90th Popcorn Buckets (including AP bucket)

Anyone that cam give us an update on today's re-release of the Steamboat Willie popcorn buckets? Lines?

Anyone notice if they look different from the first release?

They were still available this evening. They don't look significantly different -- if you didn't know anything about the changes, you probably wouldn't notice. But CMs are telling people about the hand painting.

They were still available this evening. They don't look significantly different -- if you didn't know anything about the changes, you probably wouldn't notice. But CMs are telling people about the hand painting.
I'm hoping they somehow last through the weekend. I won't count on it, but it would be a nice surprise on Saturday when I go.

I just picked up one at 9:30pm tonight at the popcorn stand right near city hall. I asked and they said they had a decent amount of them. Not sure what that means though. Good luck.

I just picked up one at 9:30pm tonight at the popcorn stand right near city hall. I asked and they said they had a decent amount of them. Not sure what that means though. Good luck.
Since the park is set to close at midnight, I contemplated on driving down after I got off work at 8:30pm...from East Hollywood. But I'm way too tired lol.

Don’t blame you. I am from NorCal but am in town this week for work. Was staying in Santa Monica but moved down to Anaheim tonight so i figured I would come over and see if they had them and get a late dinner.

There wasn't anything like the hysteria surrounding the first release. CMs said things had been pretty good all day. The Town Square popcorn cart got a restock around 7:30 pm, so there was a good supply available there. The line for our bucket was about 15 minutes long. So not bad at all.

I was at the park yesterday (Wednesday) and they were still available. I texted two friends who always grab AP buckets to ask if they wanted me to get one for each of them. They both declined since refills are only allowed through April 5.

DL also imposed a one-bucket limit per AP holder (not sure if that’s typical). A woman behind me wanted to buy three -- she had her two children's APs in hand. The CMs were reluctant to sell her three but agreed, ultimately. I got the impression that there was a hard limit/cap but they made an exception for her.

057D3528-62AC-43D0-AD2E-97C605CC5A42.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad they are still there. I will be in Long Beach on Friday, I might brave the rush hour traffic to go down there to get one!

seeing all the "wonderful" scalpers on ebay make me dread the availability when I get down to the parks. 40.00- 220.00 is ridiculous.

Can someone confirm by actually refilling the older sbw AP bucket? Will be traveling down at the end of the month and have the first SBW bucket. I know the press release was changed to “extend” the refill. Just want to see if someone has successfully gotten a refill with the old bucket.

from what I heard their is no difference in the two buckets. The "hand painted" re-release looks exactly the same, scuffs and all. Maybe that's how Disney's getting around the whole scuff complaints.

DL also imposed a one-bucket limit per AP holder (not sure if that’s typical). A woman behind me wanted to buy three -- she had her two children's APs in hand. The CMs were reluctant to sell her three but agreed, ultimately. I got the impression that there was a hard limit/cap but they made an exception for her.

It's still (sadly) one per person, per transaction. This is in the fine print and people have reported seeing others just doing the "get back in line" trick to purchase more. The only reason the CM made a stink was she was trying to buy them all at once. Which I do think is ridiculous if all people present have an AP. It's far more efficient and quicker to do it all as one transaction.

I almost had a CM try to make my mom and I get back in line to get her cauldron bucket back in October because those were only one per person, per transaction as well and that CM was taking it to an extreme (treating us as one entity despite the fact we were paying separately). She acted like it was an exception then too not making us get back in line.

I'm happy to report I got my Steamboat Willie popcorn bucket yesterday evening. There seemed to be plenty available at several popcorn stands.

It is one bucket per TRANSACTION. I didn't have my ID on me, so my husband did the transaction. Then my husband decided he wanted one too, so he got another from the same popcorn stand about an hour later.

Have your ID with you, people. They wouldn't even let me get a $1 refill without an ID.

I'm happy to report I got my Steamboat Willie popcorn bucket yesterday evening. There seemed to be plenty available at several popcorn stands.

It is one bucket per TRANSACTION. I didn't have my ID on me, so my husband did the transaction. Then my husband decided he wanted one too, so he got another from the same popcorn stand about an hour later.

Have your ID with you, people. They wouldn't even let me get a $1 refill without an ID.
Good to hear. I will have my ID ready

Incidentally, DL now offers Steamboat Willie treats, presumably in conjunction with the new buckets. I saw these on Wednesday.

E87367B5-83DA-45BC-B366-F199C8593A46.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter