7 in 7?

MissGina5

DIS Veteran
Hello all!
I wasn't sure where to ask this but any chance of a 7 resorts in 7 days episode anytime soon? I was just thinking now would be a great time to do it and I know those episodes are some of my favorites!
Thanks!

Great idea! However I just wonder if too many resorts are still closed or perhaps throw caution to the wind and do a mix of Hotels and DVC’s.

Gday
Pulsar

Last edited:
I think even the resorts that are open are not the 'normal' experience.
Yes but it probably won't be a normal experience for awhile so it would be interesting if you are trying to plan during these strange times to see how the hotels are operating. A focus on how clean they are keeping things and what safety measures are in place and social distancing/mask stuff. I think that would be very interesting.

Yes but it probably won't be a normal experience for awhile so it would be interesting if you are trying to plan during these strange times to see how the hotels are operating. A focus on how clean they are keeping things and what safety measures are in place and social distancing/mask stuff. I think that would be very interesting.
Fair point.

It could end up, though, that by the time they are done editing the clips, the protocols changed. I think anything specific they would record might have a limited shelf life. They are probably better off keeping things as high level as possible at this point.

What would we like to see for a Covid Edition 7 in 7 series?

IIRC last year they reviewed Saratoga Springs, but not at a refurbished room. Would be nice to have an update with the room Refurb.

Wish the All Stars Were open because it would be interesting to see the take on the refurbs going on there.

Contemporary Resort might make an interesting "Before and During Covid" comparison.

Getting Around at the Poly DVC with no Monorail stop....

Other Thoughts?

Fair point.

It could end up, though, that by the time they are done editing the clips, the protocols changed. I think anything specific they would record might have a limited shelf life. They are probably better off keeping things as high level as possible at this point.

Most reviews for Hotels and Restaurants have a limited life span. Personnel tends to change over time, and what was true a few years ago might not be accurate now. These reviews might have a shorter shelf life, but be nice for people making a decision to go between now and next summer.

I am a fan of the “7 resorts in 7 days” concept. It would certainly be relevant, even in these extraordinary times. However, the production process of that kind of series seems to be heavy (time consuming and financially expensive). I am not sure The DIS is currently in shape to perform a such enterprise.

To be honest, I am extremely surprise that we continue to get so much content given the state of the travel industry since March, a situation which is not going to be fixed any time soon. I would have expected significant cuts among the bloggers who appear in the various shows of The DIS, and we should cross our fingers that it won't happen...

Fair point.

Now that I can understand

What would we like to see for a Covid Edition 7 in 7 series?

IIRC last year they reviewed Saratoga Springs, but not at a refurbished room. Would be nice to have an update with the room Refurb.

Wish the All Stars Were open because it would be interesting to see the take on the refurbs going on there.

Contemporary Resort might make an interesting "Before and During Covid" comparison.

Getting Around at the Poly DVC with no Monorail stop....

Other Thoughts?
I would just love to see how protocols are being handled at different resorts! I don't mind which but whatever variety they can get in these times to compare different price points and they lack of monorail but still having Skyliner and taking buses and boats and just lobby procedures and how they are distancing things! It would be so interesting to see the differences. And even if its just Pete going I know he's going a few places at the end of October I heard, that would work for me! Fingers crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter