7 Month Booking Issue?

JETSDAD

DIS Veteran
When I'm trying to make a 7 month reservation starting 7 months out from today (August 7) the system won't let me book. I keep getting the message that I am outside of the 7 month window. Is anyone else finding this today? Just wanting to see if anyone else could see if it is happening to them as well before I call in.

When I'm trying to make a 7 month reservation starting 7 months out from today (August 7) the system won't let me book. I keep getting the message that I am outside of the 7 month window. Is anyone else finding this today? Just wanting to see if anyone else could see if it is happening to them as well before I call in.
Are booking more than 7 nights? If so you are only limited to 7 nights at both the 7 and 11 month windows. That would be the message you would receive. Or the only other possibility is someone beat you to the 7 month date and when you click reserve the room is no longer available so the system moves your check in to the next available (all behind the scenes) thus the error message.

Other than that I’m not sure what it could be.

Are booking more than 7 nights? If so you are only limited to 7 nights at both the 7 and 11 month windows. That would be the message you would receive. Or the only other possibility is someone beat you to the 7 month date and when you click reserve the room is no longer available so the system moves your check in to the next available (all behind the scenes) thus the error message.

Other than that I’m not sure what it could be.
Nope, just 3 nights and the first night is available. Hoping to avoid calling but guessing I'll have to.

Nope, just 3 nights and the first night is available. Hoping to avoid calling but guessing I'll have to.
Yeah I did a test booking and I had no issues on my end. Those were the only things I could think of that throw that message.

I'm getting the same message while attempting to modify August 6-9 to 7-10. I am going to give it some more time. If you call let us know if member services is aware of this particular issue. Thanks.

Are you trying to modify? I got weird messages once. Said I didn’t have the points. I did, I closed out and went back in and it worked.

Try booking just one night. See if that helps

ETA: I would let me book BWV right now..,maybe it is the resort and there really is nothing there?

So I called and it's a known issue. He said there was an email sent out letting them know that anyone trying to make a 7 month reservation starting on August 7 (whether a new reservation or modification) was incorrectly getting the notice that they are outside of their 7 month window. He was able to modify my reservation for me no problem.

So I called and it's a known issue. He said there was an email sent out letting them know that anyone trying to make a 7 month reservation starting on August 7 (whether a new reservation or modification) was incorrectly getting the notice that they are outside of their 7 month window. He was able to modify my reservation for me no problem.

Thanks for the follow up! I'll just call and have them modify.

@JETSDAD
Thanks for letting us know! I'm trying to modify an 8/7 OKW reservation to Kidani and I haven't been successful online.

Well, there is a notification on the member site now about an issue....even though the notification isn't exactly correct (it's not home resort that can't be booked, it's non-home resort).

Notice: Some Members May Have Issues Booking Their Home Resort Online

At this time, some Members may experience difficulties when trying to book their Home Resort online 7 months in advance of their stay. We’re working to resolve this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Notice: Members May Have Issues Booking Select Resorts Online
At this time, some Members may experience difficulties when trying to book a Disney Vacation Club Resort (except for their Home Resort) online 7 months in advance of their stay. We’re working to resolve this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
To book your vacation, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.†

Notice: Members May Have Issues Booking Select Resorts Online
At this time, some Members may experience difficulties when trying to book a Disney Vacation Club Resort (except for their Home Resort) online 7 months in advance of their stay. We’re working to resolve this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
To book your vacation, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.†
I had notice they removed the notice but hadn't checked back. I'm guessing the phone lines have gotten quite a bit busier the past couple of days.

I was able to modify my 8/7 reservation today (from OKW studio to AKV Kidani savannah studio), a day later than it should be. Luckily not an issue for us as the summer seems to have plenty of availability right now and we weren't trying to book a hard to get room. Happy to get what I wanted though, we're getting off a DCL cruise that day and our AP's expire while we're on the cruise, so we wanted a resort with tons of stuff to do just for 1 day.

I had the same problem adding days to a reservations at the 11 month window. I had a Dec 01-11 reservation. Yesterday it would only let me modify it to Dec 01-12, even though all the other days were showing available and were in my window. Today it let me modify it from Dec 01-12 to Dec 01-16 which is the full 11 month + 7 days. So hopefully things are back to normal now.

I had the same problem adding days to a reservations at the 11 month window. I had a Dec 01-11 reservation. Yesterday it would only let me modify it to Dec 01-12, even though all the other days were showing available and were in my window. Today it let me modify it from Dec 01-12 to Dec 01-16 which is the full 11 month + 7 days. So hopefully things are back to normal now.
I was able to modify a 7 month reservation this morning so it seems to be working now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter