7 Dwarves Mine Train (OK for Non Roller Coaster Fans??)

i took my mom on when it first opened and she was 77 yrs old and she loved it. She won't go on now because of some health issues, but she found it tame enough... smooth and quite short since you have the slow part in the middle that breaks up the ride a little.

You won't like it. It's very much a mild coaster, as coasters go. But it's still a roller coaster. DW doesn't like coasters either. I convinced her to try it. She didn't throw up or anything, but clearly said she would not be riding it again. If you hate the drop on Pirates, I'd suggest skipping 7DMT.

Oh, by the way, go Flyers!!!!

I mean, you might like it, but you might not. I can say that my DH doesn't like roller coasters at all and the only reason he went on 7DMT is because it was new and we had FP+s. He was a one and done and now I just go by myself, lol. It isn't a big coaster at all (and it is super short), but it is still a coaster.

DD's BF is not a coaster fan. He graciously agreed to try Big Thunder, Space Mountain, 7 Dwarfs, and Everest. He definitely liked 7 Dwarfs the best!

Last edited:
You will enjoy it!! I can't take most coasters anymore (or anything jerky) because of neck issues, but I love 7DMT. It's very smooth, but I always ask for the front seat (per advice I had beforehand).

Looks like I might have to give it a go. Of course, that's if DS agrees to ride RnRc with DW...my DW, not his DW. He's only 11 people!

When is your trip? If you do give it a try, please report back. I am the same way - I will ride pirates, but I hate knowing the drop is coming. If the drop was one second longer, any steeper or faster I probably wouldn't do pirates either. I have so far chickened out on doing the 7 Dwarves Mine Train.

I'm not a fan of drops myself, and make no mistake, there are a couple of drops on 7DMT, but they are small. Like "Pirates" small, but still...didn't want you to be unprepared. That being said, I really enjoy 7DMT!
This. There are drops. They're small, but they're there, and you'll feel them in your stomach. I find it much smoother at the front. I am not a fan of roller coaster rides. This is the only one I can say that I actually enjoy. I really dislike Barnstomer, but I find SDMT very smooth in comparison. It doesn't have any of the classic rickety roller coaster feel to it. But there are drops. Smooth drops and, especially at the front, it feels like a drop more like in slow motion. So I find I feel less like my stomach was left at the top of the ride. I really do love SDMT!! It is the only roller coaster I will ever say that about, I think!

This. There are drops. They're small, but they're there, and you'll feel them in your stomach. I find it much smoother at the front. I am not a fan of roller coaster rides. This is the only one I can say that I actually enjoy. I really dislike Barnstomer, but I find SDMT very smooth in comparison. It doesn't have any of the classic rickety roller coaster feel to it. But there are drops. Smooth drops and, especially at the front, it feels like a drop more like in slow motion. So I find I feel less like my stomach was left at the top of the ride. I really do love SDMT!! It is the only roller coaster I will ever say that about, I think!

YES! Exactly. I mean, I had been told it was a "kiddie" coaster and it had zero thrills, etc., so I was kind of shocked when I rode it the first time. I know it in no way compares to the other "mountain" coasters, but it DOES have a little kick to it, and, like you I could tolerate it. By the second and third experience on it, I was learning to LOVE it! I second your recommendation on the front car, too! I try to do that on all the "coaster" rides I do now, though I have built up enough experience with the sensation that I enjoy Everest now. Baby steps, ha!!

You may not love it but if you can handle the Pirates drop you can handle this! 7DMT is definitely faster and has some small hills but I think the Pirates drop (even though seemingly smaller on paper) creates a bigger sensation in the stomach because it is more sudden whereas 7DMT is far more smooth transitions into the hills.

I'm surprised at everyone telling you you'll like it. I wouldn't say it's as "bad" as Big Thunder, but since you said you "certainly didn't like that" I can't see how you'd like this one any more. It really is a tame coaster - my mom doesn't go anywhere near Space or Everest - but she loves Mine Train. But, she also likes Big Thunder.

I love it and am not a huge roller coaster fan. I feel it's very mild. Like others have said, it is fast in spots and there are small drops and sideway curves. There's one moment at the end that feels a tiny more intense. I think it's one of the curves. It's a beautiful ride though and the animatronics are not to be missed. Plus, it's a very short ride. My daughter, who hates any kind of thrill ride, rode it once, loved it in the moment, but refuses to ride it again. She will not even ride the Frozen ride, but managed this. Try it once at least!

If you don't like roller coasters most likely you will not like this one as it is a roller coaster (a family friendly, tame, smooth one), but still a roller coaster. If despite your not liking roller coasters you want to try one, this would probably be your best bet.

A small part of the ride is a dark ride where you just cruise through inside the mountain so you will get a break from coaster action too.

I feel somewhat dizzy just looking things while moving slowly. I also get motion sickness. And added to that, I do have some chicken in me when it comes to rides. For reference, I would never get on BTMRR but have been on Splash Mountain without getting sick and love Test Track. I'm even afraid of Barnstormer for some reason (I said I was chicken). I can handle the 7DMT if I hold real tight and scream real loud :) Honestly, it is really easy and I'll do it again for sure. You should do it!

Just wondering, do the cars swing from side to side at all?
Yep! That's what's so different about this ride: each car can swing a bit. If you're not like my friends and I (who might have been known to intentionally swing them in the past), the free-swinging nature actually helps to make the ride smoother.

I have to agree with most of the people here.....it's a GREAT medium thrilling ride. I haven't done roller coasters in over 25 years but I have done this one and LOVED IT!!!! Wish more rides were like this.....

I'm not a drop fan AT all, so I have 7DMT figured out to a T. You need to request to sit up front, either 1, 2, or 3 rows back. This way, while going down the bigger hill, it will be controlled, sort of like the brakes are on until the rest of the train catches up and then it falls down the hill. So if you're in the back of the ride, you will feel the full effect of going down the hill. Yes, I've been there and done that, so I can attest to the best place to sit - Lol.

It is the rollercoaster to go on if you're not a rollercoaster fan. Be sure to sit in the back to get some thrill though. The corners give a bit of g-force but that's the only thing really

My first EVER ride at a park was Jurassic Park at Universal Studios in Anaheim back in 1998. Scared the proverbial out of me and spent the rest of the day not wanting to go on any of the bigger rides. Have never been on Splash Mountain as felt this would be similar!

Tried Space Mountain in Paris as DH said it would be "fun". He absolutely hated it and while I'd not go on it again, it was ok as it was pretty smooth.

Also did an Indiana Jones ride and was fine on that as again it was relatively smooth.

BUT I absolutely hate that drop in Pirates. I think part of it is the rushing water and blast of cold air as you go down - plus my brain knowing what's coming (so anticipation of my stomach going to lurch). I'll still go on it though as I love the rest of the ride. It's only a second or two of discomfort.

I am going to book fastpasses for 7DMT and give it a go. It's only a few minutes and if I hate it, I don't ever have to try it again.

Give it a try. You'll feel sad if others in your party have been on it and say it's brilliant.

As for Aerosmith RNR - forget it though!!! No way on this planet you'd get me on that thing lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter