks. Might go back to A.K. some night
I wasn’t sure if my daughter was tall enough for a lot of the rides at the park. We already spent enough on a 6 day park hopper so I figured the hotel pool/splash pad would be enough for a 4 year old lol

I guess I'm in that weird minority that LOVES Epcot. We always do two days there when we go. The slow pace and calmer attractions make it a great in between day for the more active parks. True there aren't many FP options there, but I think it's still a minimum of one full day park regardless. We are going for six days this year too, and we are doing 2MK, 2Epcot (food and wine festival!) 1 HS (which doesn't have anything left for FP options anymore with the new tiers) and one AK (our least favorite park.) To each their own though I guess.

I guess I'm in that weird minority that LOVES Epcot. We always do two days there when we go. The slow pace and calmer attractions make it a great in between day for the more active parks. True there aren't many FP options there, but I think it's still a minimum of one full day park regardless. We are going for six days this year too, and we are doing 2MK, 2Epcot (food and wine festival!) 1 HS (which doesn't have anything left for FP options anymore with the new tiers) and one AK (our least favorite park.) To each their own though I guess.
We did Epcot a decent amount the last 2 times we went and my husband was kind of meh on it. So will probably do just a PPO Akershus and have a half day there.

The HS fast passes are so annoying! I think Mickey & Minnie’s runaway RR should be opened by the time we go but we would want to FP+ SDD. I hate how all of the tier 2 FP+ are shows. It doesn’t make sense to Fastpass 2 days there then.

Like I said, everyone has their own preferences. We love wandering around the world pavilion and trying out the different foods, seeing the shows...not to mention the wait time for characters is crazy short there! Not to big on future world...It's kind of a mess right now anyway, but the world pavilion! <3

I agree whole hardheartedly on the HS thing. I guess I can understand kind of why they did it. But at the same time, I think they may be over anticipating the crowd levels just a bit. (I could be wrong) but the extended free dining, tells me the place didn't book quite a quickly as they had hoped. I couldn't care less about a new space themed shopping district, so we will be skipping galaxy's edge...which makes makes the tiering worse because now we can't even get the rides we want in and get out like we did last year! sigh...

I love Epcot too. So does DH. We've had a few Disney date nights in WS while the kids stayed at the resort. DD13 isn't really into it and DS19 likes it but if given a choice he is fine staying at the pool with his sister. He said he does want to do WS when he turns 21 and drink around the world with us.

This past trip it was just DD and myself during F&W. She went back to the room to relax one afternoon (stayed at BWV) while I hit the booths. She just isn't into the countries too much. She can give every country 5 minutes and then she's over it. With that said, I found F&W to be overrated. I did just a few hours of booths before I said forget the lines and expensive prices for bite size morsels of food and instead explored. DD did start liking WS more when I let her get a henna tattoo. I'm not beneath bribery! lol Since we stayed at BWV that trip we did spend a lot more time at WS than she would have liked but she was ok with it since I gave her extra extra time at DHS (her fave park). Trade offs.

I love Epcot too. So does DH. We've had a few Disney date nights in WS while the kids stayed at the resort. DD13 isn't really into it and DS19 likes it but if given a choice he is fine staying at the pool with his sister. He said he does want to do WS when he turns 21 and drink around the world with us.

This past trip it was just DD and myself during F&W. She went back to the room to relax one afternoon (stayed at BWV) while I hit the booths. She just isn't into the countries too much. She can give every country 5 minutes and then she's over it. With that said, I found F&W to be overrated. I did just a few hours of booths before I said forget the lines and expensive prices for bite size morsels of food and instead explored. DD did start liking WS more when I let her get a henna tattoo. I'm not beneath bribery! lol Since we stayed at BWV that trip we did spend a lot more time at WS than she would have liked but she was ok with it since I gave her extra extra time at DHS (her fave park). Trade offs.

I like the food and wine festive. It's a great place to use up credits if you are using the dining plan! I could spend half a day in the Japan pavilion alone. Scratch that...a whole day, half of it watching people try to get pearls from oysters! 😁

I think it depends when you go, but we will be going over thanksgiving with an 18 month old. I think we will be spending most of the time at MK and AK. We will at least do 2 days at Epcot. I want to go when the storytellers are out as I think she would enjoy that. If you are going over the holidays, then there will be more for kids with the storytellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!