90th Popcorn Buckets (including AP bucket)

Kender

DIS Veteran
EDIT: official announcement made for AP bucket.

Releases Friday, February 1, 2019. While supplies last.
Valid for $1 refills through Thursday, March 7, 2019
Valid AP required.

Source: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/mickey-popcorn-bucket/

Original post:
I haven't missed someone posting this, yeah? Was waiting for something more than a Facebook post by Mouseplanet to say anything. OC Register finally shared something:

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/...buckets-pay-tribute-to-mickeys-90th-birthday/

No details beyond a new AP bucket is coming (no cost, date, range, etc) along with a couple other buckets for general public. Mouseplanet claims February. This article says "later this month" specifically on the AP bucket image. The official AP Facebook page denies everything because "no official announcement has been made". My hope is next weekend we might see a release, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm disappointed it's another shaped bucket, though. Not only awkward to carry around, but tend to be bought and sold to collectors rather than only for APs to use for popcorn refills. Not to mention the really long lines they create. But if it's true it's not coming until next month, I'll miss out on it.

I'll update this post when I can dig up some more information.

As an aside, I appreciate this forum so much. People share so much incorrect information on a Facebook group a friend added me to. Not to mention the attitudes are just atrocious. Some seem to be offended by the correct information being shared... Or just lack any reading comprehension. People were actually sending me screenshots of Mouseplanet's post after I commented the conflicting information on release date in that very post they were sending me and the OCR article :rotfl2:

Last edited:
I think the buckets are cute. I really like the steamboat Willie one. The hardest part with these releases is they are often on the weekdays. I can't ever go to the parks on the weekdays due to work (I can't even go weekly, but if I really want something I will make my way down to Anaheim over the weekend). Wish there were some weekend releases. I also hope that Disney really cracks down on resellers because I am sure they will be out in full force.

I also hope that Disney really cracks down on resellers because I am sure they will be out in full force.

You and me both. With the last round of revokings, I'm also hoping that's got people more on alert to not violate the terms of their AP.

Or who knows. Maybe all my whining and the whining of others to Disney about how they limit us on buttons so they could in theory limit us on buckets too might actually work out to some positive controls to stop the scalping.

I'm a bucket/sipper newbie. They are mighty cute How much do they usually go for, and what locations in the park sell them? Thanks!

I'm a bucket/sipper newbie. They are mighty cute How much do they usually go for, and what locations in the park sell them? Thanks!
The sippers aren't really new. They came out for a day on Mickey's birthday in November and caused havoc in the park (there were 2 hour waits at one point). They are $24.99 and your AP discount can be used on it if you purchase from a location that does discounts. It seems like they are sold at multiple restaurants and food stands throughout the park.

The buckets aren't out yet, but they are normally $20-$25. And they are usually sold at all popcorn stands, but may sell certain ones are specific parks (i.e. The Cauldron popcorn bucket was only sold on DL not DCA). Passholder buckets have $1 refills for a limited time. The non passholder buckets you would have to pay the full amount ($5) to refill your bucket with popcorn.

At the park this morning, I spoke to some friends that always buy the buckets. They said that they knew a new one was coming but weren’t sure it would come with the dollar refill deal. Does anyone know for sure if it will?

At the park this morning, I spoke to some friends that always buy the buckets. They said that they knew a new one was coming but weren’t sure it would come with the dollar refill deal. Does anyone know for sure if it will?

Oh that would be interesting if an AP bucket didn't come with the refill deal this time! I definitely wouldn't be interested without it.

None of the two media sources that I've seen reports from have said anything either way. Just "AP exclusive popcorn bucket". Which to this point and time many of us do assume it will have a refill deal, but they could change it up.

I've been googling and stalking social media, but not finding any more information so far. The AP social media accounts are steadfastly stating there is nothing officially announced and that's all they'll say.

I heard via Disneyland bloggers on Instagram that the Steamboat willie one will be for passholders only. But they won’t be out until February. I think people are assuming they will be refillable. Will be interesting if they aren’t.

The other buckets were allegedly supposed to come out Friday but they didn’t. Those are not refillable.

The sippers aren't really new. They came out for a day on Mickey's birthday in November and caused havoc in the park (there were 2 hour waits at one point). They are $24.99 and your AP discount can be used on it if you purchase from a location that does discounts. It seems like they are sold at multiple restaurants and food stands throughout the park.

The buckets aren't out yet, but they are normally $20-$25. And they are usually sold at all popcorn stands, but may sell certain ones are specific parks (i.e. The Cauldron popcorn bucket was only sold on DL not DCA). Passholder buckets have $1 refills for a limited time. The non passholder buckets you would have to pay the full amount ($5) to refill your bucket with popcorn.
Thanks for the info! Crazy to think about 2 hr lines if they were available at multiple kiosks around the park. Pity the souls who just wanted a plain fountain drink...

Thanks for the info! Crazy to think about 2 hr lines if they were available at multiple kiosks around the park. Pity the souls who just wanted a plain fountain drink...

To be fair it seemed they weren't available at all locations immediately from what I read. Like they filtered out to locations throughout the day and the hours long lines earlier became especially ridiculous when the sippers lasted all day (a few locations did sell out, but there were tons available close to closing at Pizza Port) and those that waited/didn't arrive until late (this was my situation lol) only waited minutes.

I did hear complaints about people stuck in those lines, though, that just wanted food :(. Felt bad for them.

Yeah from opening until lunchtime, people who wanted food and drinks had to wait 2 hours..even if they mobile ordered.

I really want the Steamboat Willie but i'm not holding my breath that they will still have any when I go back the first weekend of March.

Looks like the Steamboat Willie bucket goes on sale Friday (2/1). I’m praying that they do not sell all the way out on day 1. I am going to try and get there super early Saturday to get one! Wish me luck! Never had an AP bucket!
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/mickey-popcorn-bucket/

When you said Steamboat Willie, I thought "Ah, they are bringing the super-cute Steamboat Willie bucket from Tokyo Disneyland to the U.S," but sadly no. I personally think the balloon one is ugly, but I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes nonetheless

Attachments

• steamboat willie popcorn.jpg
    steamboat willie popcorn.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 17
Looks as though we will have perfect timing this trip. We will be there Thurs-Fri for the DVC event and hope to get one early Friday. I wonder if they will offer them after midnight at the event?

No mention of initial cost, but they are valid for $1 refills until March 7th.
Mike

For those going to the parks today (Sunday, 2/03), any update on the AP buckets? AP Twitter feed said they sold out on day one, but MP tweeted that they were supposed to be restocked this weekend. Any sightings?

For those going to the parks today (Sunday, 2/03), any update on the AP buckets? AP Twitter feed said they sold out on day one, but MP tweeted that they were supposed to be restocked this weekend. Any sightings?
They weren't out yesterday according to someone on Facebook. Not sure if it was due to the popcorn stands being closed in the rain. I was going to go yesterday but that rain was just too much for me. I'm heading out in about 20 minutes, and I'll look around for them. Sad to see so many get resold on 3rd party sites :sad2:

... Sad to see so many get resold on 3rd party sites :sad2:
Agree. Really don't want those re-sellers to get any support. We're going to try to hit the parks today, too. (Maybe we'll see you!) If we see any signs of the buckets, we'll post, too.
For those in the parks today, keep the updates coming! More trustworthy information here is better for those on the lookout. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter