9 year old turning 10

kangamangus

Mouseketeer
Our next trip is only 259 days away:cool1:!! I just want to confirm that my 9 year old who will turn 10 during our trip is still able to enter with her 3-9 year old ticket for our entire vacation. Can someone confirm? Thank you!!

Same here! I was on the phone with Disney because I was having an issue with a gift card and they confirmed you're 9 until you leave!

Yep, DGD turns 10 on Sunday, we check in tomorrow. It's her last trip as a Disney kid, since our trip begins before her official birthday. And the main reason we are letting her play hookey for 2 days (shhhh)

Just like, if you begin your trip 1 day before you turn 3 you are free the entire trip, even if the trip lasts 14 days.

It's all about what age you are on the day the trip starts, never what age you turn during the trip. One of the few times Disney does something in the guests favor

Last March my 9 year old daughter turned 10 with a day at Hollywood Studios and dinner at Boma. I was concerned about the same when booking the trip. Make sure your child wears a birthday button. My daughter was allowed to jump right back on Rock N Roller Coaster and was given an extra FP since it was her special day!

Just to confirm what everyone else has told you, you don't age while at Disney, it is magically postponed until your trip is over. Enjoy :)

Along the same lines, but for dinning. I'm looking to book desert parties and character meals during a trip where my child turns 10 after arrival, but before the meals/desert parties. Will he be charged as an adult or child for the meals desert parties after he turns 10? Paying out of pocket not on the dinning plan.

Well in our case my son ages while on DCL in December.
We have park/cruise/park. So he ages up for the 2nd park part...as does my DD2. So precruise we all fit in 1 room, and he is a "kid" and dd2 is free. Then we cruise and they age. Upon leaving the ship we return to Disney where we now are a true family of 6 and need 2 rooms and DD will need a ticket and DS10 is an adult. Ha! Talk about crazy!

Well in our case my son ages while on DCL in December.
We have park/cruise/park. So he ages up for the 2nd park part...as does my DD2. So precruise we all fit in 1 room, and he is a "kid" and dd2 is free. Then we cruise and they age. Upon leaving the ship we return to Disney where we now are a true family of 6 and need 2 rooms and DD will need a ticket and DS10 is an adult. Ha! Talk about crazy!
This is one of those cases where I wouldn't be doing a split stay. Disney park stay would all come before birthdays

It's really an honor system. Disney doesn't check kids ID's!

How old were you when you stopped buying kids tickets for yourself when at the movies when growing up? lol

This is one of those cases where I wouldn't be doing a split stay. Disney park stay would all come before birthdays
Unfortunately we have school to contend with. Attendance policy for the state has been rewritten. Already missing 6 days as it is. Life goes on. :)

How old were you when you stopped buying kids tickets for yourself when at the movies when growing up? lol

When I didn’t meet the criteria anymore. Is this a trick question?

And when my son turned three it was a joy and an honor to buy him the same AP to Disneyland that we were buying for ourselves.

We never had a trip where he aged into the next level during it, so we never encountered the OP’s situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter