75 direct best resort option?

I’m still contemplating purchasing 75 direct points but struggling with which resort to be my best option. I own 160 SSR resale, I’m not sure if I should just add on there or purchase elsewhere.. We generally aren’t studio people, but that could change in the future. Usually we go for 1-2 bedrooms depending on how many of us are going . Opinions welcome!

Agree! If you’re wanting the 75 for perks, I’d just add on to your SSR and same UY.

If you want a second home resort advantage, then I could see choosing a diiferent resort, but like PP said, you’d need more than 75 points.

I would just buy the SSR points with the same UY, and take my chances at the 7 month mark.

I’m still contemplating purchasing 75 direct points but struggling with which resort to be my best option. I own 160 SSR resale, I’m not sure if I should just add on there or purchase elsewhere.. We generally aren’t studio people, but that could change in the future. Usually we go for 1-2 bedrooms depending on how many of us are going . Opinions welcome!
To keep things simple i would just add on at SSR with the same UY. It will make using points much easier and with your plan of booking 1 or 2 BR -- having 75 points at a different resort wouldn't get you much.

I would absolutely buy at a different resort, but make sure you get the same Use Year. I have 4 different contracts in 4 different resorts, all with the same use year. It's no problem at all to combine those contracts at the 7 month mark. The online site makes it all so easy!

If you want to spend the least amount of money, while meeting the 75 point minimum to get the perks, Vero Beach is only $100/pt direct. That's a difference of $4500 compared to buying SSR. While the yearly fees are higher at Vero Beach so it would cost $380 more per year in fees, than SSR. It will take more than 11 years to make up the difference in price. We own 60 pts at Vero Beach, and we even go every couple of years, and enjoy it very much for a couple of nights! But, I bought it because it was cheap.

If you'd rather stay inside WDW proper, take a look at where you'd like to stay, and places that need a home resort advantage. The Beach Club, Boardwalk, Copper Creek, and Bay Lake Tower are all good options. You'd be paying $20 to $40 more per point than SSR, but you'd have more options at 11 months. SSR doesn't really need a home resort advantage.

So, basically, I'm saying go for the least upfront cost, or spend a little more, and get something for it!

This all depends on you. Do you feel that you dont have enough points, or dont have enough SSR points?

Are you someone who would do long weekends? I am, so I would buy a different home resort.

But, if you feel like your current point total at SSR is not enough to get what you want at SSR, then buy those.

I would probably target SSR, or a resort with a later expiration date as apposed to a 2042.

This all depends on you. Do you feel that you dont have enough points, or dont have enough SSR points?

Are you someone who would do long weekends? I am, so I would buy a different home resort.

But, if you feel like your current point total at SSR is not enough to get what you want at SSR, then buy those.

I would probably target SSR, or a resort with a later expiration date as apposed to a 2042.
I wish I could do long weekends :tinker:but we aren’t close enough for that. I toy with another resort for the 75 points because although currently our adult sons and teen daughter still love to go toWDW I’m sure there will be the day that we will do studios and multiple trips alone per year or that the “kids” will use the points for studios as well. I’ve considered AKV and BRV but I’m afraid of the shorter lifespan of BRV, not for me but for my family in the future. I guess it’s just a matter of just picking one and going with it!

I wish I could do long weekends :tinker:but we aren’t close enough for that. I toy with another resort for the 75 points because although currently our adult sons and teen daughter still love to go toWDW I’m sure there will be the day that we will do studios and multiple trips alone per year or that the “kids” will use the points for studios as well. I’ve considered AKV and BRV but I’m afraid of the shorter lifespan of BRV, not for me but for my family in the future. I guess it’s just a matter of just picking one and going with it!

Buy for yourself.

You should get to enjoy exactly what you want. :) And BRV with it's prices these days is not bad when comparing to other newer resorts and especially against other 2042 resorts.

If you like to stay in 1BDR or 2BDR and don't mind the banking and borrowing - go with a different resort. If you don't want to do this, buy at SRR. You won't be able to book a whole stay with your 160 points and will have to wait to finish booking your stay with your other resort points 4 months later.

If you had a larger contract with SSR or planned on buying a larger contract direct at a new resort - I would do two resorts for sure.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter