Last edited:
Day 6 - Thu, Sep 21
Ponta Delgada (Azores), Portugal

Last edited:
Day 9 - Sun, Sep 24
St. John's (Newfoundland), Canada

Last edited:
Here is what we booked

Cadiz, Spain, Seeing Seville,Explore the Jewish quarter of Santa Cruz on foot before a panoramic tour of this stunning city via motorcoach.

Lisbon, Portugal, we are doing a privet tour

Ponta Delgada (Azores), Portugal we booked Fogo Lake, Ribeira Grande and Pineapple Plantation (PD06)
Stroll narrow streets, admire fantastic flora and see how Azore pineapples are cultivated

St. John's (Newfoundland), Canada. we booked.St. John's Coastal Trek (SS06) Walk from the historic landmark of Signal Hill to the village of The Battery on this gorgeous nature tour.

Hi All! Just booked yesterday as a 15th anniversary surprise for DH and myself. We're in room 6030. This will be our first trip to Europe together and first cruise on the Magic (have only managed a few sailings on the Fantasy to the eastern caribbean with kids and parents). So excited but have that nervousness I get when I don't think I'll have enough time to plan. Just got my email saying my window opens to pick activities is coming up (and we will be in the middle of Yellowstone. Not sure how I'm going to secretively start picking activities for us to do without drawing suspicion). And to make matters worse, since I transferred an existing reservation and dropped people from it when I booked this cruise, DCL has goofed up online and can't find my reservation!!! But enough about all that...l'm so excited to get reading and caught up on all this info!! And past Navigators, too!!!

Hi All! Just booked yesterday as a 15th anniversary surprise for DH and myself. We're in room 6030. This will be our first trip to Europe together and first cruise on the Magic (have only managed a few sailings on the Fantasy to the eastern caribbean with kids and parents). So excited but have that nervousness I get when I don't think I'll have enough time to plan. Just got my email saying my window opens to pick activities is coming up (and we will be in the middle of Yellowstone. Not sure how I'm going to secretively start picking activities for us to do without drawing suspicion). And to make matters worse, since I transferred an existing reservation and dropped people from it when I booked this cruise, DCL has goofed up online and can't find my reservation!!! But enough about all that...l'm so excited to get reading and caught up on all this info!! And past Navigators, too!!!

Welcome aboard! Do you also want to be listed for the postcard exchange?

Welcome aboard! Do you also want to be listed for the postcard exchange?
Count me in for postcard exchange! Will be so much easier than FE (which we decided to leave at home this trip--still have suitcase full of gifts I wasn't able to distribute from last cruise :sad2:) Will be neat to put in scrapbook...love it!

Count me in for postcard exchange! Will be so much easier than FE (which we decided to leave at home this trip--still have suitcase full of gifts I wasn't able to distribute from last cruise :sad2:) Will be neat to put in scrapbook...love it!

You got it -- first page updated.

Anyone on page one who is still going, but have not updated their info, please let me know. If you see names on page one that are no longer going, also let me know. Thanks much.

ONLY 14 names on the postcard exhange. Anyone else want to join?

You got it -- first page updated.

Anyone on page one who is still going, but have not updated their info, please let me know. If you see names on page one that are no longer going, also let me know. Thanks much.

ONLY 14 names on the postcard exhange. Anyone else want to join?

I am still on the fence about the postcard exchange. I need to look around to see if I can find any first. I think it's a great idea to add it to a scrapbook. For three cruises I kept a journal and added photos to them.

Welcome! I have done a few last minute cruises and know exactly what you mean! Its a bit of a weird feeling when you have to start planning so late but trust me this one was even weirder for me because I booked on opening day! I have over planned this one I feel but never mind.

I am still on the fence about the postcard exchange. I need to look around to see if I can find any first. I think it's a great idea to add it to a scrapbook. For three cruises I kept a journal and added photos to them.

This is why I like a postcard exchange. I may be having to do London postcards as my home town seems to have a shortage of them (they are usually sold in the library but the library is closed til mid September for refurbishments)!

Hello all! :wave2:

I am April - I've just booked this cruise! My son John (aged 10) and I will be in Stateroom 7036 and would very much like to be added to the Postcard Exchange. John collects postcards - so it will be a real treat for him. We are homeschoolers - and I was pleased to see there are a couple of other homeschooling families in this thread (as DS was worried he'd be the only non-preschooler in the kids' club!).

We live just outside London and in Provence. My lovely DH will be driving us down to Barcelona from France, but not sailing with us - as he is a) overwhelmed with work and b) petrified of drowning. Sigh.

We're using the cruise as a means to get over to North America in time for the World Gymnastics Championships in Montreal. It should be a fab trip - two nights in Barcelona, the cruise (!), a few nights in NY - and then Montreal. Can't wait!

Many thanks to you, @RedSox68, for your tireless work on this thread. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am April - I've just booked this cruise! My son John (aged 10) and I will be in Stateroom 7036 and would very much like to be added to the Postcard Exchange. John collects postcards - so it will be a real treat for him. We are homeschoolers - and I was pleased to see there are a couple of other homeschooling families in this thread (as DS was worried he'd be the only non-preschooler in the kids' club!).

We live just outside London and in Provence. My lovely DH will be driving us down to Barcelona from France, but not sailing with us - as he is a) overwhelmed with work and b) petrified of drowning. Sigh.

We're using the cruise as a means to get over to North America in time for the World Gymnastics Championships in Montreal. It should be a fab trip - two nights in Barcelona, the cruise (!), a few nights in NY - and then Montreal. Can't wait!

Many thanks to you, @RedSox68, for your tireless work on this thread. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hi, April and :welcome:

Your trip sounds amazing and you will get to see and experience so much with your son. I'm sorry your DH doesn't like to be on water, but I know you and your son will have a great time.

I have added you to page one.

Welcome, April! Now that I know your son collects postcards, I will make an extra effort to see if I can find any from my area (not officially signed up yet).

My 11 year old homeschooled son looks forward to the company, too! =)

My kids are homeschooled too! We were on the EBTA this year and my kids actually said most of the other kids were homeschooled. There is also a thread for this cruise if you are interested in joining the Fish extender group.

My kids are homeschooled too! We were on the EBTA this year and my kids actually said most of the other kids were homeschooled. There is also a thread for this cruise if you are interested in joining the Fish extender group.

Hi, Krissy:

Are you booked on this cruise? If so, let me know your info and I'll add you to page one.

Hi, April and :welcome:

Your trip sounds amazing and you will get to see and experience so much with your son. I'm sorry your DH doesn't like to be on water, but I know you and your son will have a great time.

I have added you to page one.

Thank you. :flower:

Welcome, April! Now that I know your son collects postcards, I will make an extra effort to see if I can find any from my area (not officially signed up yet).

How kind of you - thanks! :wave:

My 11 year old homeschooled son looks forward to the company, too! =)

That's fab to hear. :thumbsup2 When we went to Aulani back in 2013, my son took one look at the kids' club (full of little girls playing princess) and refused to go in! So much for my plan for diner à deux with DH!

Thanks for that - are you on the cruise, too? How old are your kids?

I think we're going to stick to the postcards - as we have to haul everything back to Europe once our holiday is over. Any extra luggage space I want to save for Chicago Mix popcorn! Priorities...right? :o

Welcome April! So nice to see new cruisers appearing :D

Thanks very much - I hope your library re-opens before the cruise. I'm curious about your postcards - and where you're from (we are just north of the M25)! :)

Hi, Krissy:

Are you booked on this cruise? If so, let me know your info and I'll add you to page one.
Yes! We are booked and can't wait, we are Krissy and Mike, and our three kids. Room 6112. We are also traveling with my parents, my brother, and his family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter