10 Trips in 27 Months! WOO! HOO! COMPLETED 10/2018

House cleaned, CHECK!
Spending money transferred, CHECK!
Packing on Sunday...
Grocery shopping, mani and pedi on Monday...

Ok friends...the moment has come...Joe and I leave in 2 days!!! Looks like the weather in Orlando and St Pete is going to be perfect. I'm looking forward to some alone time with my husband, and spending time with my niece. I'll add onto this report when I get back, instead of posting somewhere else. I'll just make this thread to include all 3 of my trips...:mickeyjum Aren't you all lucky!?!?

IMG_0484.JPG IMG_0485.JPG [GALLERY=][/GALLERY] Flew into beautiful Orlando bright and early on March 21, and we headed to Wahlburgers, where we enjoyed a great meal! After that, we headed to Disney Springs to see if our room was ready...

IMG_0507.JPG We finished up March 21 with Wishes at the Grand Floridian and a yummy almond fruit tart. Sorry, no pics.

On March 22 we had breakfast at Olivia's and did some more shopping in Disney Springs before heading over to St Pete.

We spent the 22nd until today in St Pete. The weather was beautiful, watching my niece was a lot of fun and we still had lots of time to relax.

Love your pics! Cuties!!

It seems like a nice recharging kind of trip...I could use one of those!

Love your pics! Cuties!!

It seems like a nice recharging kind of trip...I could use one of those!

It was nice to get out of Illinois, although I really can't complain about the weather here...Its been a very mild winter...I am looking forward to getting back down to the sunshine state...63 days and counting...

Hi everyone! I have an exciting update I'd like to share with all of you...I changed resorts for my June 2-3 trip. And where did I change it to?????? We are now staying at Saratoga Springs!!!! It just made sense. For $73 more, I was able to upgrade from AoA to a deluxe studio at SSR. My sister, niece, my daughter Ashley and I will be spending all of our time shopping and eating in Disney Springs, so this seemed like an obvious choice, especially with the new room discount...We can walk across the bridge, or take a relaxing boat ride from the resort to DS. We won't have to take the buses (not a fan) or have to have the hassle of getting my niece in and out of her car seat every time we want to leave the resort...I am so excited, because I've never stayed at SSR, so any feedback would be appreciated...:P

Also, just saved $145 on our vacation at CSR, due to the new summer room discount...

Hi everyone! I have an exciting update I'd like to share with all of you...I changed resorts for my June 2-3 trip. And where did I change it to?????? We are now staying at Saratoga Springs!!!! It just made sense. For $73 more, I was able to upgrade from AoA to a deluxe studio at SSR. My sister, niece, my daughter Ashley and I will be spending all of our time shopping and eating in Disney Springs, so this seemed like an obvious choice, especially with the new room discount...We can walk across the bridge, or take a relaxing boat ride from the resort to DS. We won't have to take the buses (not a fan) or have to have the hassle of getting my niece in and out of her car seat every time we want to leave the resort...I am so excited, because I've never stayed at SSR, so any feedback would be appreciated...:P

How exciting! Saratoga Springs is our home DVC resort. I have to say it hasn't been my favorite...but on our last trip in November I realized it's really starting to grow on me. It's truly a beautiful layout, although the bus situation can be a bit crazy because there are so many stops. For our November trip, we actually had a building that was between two bus stops which worked out pretty nicely. Plus we were next to one of the pools and we just had to walk across a lovely bridge to get to the main building where we had the counter service food. I think in the future that is probably one of the best places to stay. Now we did ride the bus most of the time for this trip, because there were 9 of us and we wouldn't all fit in one car, but we usually drive to the parks.

Since your focus is on food and shopping, hopefully you can get a building closer to Disney Springs.

I was seriously considering a return there for our October trip but I'm thinking of inviting another family to stay with us so we would need 9 in a 2 bedroom. Unfortunately the SSR 2BR don't have the small chair-bed for the 9th person, so it would mean a kid sleeping on the floor again. Therefore we may try to book Old Key West as an alternative as we haven't stayed there in a long time either.

Have fun!

How exciting! Saratoga Springs is our home DVC resort. I have to say it hasn't been my favorite...but on our last trip in November I realized it's really starting to grow on me. It's truly a beautiful layout, although the bus situation can be a bit crazy because there are so many stops. For our November trip, we actually had a building that was between two bus stops which worked out pretty nicely. Plus we were next to one of the pools and we just had to walk across a lovely bridge to get to the main building where we had the counter service food. I think in the future that is probably one of the best places to stay. Now we did ride the bus most of the time for this trip, because there were 9 of us and we wouldn't all fit in one car, but we usually drive to the parks.

Since your focus is on food and shopping, hopefully you can get a building closer to Disney Springs.

I was seriously considering a return there for our October trip but I'm thinking of inviting another family to stay with us so we would need 9 in a 2 bedroom. Unfortunately the SSR 2BR don't have the small chair-bed for the 9th person, so it would mean a kid sleeping on the floor again. Therefore we may try to book Old Key West as an alternative as we haven't stayed there in a long time either.

Have fun!

With the discount it just made sense. Why get on and off a bus or in and out of the car, when we can take a lovely stroll or a peaceful boat ride...Plus, its another first for me.

Welcome back! Looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves, and your niece is a cutie!

Also, just saved $145 on our vacation at CSR, due to the new summer room discount...
You're right, it does make perfect sense to move to SSR. I can't really give any feedback because although we did stay there once, it was back in 2011 and I really don't remember what section we were in. We didn't go to DTD while there and I didn't go to the pools (DH took the boys once while I unpacked), we were only there 3 nights after a week off-site. I do remember we liked it enough; whatever section we were in was close to the main building. We had a couple breakfasts and one dinner at Artist's Palatte and thought the food was pretty good!

Welcome back! Looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves, and your niece is a cutie!

You're right, it does make perfect sense to move to SSR. I can't really give any feedback because although we did stay there once, it was back in 2011 and I really don't remember what section we were in. We didn't go to DTD while there and I didn't go to the pools (DH took the boys once while I unpacked), we were only there 3 nights after a week off-site. I do remember we liked it enough; whatever section we were in was close to the main building. We had a couple breakfasts and one dinner at Artist's Palatte and thought the food was pretty good!

When I found the new summer room discount, I knew it was meant to be, since all we are doing is swimming at the resort and spending the rest of the time at DS...Plus, it's one more resort to check off my list...:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter