9 year old birthday dinner

Kerriowl

Mouseketeer
We will be in Disney for my 9 year old's birthday. I am planning on trying to get reservations for Beaches and Cream for his birthday; however, we have a split stay and a group of 6, so I want to have a back up. Any suggestions? We will be staying at Boardwalk on the day of his birthday, so any where in the Epcot hotel area or in Epcot is good. Thanks!

Agree Beaches and Cream is a great choice and Teppan Edo would also be fun! If you want to keep it to a resort area restaurant if he is into Sports ESPN could be fun. You may also want to consider heading to MGM. My 7 year old LOVES SciFi. Her other favorite is Whispering Canyon if you feel like traveling. She loves all the antics and fun.

Teppan Edo for proximity's sake, it should be a pretty big hit. Hit Ample Hills on the Boardwalk, or The Fountain at Dolphin for a special sundae afterwards. Beaches and Cream would be a 3rd choice for me behind those two. They are all walking distance.

There are so many choices...

With having 4 grandsons T-Rex would be their choice hands down.

T-Rex at Disney Springs if he is into Dino's, really fun spot.

Rain Forest if he likes other animals - you have 2 choice's either at AK or Disney Springs

Coral Reef ( Epcot)- if he like sharks, dolphins, sea turtles really cool environment, They have a card to look and find the different fish...

Teppan Edo ( Epcot) - fun watching the chef's cooking

Sci-Fi ( DHS) - cool themeing along with cheesy "B" movies.. really good milk shakes really fun - wait till they ask you did people really watch Movies like this...

Casey's ( MK) - kids love hot dogs, and they are pretty dang good...

ESPN ( Boardwalk) this is a spot that could be really great, for a older kid or one that watches or is really into sports, mostly T.V.'s, and has the sports bar feel...

Teppan Edo, SciFi, and TRex would have been my DS choice at age 9. He loved those places! You cant go wrong with either one. Beaches & Cream is good...but its not a fave of ours.

Biergarten in Epcot is fun with a large group. We love the atmosphere and the band/dancing is fun for kids. Its also fun to sit at the long tables, and interact with any tablemates. With a party of 6, there could be another party of 2 at your table. Biergarten has communal seating like a traditional German biergarten.

We will be in Disney for my 9 year old's birthday. I am planning on trying to get reservations for Beaches and Cream for his birthday; however, we have a split stay and a group of 6, so I want to have a back up. Any suggestions? We will be staying at Boardwalk on the day of his birthday, so any where in the Epcot hotel area or in Epcot is good. Thanks!
Fountain at nearby Swan & Dolphin has burgers and ice cream too.

No reservations, but if you ask nicely about a birthday celebration, you're likely to get a better reception from 'the podium'.

Personally, I'd call.

https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/fountain/index.html

I don't think beaches and cream books up lightning fast at 180+10, I think you should be fine with your first choice if you are a little flexible on time. I have found tons of ADR availability even less than 60 days out as I continue to groom my plans... not at the ones typically hard to get like 'ohana but at popular "second tier hard to get" restaurants there has been plenty - things sold out way in advance of my last trip are more available this trip. I'm hoping 2019 will be a bit quieter in advance of star wars GE opening as predicted!

Thanks for all the help. We live in Houston with lots of restaurant availability here, so something Disney is my hope. We all loved Beaches and Cream when we went last time. He does like the Hibachi place here in Houston, so Teppan Edo is probably my back up, with Ample Hills for some ice cream dessert.

Even tho nowhere close to Ep area, consider Hoop De Doo on a down day or an MK day? I'd bet there will be some kind of birthday extra, maybe even an onstage moment if he's not too "shy."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!