8 Park Days

tabithamarie4

Earning My Ears
If you were spending 8 days in the park with a 7 year old and 10 year old, how would you split up your park days. We wouldn’t do park hopping.

MK-2
Epcot-2
DHS-2
DAK-2

-or-

MK-3
Epcot-2
DAK-2
DHS-1

BTW, this would be much more flexible if you DID park hop.
It offers added ability to pick and choose dining, evening shows, return for "favorites," etc.

Last edited:
We did this in April. We did 3 MK, 2 Epcot, 2 AK, 1 HS. Are you going before or after Galaxy's Edge opens? I would adjust based on that.

Just did eight days with our eight and six year old. We did park hop, but our main parks by day:

MK (3)
AK (2)
HS (2)
Epcot (1)

Are there any rides your kids won't do?

We did 8.5 days (departure day as a half) with 5 year olds. We did 3.5 MK, 2 HS, 2 EP, 1 AK. That said, they were too short/scared for EE, Dinosaur, Tough to be a Bug, FoP, and PW which is why AK was only a one day park for us. By comparison, while most people knock HS to one day, we needed to to fit in all of the characters and shows.

With SWGE and the new FP tiers, I think HS is probably a two day park. I would knock EP down to one day and go when there's EMH morning so that you can get through TT and EP in the morning to save your tier 1 FP for FEA. That would be 3 MK, 1 EP, 2 HS, 2 AK.

MK 3
Epcot 2
Studios 1
AK 2
We never park hop either...youll get ALOT done. But i advise 3 days at MK. We did the exact days i listed almost every trip. And of course never a hopper.

We did 8.5 days (departure day as a half) with 5 year olds. We did 3.5 MK, 2 HS, 2 EP, 1 AK. That said, they were too short/scared for EE, Dinosaur, Tough to be a Bug, FoP, and PW which is why AK was only a one day park for us. By comparison, while most people knock HS to one day, we needed to to fit in all of the characters and shows.

With SWGE and the new FP tiers, I think HS is probably a two day park. I would knock EP down to one day and go when there's EMH morning so that you can get through TT and EP in the morning to save your tier 1 FP for FEA. That would be 3 MK, 1 EP, 2 HS, 2 AK.

This!!! totally agree!~

This past year we did 3-MK, 2-EP, 2-AK, 1-HS. The year before we did 4-MK, 2-AK, 1-EP, 1-HS. We don't park hop either. Having 4 days at MK was so much fun since we did 2 shorter days (leaving late afternoon) but I was really glad to have that extra day at Epcot this year because 1 day feels so rushed and there's no way you can get through all the World Showcase in a few hours!

The older one will ride everything. Nothing scares her! The younger one probably won’t want to ride EE. FOP, T of T, etc.

Even if you are not SW fans, the land and the rides would be fun and immersive. I am not an Avatar fan, think the movie is incredibly boring, but really like both rides, especially FoP, and Pandora is really amazing just to look at. Very immersive, and SW land will be too. But with littles like you will have, I would for sure do 3 days at MK.

With 8 days I would be sure to do 1 or 2 pool days, with a park in the evening. We’ve been going for 22 years and have four boys. The youngest is now 17. We usually stay 8-12 days and schedule morning EMH, sleep in mornings and late nights. After all these years, they are still excited to go.

I'm taking a 7 year old and an 11 year old this August. We are planning:
2 1/2 MK
2 EP
2 AK
1 1/2 HS
1 day either pool or maybe a water park

Although we do have hoppers, so we are likely to change things up as we go. :) FWIW, both of my kids say they love MK best.

This august we have 7 park days. Click the link in my signature for my plan and my reasoning.

Here's my plan. I don't do more than 2 full park days in a row. Trip is with a 6/4.5/1.5 yo.

We took my 6 year old niece and 4 year old nephew to WDW, and spent the most time in MK and DHS. DHS has a lot of shows and meet & greets that appealed to them. We spent the least time in Epcot, as the World Showcase wasn't as exciting for them, and the attractions in Future World didn't take us much time.

With 8 park days, I would do:

3 - MK
2 - DHS
2 - AK
1 - Epcot

Not sure how many days you have total, but we also spent two afternoons/evenings at Disney Springs and we always build in a day where we can sleep in and either go to the pool or to a park later. We also build in mid-day breaks, and I know with our niece and nephew, the pool is just as fun and important as Disney itself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter