7 days free dining - Sept 12-19

dis43dqs

Earning My Ears
Thanks to the great advice from everyone here we had some really awesome meals in Disney.

1st night - Kona Cafe. We had potstickers, kona chowder, prime rib, terriakyi steak, charr crusted filet medalions. What a meal everything was wonderful. Service was awesome. We were so stuffed so we decided to share deserts. DH & I had the cake with the hot fudge inside(sorry can't remember the name). Kids had kiddie cone and DD12 had the birthday desert that they have. Plus the chef sent over an extra desert plate with one of each of the other deserts on it that we didn't already have. It was so cool to try each of of them. Needless to say we were stuffed. We loved this restaurant. :thumbsup2

2nd night - Whispering Canyon Cafe. We had mixed greens, nachos, NY strip steak, grilled chicken pasta, Happiest Cele. on Earth dessert, & kahlua chocolate cake. My family really loved watching all the antics that the waitstaff pulled. I hadn't told DH about the ketchup and the look on his face when it happened was priceless. Our waitress was in charge of the pony race thing and afterwards had all the children gather around our table and sing Happy Birthday to DD12. The food, service and atmosphere was awesome. :thumbsup2

3rd night - Teppanyaki - This was my family's favorite restaurant. Which says alot because they loved the previous 2 also. We had chicken & steak, shrimp & steak, ginger ice cream & ginger cake. DD4 loved the seaweed salad. This is the only meal that my DD4 & DD6 ate almost all their food. The food, service and atmospere was impeccable. :thumbsup2

4th morning - Princess breakfast in Norway - Food was average. Princess interaction and Service were great though.

5th night - Chef Mickeys - Food wasn't bad. I'm not really a buffet type person. DD12 picked this place for her birthday celebration. Character interaction and service were great.

6th morning - Ohana for breakfast - Food was good. Character interaction and service were awesome.

7th night - Spoodles - We had greek salad, flat bread, grilled lamb ketfa, NY strip steak, fettuccini alfredo, ice cream sundaes, chocolate apricot pistashio cake. Steak was tough and the fettuccini alfredo was horrible. Basically it was alot of noodles with a little bit of oil drizzled on. Service was horrible. We had a 5:00pm adr. We were seat within 15 minutes(no big deal). Got our appetizers then it all went down hill from there. Long wait for entrees. Then once we finished our entrees it took our waitress forever to clear our plates and take our desert order. Then we waited another 1/2 to get our deserts. It took 2 hours and 35 minutes for dinner that night which caused us to miss Fantasmic. I was so ticked off that I spoke with the manager. She didn't really care her response was "Thank you for bringing that to our attention." :sad2: It was DH's birthday and they didn't even acknowledge it. Even though it was on our ADR. Food, service and atmosphere were extemely poor. They should just close that place down. It's not even in the same class as the other restaurants we ate at on this trip. The Disney's quality of service was none existent there.

Our longest wait to be seated was 15 minutes all the rest of the resturants seated us in less than 5 minutes. We never felt rushed and all of our servers were wonderful with the Spoodles exception.

Counter service:
AK - Tuskerhouse - The chicken salad was awesome and the chocolate cake was to die for.
MK - Columbia House - Fryed fish basket was really good.
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons - Asian entree was really good.

Over all we really liked the dining plan. The only down side to it is if your getting bad service your pretty much out of luck. The server doesn't care because they are guaranteed their tip. We tipped extra at every meal except Spoodles.

Hi ...

wondering about the breakfast at Polynesian. who else was there besides Lilo & Stitch? Debating whether to do that or Chef Mickey for breakfast for upcoming Nov. trip. Thanks for any info.

thanks for the reviews! you mentioned getting the kiddie cone at Kona...was that on the DDP? B/c i have heard that kids weren't allowed that as a dessert!

princessgirls-The other characters we saw at the Ohana breakfast were Minnie, Mickey, and Goofy.

llqool- The kiddie cone is on the adult menu but DD6 mentioned that she wanted one. I told her she had to order off the kids menu but our waiter was great. He told her that if that's what she wanted she could have it. Since they are so big we told her she could share it with her sisters. All the desert choices are on the dining plan at Kona's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter