60th Birthday Celebration at Christmastime - Nov. 30-Dec. 4, 2016 UPDATE: Post #2

Before I start getting into the review, here are some highlights from the trip:
  • The Art of Animation Resort was awesome and I adored all the sketches in the common areas and even the hotel room.
  • Although we did not get to see Betty Shambles, DH did chat with Norma Desmond who said he was naughty and wouldn't get what he wanted for Christmas. She made a random comment she was going to Sea World the next day and my DH asked if she was Shamu (later explained the star attraction). She responded, "Are you calling me OLD or FAT? I am NOT FAT. I am under tall!"
  • The sunset safari was beautiful and we saw some of their night animals, like the hyenas. The lions were active too.
  • Riding EE in the dark was a blast and it made the Yeti at the end stick out more which made it scarier. I also enjoyed the tree of life coming alive with light projections.
  • Dinner at 'Ohana was AMAZING. We adored their bread and bread pudding dessert!
  • We were first in line for Frozen Ever After. We were asked if we were there for Akersus (?) breakfast and we said we were waiting for FEA. They were shocked they did rope drop so early, before 8 AM and we had to wait. We both enjoyed the ride, even if though we liked Maelstrom.
  • La Befana was an excellent holiday storyteller.
  • Festival of Lion King was an great show and we were glad to see it this time around.
  • At the Christmas party we met the Pooh Gang and both loved the stage show and parade. Clarabelle Cow made it in a lot of my photos.
  • Snow on Main Street is wonderful.
  • Haunted Mansion did indeed open back up on 12/2 and DH was thrilled. We also loved Memento Mori!
  • BOG is even better during Christmas. The Beast was quite a fan of DH who said he loved him. He even requested they get a photo separately. Watch out Belle!
  • Hokey Pokey - ing with Clarabelle Cow was the icing on the cake. I probably had more interaction with the CM by me than her, but darn it we got some fun photos.

It sounds like a positive review so far! I didn't even realize the Beast talks, how fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter