$76 roundtrip on Supershuttle-how's this price?UPDATE_Called back!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
LAX to/from HoJo's Anaheim (on Harbour Blvd), 1 person. Frankly, I thought that was a lot more than I expected. But after reading here, now I wonder if maybe my expectations were off. How about a bus to the hotel and a cab back? Does this seem like a reasonable price for transportation? Any other ideas?

Wow - that seems high to me! DH got to the Airport for $15 from DLH back in April. It was LAX, but we can't remember which Shuttle it was..... I would call HOJO's and ask what shuttles will pick up there and then call around - that seems VERY high to me!

That's outrageous!!!!!!
I used supershuttle in December for a group of us going from LAX to the Hojo and it was $15 US per person each way. Something is definitely amiss there!

Whew! Thanks everyone-my heart rate is normal now! After reading all these responses, I figured I'd call back. I just asked for verification of the price, I said, because it was so different from what I expected. At first she just read the quote off the computer screen for my reservations "$76. No, that can't be right!" Somewhere along the way someone must have punched the wrong button. When she told me it was really $30 and I said that was much better, at least she told me, "They never would have charged you that price once you got there." So I guess I'm OK now.

We used the Airport Bus (the one with the characters on the side of it) and it was $25 roundtrip for adults, kids were a different price, and infants were free. ;)

While I do take 'shared ride vans' like SuperShuttle in other cities, I stopped taking the ones in LA years ago. You will probably get lucky and be on a shuttle with everyone going to DL, but I have been on shuttles which tootled around the neighbourhoods of the LA area for what seemed like forever (and often was!) before getting to the airport or Disneyland. 'We guarantee no more than 3 stops' can mean 3 stops far apart, or off several freeways. That could mean a lot of time sitting in bad traffic.

I now use the LAX Airport Bus (the one with the characters) The trip seems to take half the time, it's more comfortable (I've been in some SuperShuttles where frankly I felt that pieces were going to fall off onto the freeway) and it's relatively cheap.

You will probably hear good things about SuperShuttle too - everyone has their own experiences.

But I highly recommend the Airport Bus service - much better than you would expect!! And you can walk from the depot (first stop) to the HoJo's, so you will get to your hotel first!

Disneyland_emily said:
Just as an FYI- The stop by the HOJO is no more- Its now based I believe near the DLH

-em
What's this? Is this a stop for super shuttle? I didn't know, but I just assumed the shuttle picked you up at the hotel. Or does the airport bus go over to DLH? Help-this is all new to me-and I'll be traveling solo besides. I'm more than slightly nervous about traveling alone for my first trip to DL. I have visions of me wandering all over, lost, not knowing what to do.

I was talking about the Airport Bus depot, which used to be at DLH years ago, and moved to the area behind the Fairfield and across from the HoJo's. But it has been over a year (gasp!) since my last trip to DL, so it may have moved again.

Both Supershuttle and Airport Bus pick you up at your hotel. Didn't mean to scare you, Simba's Mom!!!

Simba's Mom said:
What's this? Is this a stop for super shuttle? I didn't know, but I just assumed the shuttle picked you up at the hotel. Or does the airport bus go over to DLH? Help-this is all new to me-and I'll be traveling solo besides. I'm more than slightly nervous about traveling alone for my first trip to DL. I have visions of me wandering all over, lost, not knowing what to do.

Don't be nervous about doing DL alone - I went for my first trip in 1994 as an adult after a business trip, and it started my adult obsession with the mouse....

Even with all the development, you'll be fine - I promise! But if you need a personal tour guide, I could be tempted.... :)

From the Airport Bus website:
Welcome

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based in Anaheim since 1955, Coach USA/AirportBus is a scheduled bus company providing guests with Airport Transfers to the Disneyland Resort as well as many other services. All AirportBus trips originate from and arrive first at The Disneyland Hotel.

AIRPORT TRANSFERS TO AND FROM DISNEYLAND

Coach USA/AirportBus provides daily round trip transportation from the airports
(LAX and Orange County) to the Disneyland hotel and to all the other hotels located in Anaheim, Garden Grove, and Buena Park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter