7DMT and only 2 FPs

disneytravel2016

Earning My Ears
We are staying offsite, so the 7DMT was long gone when I did our FP. I was able to get 2 FPs for 7DMT last week (I was surprised when they showed up), but I have a 10 yr old and 6 yr old that both want to ride. I didn't know that they couldn't ride together, but now realize he needs to be 7. Will they let me RS? Then my 10 yr old could go on first by herself, and then I could ride with the RS with my son? Or any other suggestions? I'm still trying to get a 3rd FP, but no luck so far...

I posted this in another thread .... they will let them ride together with you behind them. My girls were 5 and 2 in this pic. If you only have FP+ for them, they will let you go with them. I did that many times in the past.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7878749669.jpeg

We are staying offsite, so the 7DMT was long gone when I did our FP. I was able to get 2 FPs for 7DMT last week (I was surprised when they showed up), but I have a 10 yr old and 6 yr old that both want to ride. I didn't know that they couldn't ride together, but now realize he needs to be 7. Will they let me RS? Then my 10 yr old could go on first by herself, and then I could ride with the RS with my son? Or any other suggestions? I'm still trying to get a 3rd FP, but no luck so far...
You will each need a fast pass.

You all need a fastpass.
I would say at least a dozen times, I was able to ride with my kids without a FP. I used mine on some things that my little one couldn't ride and when I rode with her, I simply asked if she could ride alone or with her sister. Of course they said no. I told them I did not have a FP and they let me go with them.

I would say at least a dozen times, I was able to ride with my kids without a FP. I used mine on some things that my little one couldn't ride and when I rode with her, I simply asked if she could ride alone or with her sister. Of course they said no. I told them I did not have a FP and they let me go with them.

So you did an end run around the way the system works?

You will find a same day FP+, no problem. But I wouldn't bother checking until same day...that's when things really start moving.

Otherwise, just have your 6 year old say that they are 7...CMs aren't going to ask for ID.

So you did an end run around the way the system works?
Not really. When we took our girls for their first trip in 2016 I really didn’t know how FP worked since the last time I was there they didn’t have FP. Me and my wife did rider swap with our then 5 year old on a few rides and made some for just our kids. All we did was try to let them go on some rides and they would let me go with them because they were not old enough to go without an adult. Now I understand how it works so we plan accordingly.

Man, why does everyone think people trying to "scam" the system? Sheesh.

OP, I hope you can find an extra FP. If you can't then "punt". If the 7DMT is really important to you, you can always rope drop it.

Can’t you transfer a FP from your younger child to yourself? You can then take the older one, get a RS, then bring them both back at the same time. This is assuming there is someone else the younger child can stay with while you and older kid get to ride first.

Can’t you transfer a FP from your younger child to yourself? You can then take the older one, get a RS, then bring them both back at the same time. This is assuming there is someone else the younger child can stay with while you and older kid get to ride first.

Why would they give a rider swap? The younger child is tall enough. Rider swap is for when there is a too short child that cannot ride.

Why would they give a rider swap? The younger child is tall enough. Rider swap is for when there is a too short child that cannot ride.

Good point, I’m so used to my situation where one kid can ride and one isn’t tall enough. Scratch my previous post then.

I'm stuck.. Hopefully I can get one more..no luck yet .trip is next week
Then you "punt". You can either ...
(1) Send both kids in knowing the younger one is too young or
(2) Ask the CM at the ride if it's OK that the younger one go with the older one and hope they will give you a FP to ride along or
(3) Do 7DMT at rope drop and use your FPs elsewhere.

I am not against (1) or (2) but you run the risk of the younger one not riding at all. I would plan to do (3) if no FP pops up. REMEMBER! You DO NOT need the exact same time. You just need a FP that overlaps with the other two. It will reduce your return time to the overlapping time but all 3 of you can ride at once.

I keep looking for a FP. none yet .

I think my 6 year old might forget his age if asked a few times on the way in. I'd hate for him to be turned back at a second check.

I'll keep stalking for another FP, or hope a CM will help .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!