7 heading to the world in October

DISNEY4XMAS

DIS Veteran
Hello my name is Stephanie and my family and I are heading to Disney in October. October 19-25. We are staying at Port Orleans river side. This is my 4th trip to Disney. My DH ,DD(20), &DS(14) 3rd trip my youngest DS(12) his 2nd. Also coming along is my brother and nephew(8) for their first trip.
This is the first time staying at POR for us. I'm excited to stay there. We have stayed in the carbins the last two times.
I am such a planner I had spread sheets and a 3" binder full of stuff. I am trying to get planning for this trip but it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully this will get me motivated! !!
Our last trip was over Christmas in 2007. So join in!! Tell me whats changed in 7 years lol!!

Congrats on your October magical vacation!!
We are planning our 5th family trip this fall but first trip with the KTTW cards gone and the bracelets in effect. The fast pass is gone and now it's FP+ which allows 3/day but it is best if you can get the reservations made online in advance.
POR is our favorite stay. The fridges were an issue last summer but I believe they have been fixed.
I heard in the CBR thread that boat rentals are no more at POR which is sad.
Get ready to book your dining reservations for meals at your 180 day mark to get a good restaurant and if it is important do character meals to avoid long lines. Disney website has great info in that.
Have fun planning :-).

I have never been in October so I'm excited to see the Halloween decorations. I have been in March, May & December

I am hoping to get all my ADR, last time I called exactly the time I was supposed to and still couldn't make some reservations because they were booked. Even with my boys being older I figured they wouldn't want character meal but the topic of dinner conversation the other night was about dinner at Disney and all were in favor of character meals.

I have never been in October so I'm excited to see the Halloween decorations. I have been in March, May & December

I am hoping to get all my ADR, last time I called exactly the time I was supposed to and still couldn't make some reservations because they were booked. Even with my boys being older I figured they wouldn't want character meal but the topic of dinner conversation the other night was about dinner at Disney and all were in favor of character meals.

Sometimes they look unavailable, but they really aren't loaded in yet. I ran into that with Fantasmic Dining this time.

Also, if you move the hard to schedule restaurants towards the end of your trip you can use the +10 days perk of staying on site to your advantage.

So I have penciled in my itinerary! !!
Sun arrival day
Eat lunch at the food court
After lunch head to the magic kingdom. My DS is a diabetic and last tine we had low blood sugars as we entered the mk we ran looking for food and missed that magical moment of seeing the castle, so this time we will eat first!!
Dinner was unanimously voted for chef mickeys. Then probably bck to the resort as we will be tired from travel.

Monday MAGIC KINGDOM DAY.
Breakfast 1900 park fare. This is a first for breakfast there we have done dinner before.
Lunch looking at places still.
Dinner probably do the late showing if possible of hoop dee doo review.

Tuesday day 3 animal kingdom
Nothing for meal plans as of yet

Wednesday day 4 Epcot world showcases
Boardwalk bakery for breakfast
Lunch some want fish n chip some want sushi so that will be a quick service where ever you want.
Dinner still open food n wine fest
Illuminations

Thursday day 5 Epcot future world
Breakfast still open
Lunch coral reef
Downtown disney for dinner.

Friday day 6 Hollywood studios
Breakfast open
Lunch Pizza planet
Dinner
50's primetime

Saturday day 7 departure day
Breakfast Crystal palace

Any restaurants that anyone has been to that they think I shouldn't miss?? I would like to do the fantasmic dinner show and aloha dinner show also. Kona is a possibility too.

You may want to consider switching 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace. CP is in MK, so may work better with your MK day and then you won't need a park pass to get into MK on your last day (to dine at CP). The Fantasmic package is one DP credit for two of the offered restaurants and two credits for Hollywood Brown Derby. 50s Prime Time is not one of the restaurants included in the package, but you don't need to do the package to be able to see Fantasmic.

It sounds like you'll have a great trip!

So only 38 days till I can make my ADR'S. I found my last pre-trippie (the trip that we didn't go on). I was looking at the restaurants that I wanted to visit and they are basically the same one's that I picked this time. I still have 2 more table servies and 2 QS. I find it funny that I'm having a hard time planning 7 meals and our last trip had 10 days and I had it done so easily.

Years ago I had also said I wanted to use tourguide mike to plan our next trip, but apparently they are out of business. I did find another one and its FREE!!!!! So hopefully they put up their stats for October soon so I can make changes if need be. Has anyone been in later October? How's the crowds & weather? Our December trip I packed some warm stuff(hats, gloves & jackets) and some warm weather stuff (t-shirts & shorts).

Not that I'm trying to rush summer or anything but 200 days till Disney! ! I called my travel agent last night and upgraded to a preferred room. I'd rather pay extra $$ than have a long walk with kids & men. My husband is excited because some of the food court is open till midnight. He is a foodie!!!
This weekend I see my brother so final decision will be made on dining. 22 more days till I can make ressies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter