A 15 and a 40.....Birthday that is! A 2/20 PTR

Home from another Bonus overtime shift! That makes 48 hours this week! (to go with the 60 hours last week) I am not picking up any extra that I know of this coming week or the next as I have a few things to catch up on at home and some medical stuff to take care of, and the 7th I leave for Indy for my Posh convention!

Medical catch up...the surgeon called me yesterday....yes, a Saturday!!! to tell me he will take out my gallbladder!!!!! All my tests were normal, but the pain is still there after I eat. I had seen him on Monday and he was somewhat stumped as to what to do and wanted to talk to my GI doctor. He said he would get back to me. When I hadn't heard back from him, I just assumed they were busy and I would hear this coming week. As it turns out, my GI dr was out of town and the sx didn't get to talk to him till Friday, and he called me yesterday because he felt bad making me wait so long! I thought it was super sweet of him to call me on a Saturday evening! He said he is booking out 1 to 2 weeks and someone from his office would call Monday to schedule my surgery date! Now I just hope it is not during my convention because I can't miss it as it is already paid for.

I threatened to cancel the whole trip this week if I don't start getting some help at home from everyone. I can't do it all...I may think I am superwoman, but being real....I am not. I can't work the hours I do and run kids to appts, and keep groceries/meds in the house and keep a clean house. I. can't. do. it. Which means others have to help. (remember when I said I get real.....I wasn't joking) My DH seems to think that after working a busy 12 hour shift (waking at 5am, getting home at 7:30pm, being on my feet, on the go the entire time) I should come home and clean for 'just an hour' on evenings that I have to return to work the next day. I disagree. So it has become a battle. I'm not sure how I will win, or if I will win, or if anyone really wins. We have 4 children, life is busy. We have to figure it out. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think I am off to bed. I have to sleep a bit today, but not too much because I have to go back to bed tonight because I work tomorrow morning (I did a night shift last night, but work dayshift tomorrow).

I really keep thinking I'll have time at work to tidy up our dining, but we have been too busy at work to do anything but work, so that will likely be done the last minute!

Yesterday was our 180-day mark!!!!! It was also our kids 1st day of school. That meant that I was not on the phone at 7 am booking our ADRs because I was getting Casey ready for his 1st day of 3rd grade and Josie (our little souvenir) ready for her 1st day of kindergarten!!!! After that bit of chaos, I had to head to the doctor as I was having some post-op complications, so it wasn't until the afternoon that I was able to sit in front of the computer to make those ADRs.

Here is what I got

2/23 B'fast Crystal Palace at 9:35 (a little later than I wanted, but we will work on that)
Dinner at O'hana at 9:05 (much later than we wanted, but again, I will keep working on that)
Both those picks were Shane's picks for his B-day
2/24 Dinner at Germany (we've eaten here before, but it's been a few years)
2/25 Bfast at Tusker House (we love it here)
2/26 Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe (a 1st for us)
2/27 Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (we had a ressie here the last trip, but was canceled when I was taken to the hospital. It's a 1st for us)
2/28 Chefs de France (another 1st for us, was Hubby's pick)
2/29 Dinner Package at Tusker House (This was Cody's pick. We have done dinner here before, and even did the ROL package, but ended up giving our tickets away as we ended up not being able to stay for it, we WILL be staying for it this time. I have yet to see the show and want to, even if it's once and done!)

Then I couldn't do anymore....there were times available, but when I would click on them, it told me I had to call. I thought maybe it was a computer glitch, so I tried again today and got the same thing, so I am currently on hold with Disney dining. We were able to book 1 day, but not 2 days, so he is checking with someone to see what is up.

Apparently, there is an issue on their end with Cape May Cafe and Norway, it can't be booked, they are working on the issue and encouraged me to call back tomorrow. I was also able to note my b-day and Shane's b-days on the reservations (I only did the days of our actual birthdays) which couldn't be done online.

Hubby also informed me I have to look into stroller rental as he doesn't want to bring our city mini down as he is afraid it won't fit, and reminded me I have to look into golf cart rental for the campground. But that is a call for another day as I am pretty wiped out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter