7am EMH AK hours predicted for March-April?

lisa cameron

Mouseketeer
I know Disney waits to officially extend park hours until about a month before, correct? We are planning on AK EMH on April 1st and were hoping to catch HEA at MK the night before....but then I got to thinking “what if AK opens at 7:00am” which I know really means 6:30am....totally would change out who touring plan. I don’t think I can stay up until 11pm and then get up at 5:00am without being spent. Any projections if Disney will open AK even earlier throughout spring break again this year. I know it did last year but my understanding is that spring break is more spread out this year?

29March (Friday) in AM, arrive in the AM. Plans were for Epcot in afternoon/early evening.

30March 30th (Saturday) , rope drop MK (9am opening) and 3 fast passes before leaving MK at 1pm when park gets busy. Need to rest before going to DHS in evening as we booked DAK that night from 9pm-12am. If up for it and grab a tier 1 at Epcot in evening and stop there before walking to DAH for DAK. We are staying at Shades of Green so easy access to monorail to swing by Epcot.

31March (Sunday) Sleep in, enjoy resort, my dad will golf the Magnolia course this day if he can get a tee time for 1. Then go to MK to use 3 fast passes starting at 4/5pm before HEA at 9:15pm. So, another late night but will have not been in parks during the day.

01April (Monday) EMH AK day. Take Uber at 7:00am. Hoping for FOP FP since this will be Day+3 so will do Navi at 7:30am and then head to dinosaur land, etc. But if this changes to a 7:00am opening, may rethink the evening before.....but as you can see Saturday isn’t an option for HEA.

Or may skip HEA as EMH at AK is a higher priority. I assume Friday night would be bussier at MK since it is an EMH day there, this why I thought Sunday evening was a better choice.

The only time I've seen 7:00 a.m. EMH is Christmas week and Easter week. April 1 is nowhere near Easter next year, so I wouldn't expect them to do that early of EMH that week.

According to the historical data on the touring plans website, it was 7am pretty much all of March this year23 were there Presidents’ Day weekend and was 7am that Saturday as well. We got up at 5:30am that day and got there when still dark! We enjoyed it but went to bed early the night before.

Ok, coming up with alternative plan.
I saw a video on You Tube that looks like from the transportation center, you can see the fireworks very well and can even seen a little of the castle projection, tinker ball and music is piped in? I cannot tell if the video is or is not zoomed in to make it deceiving. Has anyone watched from here before? Is there a certain place to stand to ensure we can see the show and here the music from the TTC? Does it get congested there?
Since we are staying across the street at SOG, might be a decent compromise?

Ok, coming up with alternative plan.
I saw a video on You Tube that looks like from the transportation center, you can see the fireworks very well and can even seen a little of the castle projection, tinker ball and music is piped in? I cannot tell if the video is or is not zoomed in to make it deceiving. Has anyone watched from here before? Is there a certain place to stand to ensure we can see the show and here the music from the TTC? Does it get congested there?
Since we are staying across the street at SOG, might be a decent compromise?
Actually, I think I found the answers and location in robo maps!

Actually, I think I found the answers and location in robo maps!

If seeing HEA is a big deal to you (and it’s fantastic!), I would not have my only time seeing it be from the TTC. You really have to be on Main Street to get the full effect of the projections. Just my two cents!

If seeing HEA is a big deal to you (and it’s fantastic!), I would not have my only time seeing it be from the TTC. You really have to be on Main Street to get the full effect of the projections. Just my two cents!
Agreed, it is fantastic! I saw it in February from the “hub”. My 5 year old ran circles right afterwards saying “you are right mom, this place is magical!” This upcoming trip I am taking my 68 year old parents, no kids. As much as I loved HEA, not sure if they will feel the same if it means little sleep. When we went in Feb, HEA was at 7:55, but will be at 9:15 when we go in March. That is a big difference if one is hoping to make a possible 7:00am EMH at AK the next AM. Can you see tinker bell at all from TTC (of course, weather permitting)?

Hmmmm. Tough choice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter