6 yo has soybean/edamame allergy. Is Poly covered in edamame?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ChicagoJ, Jan 12, 2018.

1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Mouseketeer

i just looked at the menu for some restaurants at the poly (our resort) and there's lots of edamame. Can I feel confident there won't be cross contamination? We're staying there and have ADRs for an Ohana dinner and the Best Friends Breakfast, plus plan to do some quick service on our resort day (by the pool etc).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. holden

holden DIS Veteran

Note the allergy in MDE and on the reservation. Also, ask to speak with the chef when you are seated to discuss the allergy. This is not uncommon. I’ve seen plenty of people talking to chefs at Disney about allergy concerns.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Mouseketeer

I can't figure out where to notate it in MDE. Do you know where?

poohfriend77 likes this.
  5. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

When I made ADRs there was a place where it asked about allergies. I don't know of a place to put it in MDE itself.

6. holden

holden DIS Veteran

I’m not sure exactly but maybe call and ask. Our friends’ daughter has a nut allergy that they said is listed in her “profile” so that every restaurant is notified about it.

7. NOLA_Tink

NOLA_Tink Second star to the right & straight on til morning

Last year, I forgot to add an allergy when making my online reservations. I called & the dining cast member added it to all of our reservations for me. Didn't take long & it was noted every time we arrived at a restaurant. Best wishes!

8. Fuhnuh

Fuhnuh Mouseketeer

We've stayed at the Poly 5 times through the years, the last being summer 2016. I believe we have eaten at all the food establishments there over the various trips. DD17, who was 7 during our first stay, is allergic to dairy, eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts. We had no issues, but we did talk to a representative (not sure if it was always a chef, may have been a manager at QS) each time. I believe they would have no problem accommodating you because soy is a top 8 allergen, but calling and having it noted on your reservations may be a good idea. Many WDW TS restaurants have a dedicated area for making allergy friendly meals. Have a great trip!

9. JediBonas

JediBonas DIS Veteran

Note it on the reservation and tell them again when you check in to eat. My son is allergic to soy, eggs, various nuts and peanuts and we've never had an issue at any of the restaurants.