9 AM AP preview time slot?

Iowamomof4

DIS Veteran
How do you think they will handle getting us into the park and over to the land? Will we just line up with the masses and break off toward Muppets Courtyard when we approach the Chinese Theater? Do you think they'll have a special entrance for us?

Just curious and trying to plan.

As they have not disclosed any info it's all speculation at this point, here's what I think:
They will have the left side of the tapstiles and Hollywood Blvd roped off for people going to SWGE, from there you just walk to Grand Av and there you will probably get checked that you are registered right by the "tunnel"
Grand Av plus Muppet courtyard holds plenty of people so I think they will use the entire area for that

As they have not disclosed any info it's all speculation at this point, here's what I think:
They will have the left side of the tapstiles and Hollywood Blvd roped off for people going to SWGE, from there you just walk to Grand Av and there you will probably get checked that you are registered right by the "tunnel"
Grand Av plus Muppet courtyard holds plenty of people so I think they will use the entire area for that

I do think this would make the most sense.

The email we get will say for sure how to enter and where to go but I too would expect your own entrance, if they aren't already letting everyone in the park at the time you get there.
They already tend to have the turnstiles opened pretty early, and hold folks inside.

I have a 9:00 AM AP preview time slot on the 17th. Given this is the first day and 1st time slot of AP previews, what time should we plan on arriving at the park? We are staying onsite at the Polynesian.

I have a 9:00 AM AP preview time slot on the 17th. Given this is the first day and 1st time slot of AP previews, what time should we plan on arriving at the park? We are staying onsite at the Polynesian.
Disneyland allowed their 1st time slot guests entry into the park 2 hours early... 6a for the 8a time slot for SWGE entry.

Guests had a special entrance and then walked to Launch Bay to pick up wristbands and then head to wait at the SWGE land entrance.

If you are planning to ride MFSR as soon as you enter, you should plan on arriving at the earliest time stated in the email which could be 7:00a.

You do have the luxury of waiting until 10:30/10:45 for MFSR as the line should be shorter and the 2nd time slot group has yet to arrive.

It also depends on which Option you chose.

Disneyland allowed their 1st time slot guests entry into the park 2 hours early... 6a for the 8a time slot for SWGE entry.

Guests had a special entrance and then walked to Launch Bay to pick up wristbands and then head to wait at the SWGE land entrance.

If you are planning to ride MFSR as soon as you enter, you should plan on arriving at the earliest time stated in the email which could be 7:00a.

You do have the luxury of waiting until 10:30/10:45 for MFSR as the line should be shorter and the 2nd time slot group has yet to arrive.

It also depends on which Option you chose.

I have a 9a on the 2nd day. Just curious why I would want to be there 2 hours prior? I'm not saying I won't do it. Just wondering what would I be doing for the 2 hours before we are allowed to enter SWGE? Or are you saying that the time slot is more like 7a-1p instead of 9a-1p for touring of the land itself (not the rides or dining)?

I have a 9a on the 2nd day. Just curious why I would want to be there 2 hours prior? I'm not saying I won't do it. Just wondering what would I be doing for the 2 hours before we are allowed to enter SWGE? Or are you saying that the time slot is more like 7a-1p instead of 9a-1p for touring of the land itself (not the rides or dining)?
No, your slot is 9-1 and when allowed in to the park, you’ll have to wait until 9 to enter SWGE.

It’s either wait outside SWGE to have a better position in line for MFSR or waste 50 minutes of your time slot waiting in line for MFSR inside SWGE.

Your email will have all the details - and Studios will definitely have plans in place so that slot guests are gathered and ready to enter SWGE at 9:00a.

We also have our 9 am slot on day 2 (Sunday), which also means Extra Magic Hour that morning. I wonder how they'll handle that. Like, could we try to get a ride in before heading over to GE for our time slot? Not saying I want to for sure, just curious. MFSR is low on my priorities list.

MFSR is low on my priorities list.
Then you’ll be fine riding rides before heading to SWGE. You can enter SWGE any time between 9 and 1 so there’s no rush and you don’t have to be part of the waiting mass of guests who want to enter exactly at 9 to ride MFSR.

For reference, here’s my 11-3 time slot horde waiting at the rope. Photo was taken at 10:33a and sent to the Mods who wouldn’t fly to CA to go in with me. 😉

*We were only part of this mass of people because we needed to sign up for Oga’s as soon as we entered SWGE... poor planning by Disney - hopefully the WDW SWGE Option choices reduce unnecessary waiting.

48F59D16-3722-46D9-860D-B6FB78FD4958.jpeg

While MFSR isn't a priority, I guess I do want to ride it. Standing in line before 9 at least reduces the amount of time spent dealing with the ride after the land is open to us. Guess I'll have to see what dh wants to do.

We waited to ride MFSR after the 9-12 guests could no longer line up to ride it. At 12:30, the wait was less than 20 minutes. At 1:50, 10 minutes before the next slot of guests arrived, MFSR was a walk-on and we walked directly to the pre-loading room where assignments are handed out.

Follow the reports from guests from the first day of previews and then adjust your plans accordingly. We rode rides and got a snack before heading to the area at 10:00 to wait for the initial entry to the holding area before moving to the rope.

We waited to ride MFSR after the 9-12 guests could no longer line up to ride it. At 12:30, the wait was less than 20 minutes. At 1:50, 10 minutes before the next slot of guests arrived, MFSR was a walk-on and we walked directly to the pre-loading room where assignments are handed out.

Follow the reports from guests from the first day of previews and then adjust your plans accordingly. We rode rides and got a snack before heading to the area at 10:00 to wait for the initial entry to the holding area before moving to the rope.

Hmm... so perhaps hopping in line right before the 11:00 group enters the land could be a good strategy? I'll be watching reports from day 1, so hopefully we'll have some idea of what might work best.

Do we really think the WDW slots are going to operate just like the DL slots did?
Past AP previews at WDW have been nothing like that
I don't think the GE previews at WDW are going to be chaos either.
I've been wrong before and may be wrong this time but just don't think so

Do we really think the WDW slots are going to operate just like the DL slots did?
Past AP previews at WDW have been nothing like that
I don't think the GE previews at WDW are going to be chaos either.
I've been wrong before and may be wrong this time but just don't think so

I've never done a preview event before (just got an AP in May). How do you expect it to operate?

I've never done a preview event before (just got an AP in May). How do you expect it to operate?
I simply meant it's never been huge lines or long waits for them.
Maybe they sign up more people in DL which caused the big crowds like the photo shows
The WDW Preview events have been relatively empty. Think like a DAH or EMH with very small crowds and small lines. Lots of empty pavement can be seen. Not like a rope drop with masses moving towards the land together.
Like I said, I don't have any insight to say for certain, just my guess.

No because there may be no need to rush for Cantina or Savi’s... the email will explain return times for those 2 Options; hopefully WDW learned not to do return time sign-ups in SWGE.

Even though bloggers posted to wait to ride MFSR later during the block of time, the majority of the 11:00 guests went to MFSR at rope drop. The line was out past the MF.

This is SWGE at 11:07 with the 8:00-12:00 guests and the newly entered 11:00 guests... line for Cantina is on the right and most guests were waiting for their 1 person in the sign-up line.

My daughter was in DL’s SWGE on Monday morning for an 8:30 ADR for Oga’s. She said the MFSR line was insane and outside the attraction past the MF. It’s the biggest draw of the land.

I think the first day of AP previewers should be prepared for a rope drop crowd and the rush for MFSR. We also don’t know if SWGE CMs will be checking if guests have overstayed their time slot... the MFSR CM glanced at our colored wristbands when we entered the building.

The concern I have is the 11:00-3:00 time slot guests are overlapped by the 9:00 time slot and the 1:00 time slot. That’s essentially 2 groupings of guests for that 4-hour block of time. Either WDW has reduced their time slot numbers or they are counteracting the empty walk-up food and merchandise incidences in SWGE at DL.

Disney’s goal by having previews is to get the land running up to speed for Opening Day.

My daughter was in DL’s SWGE on Monday morning for an 8:30 ADR for Oga’s. She said the MFSR line was insane and outside the attraction past the MF. It’s the biggest draw of the land.
But I thought SWGE was a failure? ;)

Not a failure for the first hour of the day. 😉

Oga’s staff commended them for feasting at Oga’s rather than wait to smuggle. I believe they were attempting to remain in character-mode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!