8:15 Garden Grill breakfast, quicker way to Soarin after your done eating?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
With a park opening at 9, would a reservation at 8:15 at the Garden Grill for breakfast facilitate a quicker path to ride Soarin if finished by breakfast at 8:55. Got a reservation there for breakfast and have never ate there before so I thought I would ask.

With an 8:15 reservation, you will be able to enter the park at/around 7:45am, which you should do, and arrive at GG from either entrance by 7:50 or 7:55 and will be seated right at 8am. Even at a leisurely pace, you should be done by 8:40am and can get right in line for Soarin. Even if you don't get in line until 8:50, you'll still get right on the ride. This is my favorite way to star the day in Epcot!

You'll be seated as soon as you get to the podium when they open the gates for the PPO ADRs. We did this, ate a ton, met each character twice, and went on Soarin' twice before the rope drop people made it to the ride. Seriously, we were standing up to get off the ride and the CM said we could sit and go again because nobody was there yet.

With an 8:15 reservation, you will be able to enter the park at/around 7:45am, which you should do, and arrive at GG from either entrance by 7:50 or 7:55 and will be seated right at 8am. Even at a leisurely pace, you should be done by 8:40am and can get right in line for Soarin. Even if you don't get in line until 8:50, you'll still get right on the ride. This is my favorite way to star the day in Epcot!
Hmmmm. Might just do this. Seeing those characters is not that important, might let the girls get one or two quick pics with them, but at the same time making sure we are done eating by 8:45-8:50. Would make sure and pay the bill during the meal as to not to have to wait for that. We haven't done a buffet meal in forever with the increases in prices, but with going during the Spring Break time, a little extra cost to help gain somewhat of an advantage might prevail here.

Yup, Akershus. Love that breakfast as well and you will be first in line for FEA. For me, that is a one and done whereas I would look for extra FPs for either TT or Soarin. Any PPO reservation for Akershus will allow you to enter at 7:45am and they'll seat you ASAP. That's another great way to start the day in Epcot.

Yep, I am keeping it. Now just to keep an eye on the hours as to make sure Disney doesn't decided to do an 8:00 opening. If so, I would cancel the over priced meal. LoL. My husband will love a good breakfast at Disney.

Yup, Akershus. Love that breakfast as well and you will be first in line for FEA. For me, that is a one and done whereas I would look for extra FPs for either TT or Soarin. Any PPO reservation for Akershus will allow you to enter at 7:45am and they'll seat you ASAP. That's another great way to start the day in Epcot.
That is really high dollar, right?

That is really high dollar, right?
It is and I usually only go when I'm on the dining plan. I'm back and forth on the dining plan - if you do it right, it saves you $$$ but it does require a lot of planning and buffets. Akershus for any meal is one of the best values for 1 TS credit anywhere on property.

It is and I usually only go when I'm on the dining plan. I'm back and forth on the dining plan - if you do it right, it saves you $$$ but it does require a lot of planning and buffets. Akershus for any meal is one of the best values for 1 TS credit anywhere on property.
Oh, ok. I see. I was thinking it was a 2 credit place. No just doing the CS dining plan for one night. But that will fall on my Epcot day as well.

Best use of a CS credit in Epcot? Sunshine Seasons? Don't really want to eat there.

Oh, ok. I see. I was thinking it was a 2 credit place. No just doing the CS dining plan for one night. But that will fall on my Epcot day as well.

Best use of a CS credit in Epcot? Sunshine Seasons? Don't really want to eat there.
I think the Mexican QS is the best use, but that's partly because I enjoy margaritas, which are included in an adult meal.

Yep, I am keeping it. Now just to keep an eye on the hours as to make sure Disney doesn't decided to do an 8:00 opening. If so, I would cancel the over priced meal. LoL. My husband will love a good breakfast at Disney.

Epcot doesn’t change hours like MK does.

Epcot doesn’t change hours like MK does.
Oh, ok. Lawd you would think I have never been to Disney.:rolleyes:

I think the Mexican QS is the best use, but that's partly because I enjoy margaritas, which are included in an adult meal.
You know we don't drink a whole lot, even though my husband likes to make his own wine sometimes. But I keep forgetting about the value of the alcoholic drink with the CS plan. I am not a huge fan of alcohol, but will drink something if I like it. I will need to remember this in Epcot.

So are there any other places that works well to get in an early breakfast for a slight advantage now?

Is the price of the breakfast at Garden Grill up to $40 per adult now? If so, I will cancel this reservation.

Hmmmm. Might just do this. Seeing those characters is not that important, might let the girls get one or two quick pics with them, but at the same time making sure we are done eating by 8:45-8:50. Would make sure and pay the bill during the meal as to not to have to wait for that. We haven't done a buffet meal in forever with the increases in prices, but with going during the Spring Break time, a little extra cost to help gain somewhat of an advantage might prevail here.
I see you canceled but for future reference and folks reading along, Garden Grille is not a buffet. It an All You Care to Eat meal. It is served to you at your table.

Also, for future reference, ask for the check when you are first seated and pay right away. If you ask for the check at 8:40, you might be sitting there awhile waiting for them to process it.

Also, best CS credit at Epcot: Tangierine Café in Morocco

Ya, I hate it that the price went that high, but I no longer see the value of it for us.

I've been debating this one or not myself. I'm not much of a breakfast person, and the reality is the only thing I'd eat is that cinnamon bun thing, which does look awfully good. But the idea of paying $40 plus tip per person for breakfast just kinda makes my head explode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter