90-minute In-Person Disney Cruise Line Discussions/Survey?

DrHickenlocher

Don't mess with the chameleon
So I got this interesting email: "As a valued Disney Cruise Line Guest, we would like to invite you to participate in a very exciting opportunity to help us better understand your thoughts and feelings about sailing with Disney Cruise Line. These in-person group discussions will occur in your area the week of September 18th, 2017 and will last 90 minutes.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the link below. Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be kept completely confidential and will be used for research purposes only. If selected to participate, you will be compensated for your time."

I completed the short survey and at the end it said someone from a research company would contact me about specifics in participating. Has anyone ever done one of these and can explain what to expect?

Nope, but it sounds interesting, to say the least! My best guess is that they are trying to get feedback as to what cruisers would like to see and have on the three new Disney cruise ships that are coming out in 2021, 2022, and 2023. They might also want to know what itineraries would interest you. Would love to know how this turns out, if you get selected to participate.

I haven't done it for Disney, but I did it for a local company once. Just a bunch of people in a round table scenario discussing possibilities for future enhancements/changes. I thought it was fun. If someone wants to listen to my opinions, awesome.

They may require you to sign an NDA, so be careful what you tell us if you do. Otherwise can't wait to hear how it goes!

"His" profile says Irvine, CA. =)

Also, I got the call today. The focus group meets next Wednesday in Irvine. 1 1/2 hour session. Assuming I don't have to sign an NDA, I'll write a bit about the session next week.

I was just thinking about you on Sunday! I suspect you won't be able to tell us much, but I for one greatly appreciate you following-up letting us know you will be going to meet with them. Thank you!

Are you being compensated for your time? I don't fill out customer surveys anymore. If I feel strongly positive or negative about a business service/employee etc I will talk to the manager.

They mentioned they would be compensated for their time. Most research groups provide some sort of compensation for these sessions.

My DD and DIL both go to many different research groups and are always given either cash for product for their time.

MJ

"His" profile says Irvine, CA. =)

Also, I got the call today. The focus group meets next Wednesday in Irvine. 1 1/2 hour session. Assuming I don't have to sign an NDA, I'll write a bit about the session next week.

I'm sure there might be some generalities you could mention. Also, be sure to browse the list of potential names. Pick a few favorites and drop those hints off too.

Most research groups provide some sort of compensation for these sessions.

Posting more because I'm curious to know what was asked, but I can also tell you I do focus groups from time to time for compensation. Many of them last no more than 90 minutes and if you consider it an hourly rate it's not a bad gig. The last few I did involved ice cream so not only did I get paid, I got to eat ice cream to boot. Of course the money goes into the saving for the cruise jar ;)

Hi All- The focus group session was yesterday evening. I went for the curiosity more than the money, but the money was nice. I was given $150 cash for a 90-minute session that only lasted for 75 (6:00-7:15pm). They also offered a random drawing for an extra $50 to whoever arrived 15 minutes early. (One guy got the extra $ out of the three of us who showed up early). They also had sandwiches, cookies, coffee, and tea in the lobby while we waited, which worked out great since I hadn't eaten dinner yet.

There were 5 of us in the session, all of us booked on a Disney Cruise varying from an upcoming Halloween cruise to next Spring: 3 of us traveling on the West Coast and 2 cruising from Florida. NONE of us had ever done a Disney cruise before, although three of the others had been on at least 1 non-Disney cruise in the past. The first 20 minutes were spent getting to know each other, ages of our kids, what kind of vacation planners we are, whether we're cruising with additional families, and the particular reasons we each decided to book a Disney cruise. The following hour was then spent going over various "marketing statements" about vacationing, about cruising in general, and about "Disney cruises". Things like "several vacations like Disney entertainment, an ocean cruise, and tropical beaches combined into one amazing vacation". Or we were given 8 statements like "luxurious accommodations with a balcony overlooking the ocean" and "being able to visit different destinations but only unpacking once" and "having accommodations, dining, and entertainment all together on a big, beautiful ship" and then picking our Top 3 reasons for selecting a Disney cruise and stating why.

All in all, it was an enjoyable conversation and a nice time chatting with other Disney fans and people excited for their upcoming cruises. I would definitely do it again.

Hi All- The focus group session was yesterday evening. I went for the curiosity more than the money, but the money was nice. I was given $150 cash for a 90-minute session that only lasted for 75 (6:00-7:15pm). They also offered a random drawing for an extra $50 to whoever arrived 15 minutes early. (One guy got the extra $ out of the three of us who showed up early). They also had sandwiches, cookies, coffee, and tea in the lobby while we waited, which worked out great since I hadn't eaten dinner yet.

There were 5 of us in the session, all of us booked on a Disney Cruise varying from an upcoming Halloween cruise to next Spring: 3 of us traveling on the West Coast and 2 cruising from Florida. NONE of us had ever done a Disney cruise before, although three of the others had been on at least 1 non-Disney cruise in the past. The first 20 minutes were spent getting to know each other, ages of our kids, what kind of vacation planners we are, whether we're cruising with additional families, and the particular reasons we each decided to book a Disney cruise. The following hour was then spent going over various "marketing statements" about vacationing, about cruising in general, and about "Disney cruises". Things like "several vacations like Disney entertainment, an ocean cruise, and tropical beaches combined into one amazing vacation". Or we were given 8 statements like "luxurious accommodations with a balcony overlooking the ocean" and "being able to visit different destinations but only unpacking once" and "having accommodations, dining, and entertainment all together on a big, beautiful ship" and then picking our Top 3 reasons for selecting a Disney cruise and stating why.

All in all, it was an enjoyable conversation and a nice time chatting with other Disney fans and people excited for their upcoming cruises. I would definitely do it again.

Thanks so much for sharing! I have been so curious about this. I will admit, I am surprised by the content. Would have guessed their questioning going a different route.

I'm surprised all five of you had never cruised DCL. I would think they would want feedback on improvements from prior cruisers.

The focus was on how to market the cruise better. They want to know what they have to do to continue to attract the first time cruiser.

Not to me.

I would have rather given them feedback on things I would like to see or things I think they should improve.

Don't pick my brain and then use it to sell something to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter