9 AM AP preview time slot?

Hopefully .. especially with the 9-1 slot .. there won't be a need to "rush" or "wait" to get in. I am sure a lot will want to rush to Smuggler's run, but based on what I've heard here .. if you just wait past the initial "opening" rush .. the line lessens further into the time slot.
As I have smaller children (one of which can't go on the ride), I don't think we will rush to get on the ride and instead do the other stuff.

How many you think will there be per time slot?

How many you think will there be per time slot?
It’s difficult to say because the main DL Reservation thread disappeared where there had been discussions on crowd numbers.

For WDW SWGE, the 11:00, 1:00, and 3:00 slots are fully overlapped by surrounding time slots. For our DL slot, there was only a 1 hour overlap at the beginning and end so the 2 full hours mid-slot were very light crowd wise.

We talked to guests prior to and during the rope drop wait who were basically only going in for Oga’s because they had been shut out during their first visit. That was a benefit in keeping down crowds in the land especially after the majority of guests rode MFSR and then left the land.

It’s difficult to say because the main DL Reservation thread disappeared where there had been discussions on crowd numbers.

For WDW SWGE, the 11:00, 1:00, and 3:00 slots are fully overlapped by surrounding time slots. For our DL slot, there was only a 1 hour overlap at the beginning and end so the 2 full hours mid-slot were very light crowd wise.

We talked to guests prior to and during the rope drop wait who were basically only going in for Oga’s because they had been shut out during their first visit. That was a benefit in keeping down crowds in the land especially after the majority of guests rode MFSR and then left the land.
Right .. so no matter how many APs there are .. it seems like the best time to hit the ride would be between 10:00 - 11:00 am right before the next time slot people are let in. No overlap at all. .. I mean .. unless there is so "few" people in these previews that MFSR will just be a walkon most of the time and right at 9:00 am anyway. *shrug* .. may have to wait and see how the first few preview days go (I am scheduled for Tuesday). .

I guess that means that the food options will probably be pretty crowded around 12 -1 with a "fully overlapping" crowd .. AND that it is the prime lunch hours.

How do the lightsaber reservations work I wonder? I assume if you signed up for that experience you are simply allowed to make a lightsaber whenever you want during your time slot?

How do the lightsaber reservations work I wonder?
There’s going to have to be set “crowd control/return time” for sabers, too.

We will know more beginning on Aug. 1st. CMs with Savi or Oga Options will begin posting their experiences.

There’s going to have to be set “crowd control/return time” for sabers, too.

We will know more beginning on Aug. 1st. CMs with Savi or Oga Options will begin posting their experiences.

Would you expect the AP times to have similar crowds as the CM preview times?

We’ll never come up with an exact figure about how many are in each slot and It’s been too long for my memory but weren’t the rides for the previews at Pandora and the postview at TSL mostly walk on?

We’ll never come up with an exact figure about how many are in each slot and It’s been too long for my memory but weren’t the rides for the previews at Pandora and the postview at TSL mostly walk on?

Can't speak for Pandora, but the TSL event was EMPTY. We rode Slinky 8 times without a wait.

I was trying to search for Pandora info since it was more similar to the setup of SWGE and haven't found the right threads yet.

Pandora previews were only 2-hour time slots and overlaps weren’t scheduled.

SWGE CM previews are slotted the same as the AP previews but with some days only having one time slot. Only 2 days out of all the CM preview days have the 5 time slots. With 50,000+ WDW CMs and their +1s, most slots filled quickly especially the Oga slots but crowd-size will still be dependent upon whether CMs could trade shifts around to make it to their preview.

Pandora previews were only 2-hour time slots and overlaps weren’t scheduled.

SWGE CM previews are slotted the same as the AP previews but with some days only having one time slot. Only 2 days out of all the CM preview days have the 5 time slots. With 50,000+ WDW CMs and their +1s, most slots filled quickly especially the Oga slots but crowd-size will still be dependent upon whether CMs could trade shifts around to make it to their preview.
And even when we get reports from CM slots we won’t know how that translates to AP slots as we still won’t have any idea about how many AP there are per slot. It won’t necessarily be the same. Could be but could be different too.

Does go without saying that the overlap times will be different than the others and also if they do anything to clear those outside their times. We don’t know right now if they’ll do that either. Just because they didn’t before doesn’t really mean they won’t know. They didn’t overlap before either.

Well .. I figure the crowds will be lower than trying to go after 8/29 .. .. probably lower than during the EEMHs will be.

As long as they are "low" enough to make this separate 2 park days trip worth it .... that's fine by me. (Considering this trip is so last minute, I don't really have Fast Passes for any of the non- SWGE stuff).

I guess ..I personally expect the AP previews to be less crowded than the DLR reservation month. It just feels .. because of the limit to Platninum Passholders and the less than 1 month time frame -- there are a huge percentage of people who just can't go even if they wanted to.

I am sure things will be more crowded in there as the day goes on (especially around 1-2 pm) simply depending on how they can enforce (if at all) kicking people out of the land after their time slot is up. So that would obviously mean that 9-11 is probably the least crowded it will be during the previews.

I guess ..I personally expect the AP previews to be less crowded than the DLR reservation month. It just feels .. because of the limit to Platninum Passholders and the less than 1 month time frame -- there are a huge percentage of people who just can't go even if they wanted to.
I too expect they’ll be less crowded than the DLR reservations were.
As to WDW, the previews still booked solid. Wether or not there are AP who couldn’t go is a moot point. It’s booked up. So, whatever number they have per slot, it’s full.

And even when we get reports from CM slots we won’t know how that translates to AP slots as we still won’t have any idea about how many AP there are per slot. It won’t necessarily be the same. Could be but could be different too.

Does go without saying that the overlap times will be different than the others and also if they do anything to clear those outside their times. We don’t know right now if they’ll do that either. Just because they didn’t before doesn’t really mean they won’t know. They didn’t overlap before either.

I’ll be there this Friday night and then again for the 9 am AP preview on 8/17. It will be interesting to see the difference in crowds and how each is handled. I’ll be sure to report how things go Friday since I think that is only the 2nd day of previews. Though I’m sure we’ll still have some info before then.

I'm pretty sure during the Pandora preview we were given a set time to ride FOP - that may happen with this too. Since it was all done through MDE i wouldn't be surprised if your experiences are put into the app with 1 hr time slots for the ride or Ogas/Savis.

We’re going to be in the 1-5 time slot on the 17th. I do hope some effort is made to try & clear guests whose time slots have expired. At the very least, limit the ride, Oga’s & Savi’s to the current group only. I will still be beyond thrilled to be among the very first people to see GE, but I’d like our experience to be just as good as it will be for the earlier groups.

We’re going to be in the 1-5 time slot on the 17th. I do hope some effort is made to try & clear guests whose time slots have expired. At the very least, limit the ride, Oga’s & Savi’s to the current group only. I will still be beyond thrilled to be among the very first people to see GE, but I’d like our experience to be just as good as it will be for the earlier groups.
I would gather that around 1:00-3:00 PM will probably be one of the busiest times during the preview (but who knows how "busy" that will be).
You'll be at the tail end of one group, the middle of another and the start of the third group. Depending how much we get done, I know I will probably be dragging my feet to leave at 1:00 depending on how the kids are doing. We'll probably just finishing eating, or shopping or just wandering to admire the scenery before we head out. Because of the last minute nature of the trip, I couldn't find any fast passes for most things until the evening, so it's not like we will be in a rush to go back into the rest of the park.

I don't know what method we'll have for enforcement of time slots. Will we have colored lanyards? If everything is just in the Magic Band, I would think it would be impossible to track people down and kick them out. I am guessing that it will just be attrition .. 4 hours with limited crowds should be enough to see it all (especially since you can't do both Oga's and Savi's).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter