6 Parks in 1 Day!

If you only have one night in Orlando skip the Disney Springs hotel and stay at an airport hotel. You can easily Uber to DHS in the morning, leaving your bags at the airport hotel and pick them up when returning to the airport for your flight to California.

Will you be spending a few days in CA to further explore Disneyland?? I was a WDW vet before I discovered Disneyland. I like it so much better than WDW and would hate for you to miss out on really getting to spend time there since it sounds like perhaps you've never been there before??

Where are you starting out from? Do you live in Orlando?

I've been to Disneyland once when I was a kid, but not since then. Yes, we are spending the next 4 days there after that, so we should definitely have plenty of time to do everything we want there. I can't wait! I find it hard to imagine liking it more than WDW, but I'll keep my mind open haha!

We live in Tennessee and are flying down to Orlando the day before. It's a whirwind (probably once in a lifetime) trip!

Do the Disney Springs hotel not allow you to leave your luggage with them when you go to the parks like a Disney hotel does?

This sounds like such a fun idea! I would get TSA precheck to speed up the process to get through the airport quicker.

To be honest, I don't know. I just assumed that they didn't do that, but it's probably worth a call to see. Thanks!

Would your hotel hold your bags for you in Disney Springs? Since check out time is probably, what, 11? and you're leaving at 12 or 1? They probably get requests like that all the time. The only downside is you'd have to stop back at your hotel on the way out.

To be honest, I don't know. I just assumed that they didn't do that, but it's probably worth a call to see. Thanks!

Almost any hotel will allow you to check a bag with bell services if your room isn't ready yet or after you checkout. It is a common industry practice. Remember to tip the luggage handler!

That's an interesting idea about the Contemporary bell services. Would they keep our bags even if we don't stay there? Definitely worth looking into. Thanks!

Yes! I've done this and read about others who have as well. ( And TBH, I don't think they'd even ask if you're staying. Just a simple transaction of "We'd like to check our bags," a luggage tag, and a tip at pickup covers it all.)

Just a thought: It seems to me the fastest and most reliable transportation would be to hire a car and driver for the day. You could notify them as soon as you start heading for the park exit (or to the Contemporary) so they could be right there to pick you up and take you to the next stop (assuming they wouldn't be able to just wait for you). It would also solve your luggage issue, since they could hold your bags for you.

Obviously it would be a splurge, but for such a momentous event, it might be worth considering. You'd likely be totally fine with Uber as well, but sometimes there can be unexpected delays waiting for your car to arrive.

Otherwise your plan sounds pretty solid to me. Good luck!

One thing to consider when taking Lyft/Uber is that the pick-up locations at the parks are not the same locations as the taxi pick-up locations. For example, Epcot's pick-up location is located out near the guest parking lot rather than the taxi lot near the buses. It will save time knowing where to go when getting your Lyft/Uber.

We honeymooned at WDW in June and ended up using Lyft daily (we Californians couldn't handle the humidity!). We generally paid $8-$11 per trip and rarely waited more than 5 minutes for our car to arrive. We would request a car before we even left the park and it was usually waiting when we got to the pick-up location. All of our drivers were wonderful and nice and we got to our destination (usually our hotel) quickly with the exception of one trip - the driver was fantastic except that she took a wrong turn and what should have been an 8 minute drive took closer to 25! Still faster than a bus, though!

Once you get to Disneyland, you should be able to knock out at least one ride in each park easily that night. The two parks are so close together, we hop between parks multiple times per day when we go. Four days at Disneyland is PLENTY of time to get everything done. It's a magical place (even more so than WDW, in my opinion).

Have fun and good luck!

Have you checked into how much a 1-night car rental would cost? You can pick up from a Disney Springs hotel and then drop off at airport. May be cheaper than Ubering everywhere and then can leave your bags in the car.

Otherwise, if you get up super early, you can take your luggage over to Saratoga Springs and do Resort Airline Check-in. They don't check if you are actually a hotel guest for that. Then just bring your carry-on backpack into the parks!

I met that family at Disneyland at the end of the day and we rode Mr Toad together! It was awesome fun!

This trip is a huge splurge so we need to save money anyway we can! lol

I think this is nuts!! I feel the stress of bouncing around would take any enjoyment out of the WDW portion of your trip. But looking forward to hearing your tail once your trip is complete.

As for transportation -- you could look into Minnie vans for between parks-- I think they drop you off where the buses do whereas uber drops you off in a different spot, requiring a further walk. $25 a pop but they might be an option.

For getting to the airport. I don't feel that an hour is sufficient (figuring it might take you 45 minutes to get there if there is traffic). The security lines can be very slow at MCO and you would probably be safer with 2 hours. I would look into Tony Hinds to pick you up. You can google his name or even search on these boards-- Very timely with our pick ups when we used him in April.

I look forward to hearing about ur Epic Bouncing Adventure. I’m exhausted just reading it lol.

We did this 12/29/2014. I think I posted the details over at easywdw though....

It was tons of fun! (We had several trips before that, and had spent a few days at WDW before the "epic" day). That 1:50 flight is going to be a challenge though (ours was later, I think we left the last park at 2pm, taxied to PoR to pick up luggage, then to airport).

So....if it were me...

I'd leave luggage with bell services where I was staying the night before, and just swing by & pick it back up on the way to the airport.

I've also made a couple attempts at the parkeology "all the rides" challenge recently, so here's my 2 cents on park hopping...
1) Love minnie vans, but the price is going up significantly if it hasn't already (not a flat fee any more).

2) HS to AK, with all the construction, this is messy - a couple weeks ago uber/taxi/minnie van all picked up/dropped off in the same area - but it may be all back to "normal" by oct 17. Double check when you get there to see what the best option may be. The drop off for taxi/uber at AK is very convenient. The Minnie van is also, but is by the buses, not near the other drop off/pick up.

3) AK - anything except FoP is walk on at rope drop.

4) AK to Epcot, uber/taxi/minnie van all about the same time wise/drop off/pick up wise I think.

5) Probably faster to walk to contemporary.....uber/taxi from there...

6) Security at MCO without precheck can take a long time......

7) HAVE FUN!

Just a thought: It seems to me the fastest and most reliable transportation would be to hire a car and driver for the day. You could notify them as soon as you start heading for the park exit (or to the Contemporary) so they could be right there to pick you up and take you to the next stop (assuming they wouldn't be able to just wait for you). It would also solve your luggage issue, since they could hold your bags for you.

Obviously it would be a splurge, but for such a momentous event, it might be worth considering. You'd likely be totally fine with Uber as well, but sometimes there can be unexpected delays waiting for your car to arrive.

Otherwise your plan sounds pretty solid to me. Good luck!

It's an option we are definitely considering. And it would solve a lot of our troubles. Thanks!

Have you checked into how much a 1-night car rental would cost? You can pick up from a Disney Springs hotel and then drop off at airport. May be cheaper than Ubering everywhere and then can leave your bags in the car.

Otherwise, if you get up super early, you can take your luggage over to Saratoga Springs and do Resort Airline Check-in. They don't check if you are actually a hotel guest for that. Then just bring your carry-on backpack into the parks!

I met that family at Disneyland at the end of the day and we rode Mr Toad together! It was awesome fun!

Yes!!! I remember you from the other thread! How fun! Hope we have as much good luck as they did. And I just looked at a rental car for one night and it's not bad at all. That might be the way to go. Thanks so much!

I think this is nuts!! I feel the stress of bouncing around would take any enjoyment out of the WDW portion of your trip. But looking forward to hearing your tail once your trip is complete.

As for transportation -- you could look into Minnie vans for between parks-- I think they drop you off where the buses do whereas uber drops you off in a different spot, requiring a further walk. $25 a pop but they might be an option.

For getting to the airport. I don't feel that an hour is sufficient (figuring it might take you 45 minutes to get there if there is traffic). The security lines can be very slow at MCO and you would probably be safer with 2 hours. I would look into Tony Hinds to pick you up. You can google his name or even search on these boards-- Very timely with our pick ups when we used him in April.

Yes it is definitely nuts! haha! We have been to WDW about 10 times in the past few years, so we have had opportunities to enjoy our park time before. I suppose the "enjoyment" from this comes from the excitement of doing something super crazy and almost impossible, rather than the actual place and things themselves, if that makes sense. To be sure, the enjoyment from this is subjective and probably limited to a handful of other crazies like me! (To be honest, I think my husband thinks it's nuts too, but he loves me - so here we are! :laughing:)

I'm definitely worried about the airport timing, I'm just not sure how much more time we can bank in the morning. I'm still thinking on all this and fine tuning my plans, hopefully we can figure out some tricks to squeeze some more time in there so we're not cutting it so close.
Thanks for the advice!

We did this 12/29/2014. I think I posted the details over at easywdw though....

It was tons of fun! (We had several trips before that, and had spent a few days at WDW before the "epic" day). That 1:50 flight is going to be a challenge though (ours was later, I think we left the last park at 2pm, taxied to PoR to pick up luggage, then to airport).

So....if it were me...

I'd leave luggage with bell services where I was staying the night before, and just swing by & pick it back up on the way to the airport.

I've also made a couple attempts at the parkeology "all the rides" challenge recently, so here's my 2 cents on park hopping...
1) Love minnie vans, but the price is going up significantly if it hasn't already (not a flat fee any more).

2) HS to AK, with all the construction, this is messy - a couple weeks ago uber/taxi/minnie van all picked up/dropped off in the same area - but it may be all back to "normal" by oct 17. Double check when you get there to see what the best option may be. The drop off for taxi/uber at AK is very convenient. The Minnie van is also, but is by the buses, not near the other drop off/pick up.

3) AK - anything except FoP is walk on at rope drop.

4) AK to Epcot, uber/taxi/minnie van all about the same time wise/drop off/pick up wise I think.

5) Probably faster to walk to contemporary.....uber/taxi from there...

6) Security at MCO without precheck can take a long time......

7) HAVE FUN!

So cool that you did this too! I wonder how many have actually done it (or even attempted it). It seems so crazy that at first I was thinking no way it's even possible - but it seems that more people than I probably imagined have already thought of and accomplished it!

Really good advice on the hopping (and I'm someday wanting to try the parkeology challenge too!). Minnie vans are probably the most reliable transportation to be honest, but so expensive. I'm looking into a rental car now and thinking of options if we had our own car. I'm really thinking about changing the order of our park hopping so we don't end at MK and have to worry about getting back to a place where we parked our car/where an Uber can pick us up. Any thoughts on this? I was considering drive to HS, drive car to Epcot, monorail to MK, then maybe monorail back to Epcot and car to drive to AK? I don't know. I can't seem to get this exactly right. It's like a puzzle that I can't quite get the pieces to fit together lol.

I know when I was at Disneyland a couple months ago I was planning on bringing my suitcase and storing it in a locker then found out beforehand they wouldn’t allow it thru security. So really make sure about this. Personally I’d just pack a couple pair of leggings, handful of tees, 2 sweatshirts and you’re good to go! Pack it all in a backpack and store in a locker.

I know you have EMM for HS... but do you have to ride something at every park??? Or can it just be a pic with the parks icon and off to the next?? It will literally save you probably at least a half hr at each park.. especially if you've been to WDW that many times.. and you will be riding the Toy Story rides.. just a thought to help you save time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!