8 days of dining..split between our favorites and some newbies

TiggerDoc

Earning My Ears
Our favorites did not disappoint ..Cape May and Boma, both breakfast and dinner ..we were chosen to open the BOMA dinner with the African drummers..can't go wrong with either of these. I have noticed some negative comments about OHANNA... but food and service was good as ever . We gave WOLFGANG PUCKS new place a try and were very pleased.. nice menu ,generous portions and excellent service.

Tried JUNGLE SKIPPER CANTEEN..just OK,won't be going back. The real stinker choice was TRATTORIA AL FORNO for breakfast. Saw the great review on the dis dining review, but sad to say it was a bust. We arrived early for our reservation but waited half an hour before we were seated with no explanation . Our drink order was taken and waited another 10 minutes. All told we spent an hour and a half for breakfast. The omelets were overcooked and under seasoned. The characters were great but, this place is too pricey for this service and quality..never again. At $29 BOMA is a steal for the variety and quality in comparison, but no characters.

We visited Fort Wilderness for the first time...what a great place to spend some time. Had dinner at TRAILS END. Nothing fancy here but a good bang for the buck.

RAGLAN ROAD has been on our to do list and glad we paid a visit. Great ambience, but if you want quiet skip this place. Big menu and all the food was excellent with attentive service. If you can deal with the noise you can't go wrong .

Very pleased with all the offerings at Flower and Garden..they do a great job serving pristine food in such quantity.

Planning another visit after Thanksgiving and have Toppolinos at the Riviera at the top of the list. Got a sneak peak at the resort with DVC special event..will post a review soon on Theme Park strategy board

A nice little review and without managing the details we have many of the same tastes in places to eat. My girls agree with you about Boma they love the place my view is any place with all you can eat Zebra Domes starts at 3 stars just with that and we love OHana to death.

Curious what you ordered at Raglan Road. We just visited on a recent trip and were not impressed. The shepherd's pie had a very strange flavor and the melted cheese on top had a weird texture. DS got the world's smallest portion of fish and chips and DH's short rib was not even close to being as good as the one at Homecomin. On top of that the service was horrible and they stuck us in a back corner as far from the stage as you could possibly be. Overall it was the worst meal of our trip.

On the flip side, we'd been to RR before just for appetizers and drinks...was a much better experience. Perhaps we just had an off night.

Only two places at your itinerary that we've eaten at: Raglan Road and 'Ohana.

Your reviews were spot on for my sight and I love the addition of fresh tasting veggies to Ohana. As for RR, we found it not very loud but settled in to mostly appetizers and drinks during our recent visits at lunch time.

Thanks for taking the time to write up your impressions:cool:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!