$72 per point on a resale?

Disnydad

DVC Member -- OKW
Yep, that's right! I just noticed a resale at VWL asking $72! Think they will get it?:confused:

Considering the additional closing cost in a resale and the possibility that he/she has used points, I think the seller will need to compromise.

This price has to be negotiable. There are 118 points to be used by August 31, 2001. This will be challenging for the buyer. There are only 182 points available in the next use year (for a 200 point contract) of which 100 were banked from the current year and so must be used by August 31, 2002. With closing costs of $450, the asking price would translate to about $74.25 per point compared to Disney's $75. With a 200-point contract purchase directly from Disney, you would get a full 200 points from the shortened current year followed by an additional 200 points at the start of your next (full) use year and also have the opportunity to reduce your actual cost through the Magical Beginnings program. I don't see how anyone could justify this resale at the asking price.

Ralph

$72?! For RESALE? Dang that seems high to me!! Whoda thunk it...My DVC membership has actually GROWN in value!! Actually, given the value of Disney, I knew it all along!!!
Bob.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter