7 day ticket v. Annual pass

We are five adults but not guaranteeing I’m doing all the table service... I can’t see adding the $150 too for us... I originally thought the ten percent off was pretty much across the board but the more I research the less restaurants it is... payment due today so I gotta decide

Do the math out, we aren’t doing all TS. Plus TIW is 20%! I am upgrading at the park, not today. So I think you have sometime.

So, years ago, TiW was a no brainier. That 20% off was actually just a little bit more for me:
Bill with Tax = $100. My standard is 20% tip, so i would leave $120
Tiw = $100 - 20% = $80 + 18% gratuity = $94.40

Anyway, that is when it was $75, so once we hit $400 at any sit-down restaurants, we were ahead. That was easy to do over a 13+ month period, and if we went with anyone else, perhaps easy to do in just one meal. Now at $150, you need to spend at least $750, and we have been trying to avoid spending that way. Plus our Platinum Pass has been getting us 20% at some restaurants as well.

But, if you are all in, TiW can still be worthwhile. And if you go with a large group, or plan to go more often, it can also work out well. Lastly, important to remember it works throughout Disney, not just in the parks. So, if you are in the area for some other reason, or planning a non-park day, it works at Disney Springs as well.

Sorry, fam, gotta get our money's worth out of that 1 AP we bought! Have a good week at work and school! I'll buy you some T-shirts and Mickey Rice Krispie treats with my 10% discount! Don't worry, it includes memory maker so you can check out all my ride photos. See ya real soon!

(Be very, very sure you put that one AP in your name, OP.)

So, in my case the whole family has AP (we get the DVC discount).

We have the two main trips planned (Last July and this June) which make it worthwhile. We also have a MLK weekend trip planned (5 day weekend for my kids, so we gotta go).

But because we have AP, this year we had a few other last minute trips, that we would not have taken without having APs. They included:
A very last minute trip in late August when I was told to take some comp time due to a very involved project we had just finished. Planned Monday night, left Thursday morning.
A surprise November trip when some family members from NY asked if we could meet them there. Paid $102 a night for 3 nights at Doubletree, and of course our AP.
A mid-week overnight trip in December. I had vacation time to burn (see that project above), and I was able to get one way fare on Frontier Air for $20 each way.

Now, none of these would have happened if we did not have AP, but since we did, we decided to take advantage.

In the end, if you have them, you find ways to use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter