97 fast passes and 97 pounds later, I'm back! March 2018 Trip Report *Updated 6-11*

Day 4 Part 2: Why Do I Feel Like I'm In Antarctica?!
We arrived at Sci-Fi Diner promptly at 5:15 and we were sat within 10 minutes of our reservation time so not bad at all given there was a mob of people standing around the check in desk. Since it was so dark in the area and I did not want to ruin the mood, I did not get any pictures of our food but you can kinda see it in the vlog. For appetizers we got the fried pickles (absolutely delicious and cooked perfectly) and we also got the boneless wings. This was our most “basic” meal of the trip so we stuck to theme with the food we ordered. I got the seasonal burger for my entrée and it had pimento cheese, a friend green tomato and bacon. Extremely good and cooked perfectly medium. Rach got the spicy pasta, I cannot remember the name off the top of my head. She said the heat was there and it was really delicious, just a huge portion, especially for pasta! For dessert we got the candy bar as well as the doughnut with ice cream. While these were good we were just so stuffed we could barely eat them!

After dinner we had a fast pass for toy story and I FINALLY got best of the hour! It is always my goal but it is hard to achieve at times. While in line for Toy Story we snagged a fast pass for Fantasmic! While I do not think it is totally necessary to get a fast pass for Fantasmic, I do like having one just so I know I at least am guaranteed a spot even though it might not be the best.

We enjoyed Fantasmic however the weather was getting very cold so I obviously HAD to buy a blanket just to make sure I stayed warm and I HAD to get the more expensive one since I liked it more and the print was even better.

We tried to get out of Fantasmic as fast as possible to catch the bus to magic kingdom and this is where madness ensued. We were about 24 people back so we knew we would get on the first bus to come; however, with all the construction happening and all the giant tour busses that were there is was taking FOREVER to get buses in and out of the circle. They had to drive down and do a bit of a circle and then back it up and then go forward and usually back up again. It was an extremely long process and while I am excited for all the things to come, I think the bus situation should have been sorted out a bit more while thinking of all of this.

We finally made it to Magic Kingdom and had a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear and unfortunately I did not get galactic hero but I came SO close! So disappointing :/ We then got a fast pass for the speedway since we had not rode that yet and I enjoy it with all its nauseating fumes that come with it. We then rode Big Thunder and it was FREEZING. I had never been so cold on Big Thunder in all my life! But obviously, I would rather be cold riding rides at Walt Disney World than to be cold sitting at home. We then rounded out the night with back to back fast passes for Splash Mountain because I wanted my own log and I knew not many people would be riding a water ride when it felt so cold out. We did not get home until 1:15 is but it is okay because it is FINALLY sleep in day! We did have anything planned until 11 the next day so we could sleep in and just slowly get on up before starting the day.

Day 4 Part 2 Vlog:
FP count for this section: 7
FP count for the trip so far: 51

So it is finals time here at college so I have not had time to set aside to type out these trip reports! It is much faster for me to edit the vlogs than to type these out. BUT none the less here is Part 1 and 2 of Day 5! (Which will have 3 parts so we aren’t too far behind). But anyway, ON WITH THE SHOW!

Day 5 Part 1&2: EPCOT and Lots of Food!

We finally got to catch up on our sleep and sleep in until around 11:00 am. It was seriously so needed and we both slept like a baby until our alarms started going off. Definitely need a sleep in day, even though we are younger it was starting to catch up with us for how little sleep we had been getting.

We got to EPCOT around 12:00 and had a FP for Frozen Ever After. While I do miss what used to be there, I do not think Frozen is as tragic as some people make it out to be there. I may be biased however because I do LOVE Frozen still and I will forever fanboy about it.

After Frozen, we got a FP for Mission SPACE! While this ride sometimes does get me motion sickness, I still always choose the Orange Team side and will just deal with any consequences that I have to for choosing to ride the more intense side.

We then headed back to World Showcase to snack around the world a bit for Flower and Garden Festival. We had Ohana that night, and y’all know how I feel about Ohana (if you don’t just watch any of my vlogs, I probably mention it twice in every vlog), so I did not want to over stuff myself so that I had an empty stomach for the wonderful meal that evening. We went to the German (I think) pavilion to get our first snack. I got the warm pretzel bun and rach got the potato pancake. Both were pretty good, nothing spectacular but nothing disappointing either!

31398062_10214089985716853_1360861852321447936_o.jpg

31384180_10214089985956859_449818942886641664_o.jpg

We then headed Lotus House because I wanted to try the Fried Chicken Dumplings because they just sounded so good on the description. It had a strong peanut butter taste! Not that I do not like peanut butter but it was a lot stronger than I was anticipating. (Pictured in the vlog, I couldn’t find a decent photo of them.)

Rach wanted to try something from the Mexican pavilion. I do not really remember what she got (what it was called) however I do remember that it was pretty tasty, it reminded me of corn bread just smothered with cheese.

31271226_10214089984996835_4069944858326859776_n.jpg

We then got a FP for Test Track so we made our way over there. It has been a dream of mine to create the top design of the day so I went in with all this research in hopes that I would be the top design of the day. Unfortunately I came close but did not hit the mark :/ But it was still fun!

We headed over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends so I could have my annual karaoke session of In A Big Blue World since that is seriously my JAM! We also had time to kill before our Soarin FP. After those rides we made our way onto the monorail and over to the Polynesian because it was finally time for the dinner reservation I was looking forward to the most: OHANA!

Day 5 Part 1 Vlog:

Day 5 Part 2 Vlog:
FP count for this section: 4
FP count for the trip so far: 55

I have to thank you for your tip regarding modifying your additional fast passes. I am an AP holder and didn't know this! I spent the day in MK yesterday with my sisters, I was really shocked by how often the FP options would change just by modifying a selection and clicking the time period, I could even click the same time period 4-5 times and eventually get the time I wanted! We used 9 Fast Passes yesterday and left at 5PM. Thank you!!

I get laughed at for looking at the views on rides. Glad I am not the only one who does it.
Oh I love looking at the views! A lot of them are breathtaking, do not let people laugh at you!

I can tell you two are young! I'm exhausted just reading about and watching you all go so hard!! It looks like a blast though!
Yes we definitely do still have our young energy, and we do not even rely on coffee yet :)

Awesome trip report!
Thank you so much!

Late to the party, but following along. What a fun multimedia way to document your trip!
Better late than never! Welcome aboard and I am glad you are enjoying it.

I have to thank you for your tip regarding modifying your additional fast passes. I am an AP holder and didn't know this! I spent the day in MK yesterday with my sisters, I was really shocked by how often the FP options would change just by modifying a selection and clicking the time period, I could even click the same time period 4-5 times and eventually get the time I wanted! We used 9 Fast Passes yesterday and left at 5PM. Thank you!!
Once I figured that out, I seriously can ride soooo many rides! I am always willing to help anyone out with that tip. Not many people know about it!

When I first learned it, it was a game changer for me too. Amazing the flexibility it can give you. One of my favorite moments from my recent trip was making conversation with people ahead of us on line. The mother was frustrated that she could not get a FP for a particular ride before their dinner reservation. I asked her to hand me her phone. She did, with a confused look on her face. I went into her MDE, modified the FP to a window that started as soon we would finish the ride we were waiting for, and handed it back to her within less than a minute. Unless I someday save a child from a burning building, I don't know if I will ever have someone look at me as such a hero ever again :)

Day 5 Part 3: My Dining Dreams Came True!
Ah the time was finally here, the moment I had been dreaming about for about a year, OHANA! Ohana is my favorite meal I have ever had and I constantly think about it when I am not eating there. I truly enjoy it every single time I am there and just love every single thing about it. I was honestly to excited to eat to even take pictures of the food, I didn’t even vlog a lot of it! But I did get a photo of the most delicious part of the whole meal, the bread pudding! I could eat this for hours and never stop. It just tempts me so much and I never ever want it to end. The banana fosters sauce is to DIE for and the ice cream just really tops it all off.

31952625_10214165753370997_3347901379162144768_o.jpg

After dinner we decided to head to Animal Kingdom to ride some rides and explore Pandora at dark since it seems to be a whole new experience. We got FP’s for Everest and Primevil Whirl before heading over to Pandora to walk around. Pandora was actually not to crowded relatively speaking of course. I thought it was really neat at night! However I was expecting just a bit more from it BUT it still was amazing to walk through and see. It truly was beautiful as well.

We hopped on the bus and ended the night at, you guessed it, Magic Kingdom! If you can’t tell, I never really know when to stop and just rest for the night. I just want to get the most out of my vacation and Magic Kingdom at night just has a special feeling and I really thoroughly enjoy just walking around and hearing the music. The temperature was realllllly cold! Well not actually that cold but it just felt really cold. We hopped around the park for a while and got some FP’s for Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and Buzz Lightyear. When we got off Buzz it was around 11:45 so we decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel. I am not sure if it is because we were always out so late or what but we hardly ever had issues for the bus back to the hotel. There was one there waiting and if it wasn’t then one was just around the corner coming. Hopefully this is a sign that they have bumped up their bus system!

Day 5 Part 3 Vlog:
FP count for this section: 5
FP count for the trip so far: 60

Last edited:
Day 6 Part 1: Panic and Adventure
So this whole day was an interesting and exciting one from the food to multiple lost items.

We woke up around 8:30 to head to Animal Kingdom to catch our FP's for Expedition Everest, Flight of Passage and Dinosaur. Everything was going great and Flight of Passage was even more mind blowing the second time around. My wish came true and I finally found a spirit jersey in my size and in the color I wanted! It was still pretty chilly out so I had no problem getting it right then. We went to the check out and everything was great. I was so excited to finally get it and just walked away thinking everything was great.

33540563_10214297994436941_3584244362785062912_o.jpg

We got 2 more fast passes for Expedition Everest and then when we were walking towards the front I realized, I didn't have my GoPro! I started panicking and of course went straight to the worst scenario possible. Rach calmed me down and said we should look at the store first to see if they had it. We went there and while they did not have it, they actually saw it on the counter and turned it into guest services. So now that debacle was all over, we could finally head to Sanaa for our lunch reservation.

I had heard rave reviews about Sanaa and was extremely excited to try it out! We got the Lamb skewers and the full bread service for our appetizers. I absolutely LOVED the lamb skewers and could have had a whole meal of them. The bread service was really good too, I just am not a spicy eater nor an adventurous one either so I liked about half of them.

33686558_10214297989676822_4115716092872097792_o.jpg

For our entrees we both got the journey. I do not remember what Rach got and I think I got the African cheese thing, butter chicken and the chickpea lentil. While the everything tasted delicious, it was just sooo much food and I was not sure how to actually eat it all haha. I saw some people dump it together and others just eat pieces of it so it freaked me out a bit haha.

33757415_10214297989556819_8737558566493224960_o.jpg

33580022_10214297988756799_1067032672766787584_o.jpg

For dessert, Rach got the Chocolate Mousse and I have the Caramel N'dizir. Mine was delicious!! The banana flavor was throughout and it has a really good consistency as well. Rach really enjoyed hers as well.

33720256_10214297988876802_1835097984933560320_o.jpg

33844745_10214297988996805_706444574557470720_o.jpg

Day 6 Part 1 Vlog
FP count for this section: 5
FP count for the trip so far: 65

Reactions: DLo
Sounds like you both had a blast. I can't believe this is your first TR. You're a pro! Can't wait to hear more.

Day 6 Part 2: Shopping and Elegance

After an awesome time at Sanaa, it was time to go shop till we drop at Disney Springs! I love going to Disney Springs during the day because it is not as crowded and seems more peaceful to just walk around. I absolutely adore what they have done down there and it is one of my favorite places to just chill out. We went into the current disaster zone of the World Of Disney to try to see if there was the Baby Pua in their because I saw it online and I just HAD to buy it! It literally is so precious.
With no luck, we just wondered around for a while and stopped into a lot of the shops, especially Goofy's Candy CO because that place smells like heaven and basically is my own slice of heaven. The create your own station was where I LIVED during my college program, especially when we got the really good discounts.
After a relaxing afternoon is the Springs, it was time to head over to the classiest reservation I think we made, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian! I have heard amazing things about this restaurant and being an avid lobster lover, you knew I was going to get the 2 pound Maine lobster!
I love where the restaurant was located, since you can see around Seven Seas Lagoon and even see the tip of the castle. Extremely amazing location!
Our server was extremely kind and was very knowledgeable about the menu and any questions we had (we never really have many questions since we aren't the biggest foodies but the ones we did she knew!).
For our appetizer, I got the Chilled Shrimp and Rach got the crab cakes! Both were good, I am more of a red seafood sauce for my shrimp so the citrus sauce wasn't my favorite but still was delicious!

34536424_10214356782626609_3890401670437273600_n.jpg

34396140_10214356784666660_2452563137904246784_n.jpg

For our entree's, I got the 2 pound Maine lobster which was DELICIOUS! I am from the Midwest so I cannot really comment on if it taste like "fresh" Maine lobster like some people compare it to; however, it was delicious to me and I would definitely order it again in a heartbeat! I wasn't a fan of the souffle thing because it had jalapenos in it and i am not much of a spicy eater.

34473707_10214356784826664_181434850400534528_n.jpg

Rach got the Surf and Turf and said everything was equally as amazing but she would get the Surf and Turf over just lobster because she feels there is more variety with her choice (obviously not a lobster lover like some of us).

34394513_10214356782706611_1693239308250513408_n.jpg

For dessert, I got the almond cheesecake. Let me tell you, this is a CLOSE second to the bread pudding at Ohana. I am not much of a cheesecake person but this was DELICIOUS! I literally never wanted it to end. I would make reservations just to get the dessert!! Truly incredible.

34393401_10214356784786663_4538442085702828032_n.jpg

Rach got the sugar free chocolate option (I guess she decided she wanted to be healthy for a dessert). Since we both are sugar lovers, we both were disappointed with that dessert; however, I am sure people who typically get sugar free desserts would have enjoyed it thoroughly. I am just used to things being loaded with sugar!

34340940_10214356782586608_6727434496674627584_n.jpg

Day 6 Part 2 Vlog:

FP for this section: 0 :(

FP for the trip so far: 65

I know others have said it but I am so excited to try out your FP method on my next trip! I'm kicking myself for not knowing about it before or even trying it!

Day 6 Part 3: I'm Really Irresponsible
We are leaving our amazing meal at Narcoossee's and getting ready to head over to Magic Kingdom to enjoy fireworks and extra magic hours. I was vlogging my little heart out and for some reason I felt the need to check if my wallet was in my backpack. I searched and I searched and NOTHING. I couldn't find it anywhere. So naturally we turned around back to Narcoosee's to see if I had left it there. I looked on the table and it wasn't there so panic definitely started to set in. Then I pulled my chair out and BAM there it was. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to set it inbetween my legs after getting my ID out to get a drink? I am not really sure but today was not my day for being responsible (I guess I took the never grow up tagline a little to serious).
After all that stress, I walked through the Grand Floridian gift shop and saw the love of my life - a Baby Pua!! I still loved stuffed animals as much as I did when I was 4 years old, honestly maybe even more now. I just had to buy the little guy, he was so so precious!
35195778_10214404011887311_4997656986809008128_n.jpg

We hopped on the monorail and made our way to the front gates and showed Pua around Magic Kingdom for his first time and made sure everyone knew he was my new pride and joy. We got the usually spot for Happily Ever After (middle of Main Street in between Casey's Corner and the Ice Cream Parlor) and watched that amazing show for a 3rd (maybe 4th) time. It truly is my favorite show I have ever seen, it makes me so emotional! We then had about an hour and a half to try to get as many FP's as we could before extra magic hours kicked in and we would be forced to wait in line. We got one for Big Thunder, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear (yes I did get Galactic Hero again), Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. Then extra magic hours kicked in and we just frolicked around while enjoying whatever ride we wanted to. It was really chilly so the crowds started to go home around 11:30 and most rides were walk on's by then. Space Mountain had broke down right before extra magic hours started and we kept checking back to see if there was any update and there wasn't until later in the night when we noticed the line was quite literally to the entrance of the Laugh Floor. We decided to stick it out and see how long it would take and surprisingly it was only about 20 minutes to get to the entrance to where they were scanning your magic bands to see if you did have a resort stay with you. Not something you see every day but definitely worth it to only wait 20 minutes for one of the most popular rides in Disney.

Day 6 Part 3 Vlog:
FP count for this section:5
FP count for the trip so far: 70

Great trip report! Thoroughly hungry now!

~Stephanie H

#dvcrentals
Thank you! I get so hungry every time I write a section. I miss all the food so so much!

I know others have said it but I am so excited to try out your FP method on my next trip! I'm kicking myself for not knowing about it before or even trying it!
Oh I hope it works as well for you as it did for me! It can get a bit frustrating if things aren't popping up but just keep trying, I promise you'll get something

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!