80's EPCOT

12jdc

Mouseketeer
I just watched an video on YouTube about EPCOT it was the 1985 souvenir VHS tape of a day at EPCOT. Anyway, I just loved watching it and seeing the old attractions & restaurants which are no longer there. Does anyone have any memories of the rides in Future World which are gone or transformed. How about the restaurants like L'Originale Alfredo diROMA? It looks like there were once gondolas at Italy could you ride in them (or are they still there & I have overlooked them lol)? I forgot about World of Motion, what happened to it, did Test Track replace it (boo)? In the video France appeared more spacious. I would love to hear stories or see pics of old EPCOT.

Epcot used to be our favorite park but without any real changes there in a long time it has slipped to 2nd fav! We first visited there in 1990 when all those wonderful attractions like Horizons, Kitchen Cabaret, and World of Motion were running.

The gondolas are still there but not for visitors to use! I don't remember them being open even in 1990.

Italy_8870ed-XL.jpg

Italy_8863ed-XL.jpg

Thank you for sharing!! I must have just overlooked those gondolas. I wonder if they were ever something guests could ride in. Yes, EPCOT use to be my favorite park for the same reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!