6pm closure at MK on October 22nd, which is not a MNSSHP night. Why?

Dizjunkieee

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I'm seeing MK closing at 6pm on 10/22, which is NOT a MNSSHP night. Anyone know why? Is there a private event perhaps? Trying to plan for ADR booking which opens for my trip Monday 4/22, and this could throw a small wrench in things. TIA for any info anyone may have.

6pm MK closings have tended to mean a special event of some sort. For example, Grainger had a corporate event 2/12/18 and the park closed at 6pm. The fall Gartner IT convention is 10/20-10/24 (tends to rank as one of the bigger/biggest WDW conventions each year), maybe something going on there (that is total speculation on my part).

There’s usually a CM anniversary party sometime later in the year, although those have been 4:30pm closings. Dates were 11/5/2018, 11/30/2017, 11/16/2016, so both the time and month don’t quite fit.

6pm MK closings have tended to mean a special event of some sort. For example, Grainger had a corporate event 2/12/18 and the park closed at 6pm. The fall Gartner IT convention is 10/20-10/24 (tends to rank as one of the bigger/biggest WDW conventions each year), maybe something going on there (that is total speculation on my part).

There’s usually a CM anniversary party sometime later in the year, although those have been 4:30pm closings. Dates were 11/5/2018, 11/30/2017, 11/16/2016, so both the time and month don’t quite fit.

Ahhh - I wasn't aware of the Gartner IT convention. Where it falls over the 22nd, I bet that is the likely culprit. Thanks!

Do they still have the fireworks at Magic Kingdom if they close for a corporate event? If so, what time would they be? Trying to firm up dinner plans around watching the fireworks, if they have them.

Do they still have the fireworks at Magic Kingdom if they close for a corporate event? If so, what time would they be? Trying to firm up dinner plans around watching the fireworks, if they have them.

If it’s the kind of corporate event that closes the park at something early like 6pm like what is being discussed above, then no - there would not be nighttime fireworks on the schedule.

Now, there may (key word) be some kind of fireworks show during whatever corporate event it is that would be viewable from the traditional MK resort locations, but knowing the schedule or if there will be any kind of fireworks would be difficult.

Not the nightly fireworks. Depends on the corporate event. No one here knows the time

I just saw on the calendar on the website that MK has extra magic hours every morning 7-8 starting sept. 1 going into November. Might be good news for you OP. Not so much for me. We are going for one day October 13. Staying off site. Driving 2 hours from the beach. So I guess we will just get there when we get there and make the best of it. So much for rope drop.

I just saw on the calendar on the website that MK has extra magic hours every morning 7-8 starting sept. 1 going into November. Might be good news for you OP. Not so much for me. We are going for one day October 13. Staying off site. Driving 2 hours from the beach. So I guess we will just get there when we get there and make the best of it. So much for rope drop.
Hours were updated May 4th, daily EMH for MK, DHS and AK from September 1st through November 2nd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter