7 day split resort stay - How would you do it.

Joshua Boyce

Earning My Ears
If you had to split your week long WDW vacation due to limited rooms, what 2 resorts would you want to stay at and how would you break it up? (ex. 2days-5days, 3days-4days, 4days-3days, 5days-2days)

Depends on your focus (which park) but I would probably split it 3 days at Beach Club, 4 days at Contemporary/Bay Lake Towers (DVC).

We do split stays to make our Disney vacations more affordable. Usually we do something like 3 nights Pop Century, 4 nights Contemporary. This spring we are doing 5 nights Pop Century and 4 nights Polynesian, and we are really excited! We've never stayed at the Poly and can't wait for it! Our first night at Pop Century we don't arrive until late, around 10 PM, so it will feel more like 4 nights. I feel like that's about my limit at Pop. I love that Resort, but the rooms are quite small, especially now with two queen size beds.

We did a split stay last year-4 nights at por and 3 nights at akl. We loved por but didn’t like akl that much at all. We are trying to stay at a new resort each trip but if I could pick to stay at one again it would be POFQ hands down.

We do split stays a lot. Just did 3 nights OKW, 2 at Poly and then 2 at Coronado. In Oct I did 1 at Pop, then 4 at BWV and then 3 at AKV. The 'where' changes but we like to have most days at an Epcot resort. If doing a week... 4 at BWV with 3 at varied other places. My fave split was 5 at BWV and then 4 at VWL.

Last edited:
I would do 1/6 if possible if not then i would do 2/5. The reason is it will feel like a short trip when you do a few days at 2 resorts. But when you have like 6 nights at 1 resort it will feel fufilling. I would do 1 or 2 nights at port orleans riverside, wilderness lodge, or polynesian and then 5 or 6 nights at the grand floridian or polynesian. The magic kingdom resorts really give you that sense of magic. And port orleans is just so beautiful.

I would do 4 nights/3 nights (or 3 nights/4 nights depending on park touring plans) and break it up between a MK and EP resort. I, personally, would do WL and BWI or BC.

3/4 split and do MK resort and then move it to a EP resort. We loved our Poly/BC split.

Next trip we rented points for BWV for 7 nights. I really wanted to do 9 but I had to pay upfront and it was right around Christmas when I booked so I only had the 7 nights on hand. So we are doing two nights at POFQ prior to our BWV stay. I've always wanted to try POFQ but I don't think I will get the full experience with just two nights. I wanted to do Contemporary or GF but GF was $700 more for the two nights. I couldn't justify it since we are always at the parks a lot those first two days.

We almost always do split stays now days. It's one or two nights at either a value or moderate (whichever one is less) then move over to an Epcot resort, again whichever one is less, including Swan/Dolphin. If it's a value or moderate depends on how many nights, if it's just one night it's a value, 2 it's a moderate. We do it because we drive down and arrive around 1 or 2 and go directly to a park and don't get back to the room until around 8 at the earliest that first night. I just didn't make sense to pay for a deluxe for that first night. Then I started doing two nights because we can do AK our second day, you have to ride a bus there no matter where you stay so again, it saved a little money to just stick at the moderate. MK is a half day park for us and we always have hoppers or an AP so if we stay in an Epcot resort, we just hop on the monorail while in Epcot to get to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter