6 wishes on a star, the family vacation of our dreams come true! PTR August 2011

Vowelmommy

Mouseketeer
We are finally doing it. We are taking the children to Walt Disney World. We have talked about it for years. But we could not afford it, or I was pregnant, or we had a newborn, or the kids had obligations, or Mike could not get time off, or the list goes on. But this summer, the stars have aligned, and we have made a wish on them. Time for a dream come true. My heart is so full of this trip. :love::wizard:

The Cast:

DSC_0194_2.jpg

Me :) Rachel. I am a 35 year old full time mom to 4 children. I love cooking, eating, photography, and shopping. I teach Sunday School, volunteer at the children's schools and try and keep everything running smoothly. I am having the time of my life planning this Disney trip, and I can not wait to make my family's dreams come true. My first trip to Disney was with my parents as a teenager. I loved it more than I knew I could love any place in the world. We went back again a few years later. Mike and I went to Disneyland on our honeymoon and it was amazing. We went to WDW for our first anniversary, and sadly have not been back since.
Mike. 42 My sweet and loving DH. A software developer. He works hard to take care of our family, and leaves most of the vacation planning to me. He is patient with my current trip planning obsession, but does not really share it. He will be excited once we get there.

Alex1.jpg

Alex. My first born baby who is now a teenager. He will turn 13 a month before the trip and we will celebrate while we are there. He has asked to go to Disney since he was a toddler. I think he had given up. He has been watching every documentary he can get his hands on about WDW. He is excited to try new food, ride The Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. Alex is a sweet and sentimental boy so I think he will love just being in the magic. He is very interested in planning the trip, and asks for details about it often.

IMG_1256.jpg

Ethan. 10 Ethan is finishing up third grade. He has anxiety disorder as well as Dyslexia. His best friend went to WDW on spring break, and they have talked about little else since. He is really excited about the trip. His must do attractions are the stunt car show at MGM, Toy Story Mania and Test Track. Striking a balance between structured and flexible will be key in helping keep his anxiety in check. I think Ethan will enjoy our resort, and all the desserts we get on the dining plan. I really hope that he will have a wonderful trip, and be able to enjoy the magic. I hope to get a lot of smiles from him on this trip, I love his smile.

Isaac1.jpg

Isaac. 4 Isaac is hilarious. He talks your ear off, breaks in to spontaneous song and tells a mean knock knock joke. He asks me every day if we are going to Disney World today. He is excited to ride Dumbo, the magic carpets, Splash Mountain and to meet Mickey. He still naps daily at home, so we will see how we do in the park. I think he is going to be a dawn till dusk die hard. He is so excited!

IMG_1645.jpg

Amelia. 2 Amelia is our princess. After 3 boys I was beyond thrilled to have a girl, and I still enjoy the novelty of a daughter every day. She loves princesses, dress up, and dolls. She also loves fire trucks, swimming and animals, especially lions and tigers. Amelia still naps daily at home, but I think she will be a stroller napper. I guess we will see! I can not wait for her to meet the princesses.

Oh, I love first trips! :lovestruc

DH and I took our two DDs for their 1st trip back in 2007 (they were ages 4 and 6 at the time). Prior to that, it had been over 20 years since DH or myself had been to WDW! Our 2nd family trip was last October... I'm hoping we can make another once sometime in 2013 once the Fantasyland expansion is complete!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

Joining in...so exciting planning the first trip, oh who am I kidding, I'm having just as much fun planning the second family trip too.

Your little ones are adorable wishing you lots of magic and pixie dust:wizard:

It is so fun to share my plans!
Once Mike and I realized that THIS was the year for Disney we moved pretty fast. We priced things out and decided within just a couple of days. One night I was lying on the bed looking at flights on my laptop, just to get an idea of prices, and whether we could really make this work. Mike took my laptop out of my hands. I asked what he was doing:confused3 and he replied. "booking". :)

We are flying from Minneapolis, hopefully non stop,( I am a bit worried that Airtran will switch things up on us) and arriving in Orlando for 7 nights in (hopefully) connecting rooms at All Star Movies. I am a bit worried about that as well, but I can not do a thing about it.

Our days will look like this:
Monday
Arrival day!!!
ME to resort
Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Tuesday
Magic Kingdom
Lunch with Pooh at Crystal Palace

Wednesday
Animal Kingdom
Late Dinner at Cape May Clambake

Thursday
Mike and the younger kids have a resort day, while the older boys and I head to Universal IOA for WWOHP. :wizard:

Friday
Epcot
Princess Breakfast in Norway :lovestruc

Saturday
DHS
Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In

Sunday
Magic Kingdom
Dinner at WCC

Monday
Go home :sad1:

We have non hopper tickets, and the DDP.
In the next post, we tell the children. :)

Ok seriously, now I am crying. I cry at Disney commercials so I am tearing up after watching that video. So sweet!

Your plans sound great! Crystal Palace is one of my faves (except we've only done breakfast there)... so is Sci-Fi and WCC. Both of those places are such fun, and the food is really good.

We did lunch at Akershus on our 1st trip... your DD will love all the princesses! And your DSes won't be left out... the princesses will shower them will attention, too!

Your video is so cute! I think your oldest DS was speechless, LOL!

I loved the video. Of course that segued into me spending an hour on youtube watching Disney surprise videos :)

Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter