70 to Freezing in 7 hours. A Nov/Dec 2011 trip report. Updated 4/28

That kids play area cracks me up. Why even bother? LOL

I know it was ridiculously small like. But then the bar was right beside it so handy I guess for parents that want a few drinks and the kids can amuse themselves there for about 5 seconds :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Day 5, part 5:

So when I left you before we were waiting in the hotel reception area for Shakira to arrive (for those arriving late to the trip report, his name probably wasnt Shakira but on the way from the airport to the hotel the taxi driver played the same three Shakira songs on repeat for an hour.) I took a wander around the reception to take pictures and down to the hotel gift shop:
I want lights like these in my room:

I may have picked up one more friend in the gift shop that I had been undecided about while I was in the Disney Village earlier in the day. We had also got some of those little meringues before we left the Disney Village this was mine:

Shakira arrived around this time as well so we headed to the airport. The drive to the airport seemed a lot longer going back to the airport than it was when we were going to the hotel. Once we checked in we had an expensive drink, Momma had tea and I had sprite that cost 3.99. I took out my meringue to eat and it was all flattened but still yummy. We took a wander around the shops at the airport while we were waiting as well:
I found Disney:

Cool French stuff:

We went through the security and Angel was sitting on my hand luggage as we went through the passport control like so:

The girls checking the passports were commenting on how cute he was. Then I took him off to go through security and the lady police officer took him as if she was going to take him off me. She was only messing though she just thought he was so cute she wanted to take him home with her. Momma told her how Angel had been all over the world :rotfl: I sat down beside what we thought was the gate while Momma went to see if someone would let her into the duty free area which had just closed. I was sitting beside this screen:

I noticed people kept walking down the entrance way and I was wondering what was going on so when Momma came back we went for a walk and discovered we weren't at the gate at all. We did eventually find it and third time lucky the flight was actually leaving on time. This was our third trip to Paris, we had been in 2002 and 2003 with the dancers and both times we went something happened and our flights got delayed until the following day. It was quite funny really because there was two planes that the dancers went on both years and both years Momma and I were in the group that got stuck in Paris. Anyways we boarded the flight:

The flight attendants were hilarious. They were all joking about something among themselves as people were boarding the flight and one of the guys kept saying things like there are only 70 people on this plane so choose your seat and then you can play hide and seek if you like as there will be that many seats free. Then when they turned the lights off for take off he said there was a light in the panel above your head for reading but just in case you're still scared of the dark hold the hands of your fellow passengers. Momma said she had heard the woman across from her giving out to them for not smiling so she thought that's why they were being so smart. I thought they were funny. Momma went to sleep for the flight home and I watched Madagascar. We got back to Ireland at 10.30pm. I took some pictures of Ireland all lit up:

Momma went to visit her friend in Dublin before we headed home. We got home at about 1am to a very cold house. We weren't to sad about this Disney holiday coming to an end as we were both so sick of all the rude people we had encountered. We loved the Disney parks and enjoyed our time there but the rude people were just annoying. The next day my doggies came home and I took some pictures of the souvenirs I got.
These were the pins I had traded for the last day we were there:

Our park tickets:

I bought a cd of the music from the parks and when you opened it, it was a bit scary because the cd was kind of hidden and you got this pop up:

I did find the cd under the pop eventually. Angel with all his new French friends:

Momma bought this for her friend as a present. I asked her if I could take a picture of it before she gave it to him because I thought it was cool and remarked how it mentioned the location of all the Disney parks. This is now on our fridge and her friend never got it :rotfl::

And so we have reached the end of the "Turn on the heat before I turn into a Yeti!" trip

I'm sorry to see this come to an end. Despite the rudeness you encountered, I thoroughly enjoyed your TR. What cute pins you traded for, and love your new "French" friends.

I love the lights shining in Irlenad as you arrived home.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend some time at Disneyland Paris... even despite the rudeness that you had to endure. I think even worse than the rudeness though, might have been having to endure 3 Shakira songs on repeat the whole way to the airport. :faint:

Sounds like a fun flight crew.
They were very funny.

I love that momma kept the magnet
I thought that was funny. I don't think she realised that the arrows meant sometime until I told her, I think she just thought they were random places like.

Just caught up....great TR. :)
Thanks

I'm sorry to see this come to an end. Despite the rudeness you encountered, I thoroughly enjoyed your TR.
The rudeness was annoying but we enjoyed Paris and Disney anyway

What cute pins you traded for, and love your new "French" friends.
I got loads of cool pins in DLP. That is only a very small selection lol. I do love my disney collection though even if my room is to small for all the disney stuff I have :rotfl:

I love the lights shining in Irlenad as you arrived home.
Ireland is very pretty. If it was a bit warmer and closer to Disney I'd be happier :littleangel:

Thanks for sharing this with us.
No problem. Keep an eye out because I do have some videos of parades and what not to share as soon as I get to upload them. I'm currently putting the 2011 trip on dvd :rotfl:

I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend some time at Disneyland Paris... even despite the rudeness that you had to endure. I think even worse than the rudeness though, might have been having to endure 3 Shakira songs on repeat the whole way to the airport. :faint:
:rotfl2: Yeah the Shakira songs were annoying. I had the ipod ready for the journey back to block out Shakira but he played some French radio station instead.

Bad news and good news

Bad news: Looks like no Disney trips for the forseeable future for me unless I go solo :(

Good news: Remember the show I did in April with the musical society, Beauty and the Beast. The society has been nominated for two awards at the musical awards next month. They were nominated for Best Visual and the Beast was nominated for Best male singer :)

Bad news and good news

Bad news: Looks like no Disney trips for the forseeable future for me unless I go solo :(

Good news: Remember the show I did in April with the musical society, Beauty and the Beast. The society has been nominated for two awards at the musical awards next month. They were nominated for Best Visual and the Beast was nominated for Best male singer :)

Solo is fun. I think you would do just fine.

Thats awesome news!

Bad news and good news

Yeah... I don't see any bad news here. I had chances to go solo before I was married, and didn't because I really didn't want to go on vacation by myself. Now I regret not having done it. Go for it and have fun.

Congratulations on being part of such a great show! :thumbsup2

Firstly want to say was watching the news of Oklahoma on the telly and hope that all dissers and their family and friends are safe it looks awful. There was one old lady who had gone back to her house to look for her dog and as she was talking to the media they found the dog under the rubble alive and a bit shocked looking. I actually cried. :(

Solo is fun. I think you would do just fine.

Thats awesome news!

I've never done a solo..but I say you should go for it.

Great news on the nominations.

Yeah... I don't see any bad news here. I had chances to go solo before I was married, and didn't because I really didn't want to go on vacation by myself. Now I regret not having done it. Go for it and have fun.

Congratulations on being part of such a great show! :thumbsup2

I might try a solo trip. I dunno because it's so far away to the American parks it's definately something to look into and consider though.

For anyone that was following my trip report just to update you you all know I was in BATB musical in April and the show got nominated for two awards at the musical society awards over here. We didn't win but did come runner up and the fact we got nominated at all was huge because there was 49 societies in our category and they only nominate the top three :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts