7 dwarves question

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We have an 8:15 BOG reservation with the hope of getting right in line for 7 dwarves. By the time we get off the ride will the line be enormous or could we ride twice in a row? Or is it safer to head right to thunder mt? Thx!

If you get on one of the first trains, quite possibly can do a second or even third if you are quick. Of course, that's only if it was not an early magic morning, and you are really at the rope at opening outside of SDMT. However, personally I would high-tail it over to PP for a second big wait ride with minimal time in line... Have fun!

You can enter the park at 7:45am - do so, eat quickly, get in line. We have done this multiple times, often are the first in lineor the first few if we're in line by 8:20. We have never been able to ride twice, line is always long by the time we get off (the first train).

You can enter the park at 7:45am - do so, eat quickly, get in line. We have done this multiple times, often are the first in lineor the first few if we're in line by 8:20. We have never been able to ride twice, line is always long by the time we get off (the first train).
Where do we go to get in line after eating? Out of the restaurant to the entrance of the ride or somewhere else? Thanks!

Along the fence of SDMT - you will see where, there will be a CM standing at the front who will tell you when you can go on the ride, usually a minute or two before park opening.

We rode it 2x years ago after BoG, didn't try for a third cuz the crowd had gotten there....but went to ride Peter Pan like they say! :-D

Just remember that this opening procedure does change depending on morning, and depending on the CM's working at the time. Don't be disappointed if you only get one ride; sometimes they hold people right until they see the rope drop crowd coming (sometimes they won't seat you at BoG til your actual time either). But, yes, to up your chances go to BoG right away when they let you in and go ahead and try to get seated and eat. Eat fast, and head toward SDMT.

I have done 2x very quickly (maybe 6-10 min wait on 2nd ride). But this was almost 5 years ago when the BOG trick was somewhat new. Last time we boogied to PP instead of a second mine train - and had about a 12 min wait there.

I have done 2x very quickly (maybe 6-10 min wait on 2nd ride). But this was almost 5 years ago when the BOG trick was somewhat new. Last time we boogied to PP instead of a second mine train - and had about a 12 min wait there.
Same for me in Nov. We got in line for SDMT around 8:45/8:50 and they held us outside of the ride gate until close to 9. We were maybe the 3rd group and were off the ride at 9:01 and went straight to PP. We had about a 15 min wait at PP.

Not to hijack the OP for my own needs but I didn’t want to start a whole new thread for a simple question. We almost always rope drop Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the Tomorrowland side of the hub and we never actually get to see the “Let the Magic Begin!” opening moment on the castle stage due to the newer side turrets that block the view of the stage for most of the crowd.

We would actually like to watch this show for once in front of the castle without only hearing the audio and then mad dashing to Mine Train... we still would like to do the attraction but if we chose to hang back for the opening moment... is there even a reason to bother heading right for Mine Train after the show concludes? Would the wait be all that much longer from just a few moments after the rope drops? Or would it be better to ignore Mine Train and hit up Peter Pan’s Flight or something instead??

Of course, we would prefer to do Mine Train first over Peter Pan... but if it makes more timing sense to head somewhere else first, then I guess it shall have to be so!

Alternatively, we do have a 4th member of our group that has seen the opening moment before and wouldn’t mind waiting for the rope to drop... and so long as we make haste to catch up with her before she enters the formal queue (while the crowd is funneling into the proper queue along the fence area and thinning down the mob into a more properly formed line), would that work? Obviously we’re not looking to cut anybody but I would assume catching up with her before she enters the actual entrance would be alright if anything like that could be tried.

Any thoughts or advice on this?

Not to hijack the OP for my own needs but I didn’t want to start a whole new thread for a simple question. We almost always rope drop Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the Tomorrowland side of the hub and we never actually get to see the “Let the Magic Begin!” opening moment on the castle stage due to the newer side turrets that block the view of the stage for most of the crowd.

We would actually like to watch this show for once in front of the castle without only hearing the audio and then mad dashing to Mine Train... we still would like to do the attraction but if we chose to hang back for the opening moment... is there even a reason to bother heading right for Mine Train after the show concludes? Would the wait be all that much longer from just a few moments after the rope drops? Or would it be better to ignore Mine Train and hit up Peter Pan’s Flight or something instead??

Of course, we would prefer to do Mine Train first over Peter Pan... but if it makes more timing sense to head somewhere else first, then I guess it shall have to be so!

Alternatively, we do have a 4th member of our group that has seen the opening moment before and wouldn’t mind waiting for the rope to drop... and so long as we make haste to catch up with her before she enters the formal queue (while the crowd is funneling into the proper queue along the fence area and thinning down the mob into a more properly formed line), would that work? Obviously we’re not looking to cut anybody but I would assume catching up with her before she enters the actual entrance would be alright if anything like that could be tried.

Any thoughts or advice on this?

It’ll be a Wednesday where the park opens for Extra Magic Hours at 8 AM, if that makes any difference...

It’ll be a Wednesday where the park opens for Extra Magic Hours at 8 AM, if that makes any difference...
On EMH days the show happens when the park opens to all guests. If you have EMH access, simply ride at 8 and be back for the show. If you do not have EMH access, the line for 7DMT will be quite long after Let the Magic Begin.

On EMH days the show happens when the park opens to all guests. If you have EMH access, simply ride at 8 and be back for the show. If you do not have EMH access, the line for 7DMT will be quite long after Let the Magic Begin.

Oh! For some reason I thought the show was at 7:55 AM... but that may have just been on a day when the park opened for 8 AM to all guests, not EMH. Thanks for the advice!

We rode twice in Nov last year. What I think would be the determining factor is whether or not the CM lets you actually go through the queue and ride BEFORE park open.

If that's the case, you can totally go twice. Our CM let us go through at about 7:50. If they make you wait until 8 on the dot to ride the first time, you'll likely be in a line for that second ride. And then I would just go right on over to Big Thunder to start the west side of the park circuit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter