70 to Freezing in 7 hours. A Nov/Dec 2011 trip report. Updated 4/28

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
Welcome to my second attempt at a trip report. My first trip report can be found here and if you want to read the pre trip report to this trip you can find it here

This was my fifth trip to Disney World.

The trip came about after a very bad start to the year left me a little anxious and sick so I needed something positive to look forward to and decided since in 2010 I'd seen Hallowe'en in Disney this year I wanted to see the Christmas decorations.

So that was why. Next was when.
I started looking at dates in April and wanted to be there when all the Christmas things would be going on in Seaworld and Universal as well as Disney World. I'm from Ireland so because the flight is so long I wanted to see everything when I could. So decided on 24th of November until the 8th of December.

The where for convience to the other non disney parks I decided to stay in the International Palms Resort on International drive but I also wanted to experience a Disney World hotel as I've never stayed in a Disney World hotel so decided to stay in Pop Century for two days before I went home.

So next up Who went...
Well first off moi. I'm 26 from Ireland and LOVE DISNEY. I have many favourite characters which include Stitch, Tigger, Eeyore, Dopey, Grumpy, Mickey, Minnie. Long list. I prefere the cuddly characters to the face characters pretty much. My fave park is Magic Kingdom and outside Disney is Seaworld. My favourite ride is small world (I am a very big kid!)

When I talked of booking the trip it was going to be me solo because momma didn't see the point in going back to same place for a fifth time. She eventually agreed to go because she didn't want me to go to Disney solo but several times threatened to pull out but she did come along. I won't reveal her age but her favourite characters are Dopey and Grumpy and her fave park is probably Magic Kingdom as well. Her favourite ride is Peter Pan.

Then I had my ever favourite trip mascot Angel along with me for the ride as well:
IMG_0524.jpg

Momma and I are camera shy so Angel will be the only one appearing in pics here. There are pics of us on my facebook though.
And Finally for now some titles I was thinking of for this trip were:
All aboard the big white bus for Nov/Dec trip report
Should I take candy from a 5ft chipmunk?
I hope you win the lotto soon
My pants is falling off when do we get to eat?
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas? Yeah keep dreaming!
I think we cursed Epcot!
70 to Freezing in 7 hours
Please don't make me go home
A very Disney christmas
or just stick with the whole A Disney Therapy trip?!
Apart from the last two these were all things that were said at some point during the trip so will explain them as I go!

Index has moved because it was getting to long. It can now be found here and here

Index for the other park can be found here

I would love to see the Christmas decorations. We are going in Jan 2012 but my next trip will be at Christmas...maybe 2012 but probably 2013. Tell us all the details!!!!!!:cool1:

I'm here!! and FIRST!!:woohoo:

Can't wait to hear all about it!

I would love to see the Christmas decorations. We are going in Jan 2012 but my next trip will be at Christmas...maybe 2012 but probably 2013. Tell us all the details!!!!!!:cool1:

Joining in!!!!

Welcome all. I have many many pictures of Christmas decorations and the rest.
I took 3289 pictures in total between three cameras, photopass and phone so lots to share. Will have first update up by the weekend.
Tomorrow is last day of college for the year :)

Index

Day 1, part 1: And we're off
Day 1, part 2: And we're there!

Day 2, part 1: Let the memories begin
Day 2, part 2: Quit while you're ahead
Day 2, part 3: Safari Time!
Day 2, part 4: Beware of unsocial Tigers?!
Day 2, part 5: Jingly fun in the Jungle
Day 2, part 6: Land of the 555 Christmas Trees
Day 2, part 7: Visiting old friends and the white bus!
Animal Kingdom photopass and Video bits

Day 3, part 1: My Magical Happy place, I am back!!!
Day 3, part 2: Shake your tail feather!
Day 3, part 3: Lunchtime with some friends
Day 3, part 4: Time to dream along with the mouse!
Day 3, part 5: Yes I should be a Princess!
Day 3, part 6: He's coming for me!
Day 3, part 7: Onwards for Adventure!
Day 3, part 8: I made you smile
Day 3, part 9: I thought that was only for MVMCP
Day 3, part 10: Will we stay or will we go?
Day 3, part 11: It's all about where you sit.
Magic Kingdom photopass and video pics

Day 4, part 1: Dollars burning a hole in your pocket?! No problemo!
Day 4, part 2: Irish Liverpool man and Disney at Walgreens

Day 5, part 1: Where are all the people?
Day 5, part 2: Queues, What Queues?
Day 5, part 3: We did all that in how many hours?
Day 5, part 4: A visit to new Furry friend!
Day 5, part 5: A very hot meal!
Day 5, part 6: Pick a pearl and other stuff
Day 5, part 7: A very wet Processional
Day 5, part 8: Illuminations or not?

Day 6, part 1: I think I died and went to cupcake heaven!
Day 6, part 2: Alot more firsts
Day 6, part 3: Continuing with our firsts
Day 6, part 4: More new friends and old favourites
Day 6, part 5: Parade Time
Day 6, part 6: Best mouse in the world and more!
Day 6, part 7: Lights, Food, Fantasmic
Day 6, part 8: It's Snowing Momma!
DHS video pics and lights

Day 7: Another "Lazy" Day

Day 8, part 1: Angel's day out
Day 8, part 2: From France to Japan
Day 8, part 3: From a Monkey to a Witch
Day 8, part 4: I think you insulted the Taarji!
Day 8, part 5: The highlight of Angel's day!
Day 8, part 6: Will the video camera work on the second go?
Epcot and Magic Kingdom extras

Just to be nice and confusing the rest of the Index can be found here: Index part 2

I am FINALLY here EMMA!!! Great start!

BUT, WHY not at least ONE picture of you?!? PRETTY PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for sending me the link! I'm here too!
Welcome :goodvibes

I am FINALLY here EMMA!!! Great start!

BUT, WHY not at least ONE picture of you?!? PRETTY PLEASE!!!!
Welcome :goodvibes

There might be one or two later on in the report just not right now :) (Spoiler we had a dis meet during the trip.)

I will try post the first day soon. This week has been crazy busy trying to settle into everything again and not wanting to. Had college during the week but that wrapped up for xmas on Thursday and then on radio show we've been trying to record enough material for shows so we don't have to go into station for a while. I think we have best part of three shows done but we're doing a few more bits next week to have them done and hopefully will get more shows out of that. Went back to work today then as well and shop was really busy until about 6 when it went total opposite. We had small bursts of people but it was otherwise dead. I've been going through the pics and trying to put them on facebook while I save them all on disks and I've ordered my photopass as well. Oh and also remember in my trip report I was saying I had a cold before Florida. It went away in Florida but it's been sooooooo cold here the last few days the cold is back. Maybe I'm just allergic to Ireland and should move to Florida permantly?! :) I think monday I may sleep after that week lol but I will try get day one up asap!

So the day before we left was really busy. Had to finish last minute packing but then also wanted to spend time with the doggies who would be staying at kennels. I brought them for walkies before the kennels man arrived. One of my doggies Stitch was from the pound and he is happy enough to go with kennels man in fact he smiles (yes the dog smiles) when he sees the kennels man because he knows he's going to be walked everyday and I don't always get to walk them between work and college. After their walkies I clean yard after them and what not to spend time with them. Little dog (i got him as a pup he's now 2 but still my puppy) did not want to go with kennels man at all! When kennels man arrived Stitch got in the car but Gizmo ran for it and I had to chase him down the road to catch him. Poor puppy.
As well as minding the doggies I had college work to do and radio work to do as well plus I wanted to try put up Xmas tree before I went. I had put it together a few days before (artificial tree) but wanted to get decorations on it and ended up only putting lights and tinsel on! Busy busy day and it resulted in me only getting 3 hours and 39 minutes sleep (the phone alarm said so!)

I was up at 5.30am because we had to get bus to the airport at 7am! Angel and I took a pic of our completed countdown calendar! (notice angel in his xmas gear... I was a little excited about this xmassy looking castle i was headed for)
24112011222.jpg

I still had lingering sniffles from a cold and still had chesty cough so tried to snooze a bit on the bus and we were just about to pull into the airport when I started feeling really sick.
Ireland's main airport has had a revamp recently resulting in a new terminal for the airport and it was my first time using the new terminal which I was also excited about. It was very mod looking:
24112011227.jpg

but I was disappointed by the lack of Xmas decorations. The other terminal normally had snowmen, reindeer, penguins and such decorating the place. Anyhow we checked in no problemo:
24112011225.jpg

See the name of our airline.. remember it for later in the trip as it will come up again!
After we checked in we went for food to see if it would make me feel any better it didn't. I was in the toilet three times after it with dodgy tummy :( Of course as well the tablets to settle the dodgy tummy were in the case which had already been checked in so once we got through security Momma headed off to the chemist to get me something to make me feel better.
I was very happy once we got through security to find some Xmas decorations finally:
24112011228.jpg

Not much but still shiny. I also took my first food pic of cute cupcakes i saw and got a pretty strange look off guy that worked in cafe for taking it but anyways:
24112011229.jpg

We wandered into duty free then Momma to shop and me to get water and had a bit of a fright the screens with gate numbers said wait in longue for our flight but while we were wandering around duty free it said final boarding call for our flight. I think it was a mistake because I checked the screens again and it just said go to US customs area.
We got through here no problemo again. It was kind of cool because they showed us our bags on a screen which they didn't do last year and checked they were our bags. I also didn't freak the security guy out this year with my indecisivness over what my job was :rotfl: When we got to gate Angel and I did our usual plane spotting:
24112011234.jpg

This would be the fabulous plane that would take me to my happy place
24112011231.jpg

I needed another toilet stop at this point so left Angel on a chair with my Momma when I got back there was a small boy of about 7 or 8 sitting in my seat. Momma said he basically just sat on top of Angel regardless of the fact the seat was obviously taken sooo when he stood up to say something to one of his family a few seats down I sat back in my seat. Then small seat stealing brat said to his mother that lady just took my seat. His mother told him it didn't matter! Go away people I'M GOING TO FLORIDA MUCH?!
The flight boarded on time and we were sitting with a great view of the wing:
DSCF9023.jpg

Soon enough we were headed for the run way
DSCF9028.jpg

and I'm inwardly shouting hurry up and take off.

I should prob split this here because it's a little long but continued in next post :)

So as I was saying we were on board about to take off and they started playing the flight safety video. There was this kinda cute little cartoon guy but I was a little concerned for him esp at the oxygen mask part and the blow into the whistle part because he had no mouth:
DSCF9026.jpg

I think I have a better pic from the way back of the mouth-less dude. When dude was done with the safety instructions it was time to say bye bye to Ireland for two weeks:
24112011236.jpg

DSCF9029.jpg

Each seat had their own little entertainment screen with movies, radio, games and tv shows or you could track flight progress and info on it. London to Miami yeah!.. oh wait should that not be Dublin to Orlando?!:confused3
DSCF9036.jpg

The flight attendants served drinks and snacks fairly quick into the flight but the snacks were these manky little yokes:
DSCF9037.jpg

Momma had two packets because I didn't like them. I instead explored the inflight entertainment and was happy to find a Disney movie:
DSCF9038.jpg

They were getting food ready and I started feeling sick again with the smell of it but decided to try something anyway. As always the choice was beef or chicken! I got the beef pasta and practiced my food pics:
DSCF9046.jpg

Felt a small bit better after and had a little snooze but the snoozing didn't last long because I woke feeling like I was choking. Apparently cold and airplane air don't mix well and my throat was all caught up! So instead I entertained myself by watching Yogi Bear, did some puzzles, coloured (big baby I know,) started reading Disney after Dark. Somewhere in the middle of that we finally arrived over America and I felt the need to take a pic :)
DSCF9047.jpg

Also in the trip report diary I got a little reflective of the past year. I'll spare the details but with stress and anxiety I really needed to get to my happy place and couldn't believe I was finally on the way there. I started watching hoodwinked but before the end the first sighting of Orlando came into view and it was time to land:
DSCF9053.jpg

The flight was nine hours in total but it passed pretty quickly and it was largely uneventful although there was tears as when we were landing already being sick and fluy I got big pains in my ears which made me cry! Angel as well got lots of compliments on the flight. The people behind us thought his shoes were really cute (he had twinkle toes for bears on) and Air hostess said he was really cute as well on way out of plane. The flight landed half an hour ahead of time and the first thing I noticed about Orlando airport was THEY HAVE DECORATIONS FOR XMAS:
DSCF9054.jpg

Also had my first sighting of the main mouse:
DSCF9056.jpg

I think we landed at 4.20 the luggage took ages to come out. The lady at the taxi desk (no magical express for us as we were going to international drive.) was confused by our transfer passes (again take note) we eventually managed to get a taxi and left the airport at 6:10 but then the driver circled around and went back to pick up someone else he had forgotten so we finally left the airport at 6.20! Two hours after we had landed.
We were staying in same hotel as last year. The International Palms resort on international drive. They have a resort area and a "Towers" building. Momma does not like the towers as it looks tall and reminds her of a prison. Last year we were put in the towers and she asked for a different room in resort area. This year we were put yup you guess it in the Towers again. Momma wasn't happy. I on the other hand actually prefere the towers as they are more recently built and the rooms are bigger and look cleaner than the resort area although it did seem like whole resort had had a revamp since last year. Anyways I convinced her to stay in the Towers but she was never happy about it. Our room:
DSCF9060.jpg

DSCF9061.jpg

We booked the bus for our first park day. I got a quick snack of these:
25112011237.jpg

and then had an early night.

Next up first disney day!

I'm here!

Great start... sorry you were still not feeling very well for the flight. That had to have been a miserable 9 hours to be stuck on a plane while you're feeling under the weather. At least you ened up in Orlando at the end of the 9 hours though.:thumbsup2

Great move stealing your seat back when the kid got up.:thumbsup2 :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

:wave2: Mind if I follow along?

I do hope you get to feeling better pretty quick. I’ve been ill while traveling in the Orlando area before, and despite all the entertainment to be had, it just ain’t as much fun. :sick:

I'm here!

Great start... sorry you were still not feeling very well for the flight. That had to have been a miserable 9 hours to be stuck on a plane while you're feeling under the weather. At least you ened up in Orlando at the end of the 9 hours though.:thumbsup2

Great move stealing your seat back when the kid got up.:thumbsup2 :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

:goodvibes Welcome. The flight wasn't bad i kind of perked up alittle after I ate but I couldn't sleep at all. I didn't mind to much though because I was headed for Mickey's house! :)

Yeah I actually forgot to say on the report there but when I was getting my bags in Orlando same kid that stole my seat and his family kind of gathered around me as I was trying to get me suitcases I think there was about 15 of them in total :scared1:

:wave2: Mind if I follow along?

I do hope you get to feeling better pretty quick. I’ve been ill while traveling in the Orlando area before, and despite all the entertainment to be had, it just ain’t as much fun. :sick:

Welcome :)
I don't think I'd mind being sick in Disney to much though. Once I can be in Mickey's house i'm happy :)

How miserable you must have been on that flight....:sick: but knowing how much this trip has meant to you...your first sighting of Mickey made all better.

We are actually flying out of a new terminal too...really looking forward to seeing the renovation completed because it has made flying out a headache the last couple of years....funny thing is it only has 5 gates...:rotfl2:

I so loved the picture of Ireland from the plane...it is on my bucket list to hike those green hills someday!

Great about a Disney movie in flight...I checked our flight movies today and Harry Potter 7.2 is playing...I know what we are watching!

Love the lucky charms...perfect and fitting for you!

Sorry about the little toot who took your seat....:scared1:they surrounded you at baggage...I am getting pretty bold lately and am saying things to rude people...tired of being the nice guy!

I think I would have been stir crazy on a 9 hour flight!:scared1: Especially if I wasn't feeling well. Then to throw 2 hours on top of that still at the airport! I would have crashed in the hotel lobby:lmao:

Angel is very cute and her shoes are sweet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter