Delete Thread

I have a meeting this morning, but I will be texting you later making sure the order is correct for when we want things!! I have Hacienda on two days, and I know we picked one specific day, so I forgot to delete it from one spot :rolleyes::rolleyes: and now I am doubting everything :rotfl:

I hope we can continue to do that while we're on the trip too :rotfl:

Yes, Stormtroopers will be right in our face and we'll be looking everywhere else, totally not even registering they're there...ultimate denial

R7H5zfT.gif

Hi, i’m Mulling over booking a combo starlight tour from anaheim are end of august that includes WB studio tour & the strip, etc.

Do you think the BD girl who will be 9 would enjoy? Have raised her right, she likes TMZ and wants to see the viper room haha. From brief reviews I’ve found WB tour sounds rather ‘dry’??? I’m seeing studio props/costumes referenced as highlights with with photo ops. Is there more to it?
I think the biggest enjoyment from the WB tour might be if there is a show filmed there you're set on seeing sets for. I wanted to see what was left from Gilmore Girls :) Which I really enjoyed. Have you been to USH and done their studio tour? It's a bit like that honestly. You get to see a good chunk of backlots, hear some interesting things, walk through the prop shop, sit on the Central Perk set. We got to go into an interior set from Pretty Little Liars. And saw Raj from Big Bang Theory drive by lol. Apparently if you want to see more actors around you go during the week and not on a holiday. The HP stuff is fine, but I wouldn't book based on that since it's not very much stuff overall. They had a Batman exhibit (I think instead of DC) which was more interesting, probably even more so if you are big into Batman and then the Batmobile collection too. This was back in 2015 when we went. I think dry is an honest way to describe it. A bit dry, but informative/interesting on how a studio works and you may recognize some of the backlots from various things. We didn't have any kids on our tour personally, and I can't think of anything that I would have been interested in at 9 :)

I think the biggest enjoyment from the WB tour might be if there is a show filmed there you're set on seeing sets for. I wanted to see what was left from Gilmore Girls :) Which I really enjoyed. Have you been to USH and done their studio tour? It's a bit like that honestly. You get to see a good chunk of backlots, hear some interesting things, walk through the prop shop, sit on the Central Perk set. We got to go into an interior set from Pretty Little Liars. And saw Raj from Big Bang Theory drive by lol. Apparently if you want to see more actors around you go during the week and not on a holiday. The HP stuff is fine, but I wouldn't book based on that since it's not very much stuff overall. They had a Batman exhibit (I think instead of DC) which was more interesting, probably even more so if you are big into Batman and then the Batmobile collection too. This was back in 2015 when we went. I think dry is an honest way to describe it. A bit dry, but informative/interesting on how a studio works and you may recognize some of the backlots from various things. We didn't have any kids on our tour personally, and I can't think of anything that I would have been interested in at 9 :)

I enjoyed the USH tour, first trip out it had burnt down partially so we missed it lol.

Lol would’ve loved to see raj roll past lol. Thanks for hint to book WB during the week, never thought of that. Would think there would be active filming end of august since new seasons gearing up.

Thanks for being honest, last thing i’d Want to have is eye rolling from the kiddo for hours.

Lol would’ve loved to see raj roll past lol. Thanks for hint to book WB during the week, never thought of that. Would think there would be active filming end of august since new seasons gearing up.
That's what they told us on the tour, sounded like it was a fluke we saw him according to our guide. It was mid Feb which apparently was not the best time for that. Who knew?

I think a lot of people planned to visit the parks in September to avoid the opening of Galaxy's Edge, and now everyone's plans are thrown off! I know I was planning on running the Wine and Dine Half in November but told my DH that if GE was close to opening I'd probably skip it. Now I've had to step back and reevaluate my plans!

You have lots of great dining choices! Toothsome and Cowfish will be great, I'm sure. And Trader Sam's is bound to be a fun time.

I think a lot of people planned to visit the parks in September to avoid the opening of Galaxy's Edge, and now everyone's plans are thrown off! I know I was planning on running the Wine and Dine Half in November but told my DH that if GE was close to opening I'd probably skip it. Now I've had to step back and reevaluate my plans!

You have lots of great dining choices! Toothsome and Cowfish will be great, I'm sure. And Trader Sam's is bound to be a fun time.

Yeah it just seemed like they wouldn’t have it ready in time for Sep (and they don’t since only half of it’s really opening) so I thought that would be a good time to go, but that wasn’t the only reason we were going then so it doesn’t really change our plans. Sorry about your trip though!

Yeah those are some of my favorites! We go to Cowfish almost every trip but their both new to @xlsm so I’m excited to bring her.

Your trip plans sound awesome so far. The San Diego Zoo is so beautiful. You and josh will have a great time. We had lunch at the carnation cafe and It was delicious. They are good about allergies just like wdw. I love Paul Rudd more than anything in this world! I do think he is an odd choice but after watching antman I was like strangely this works. Haha

Yeah, I figured DL would be fine with allergies too. For other restaurants I have to look around for GF menus or reviews but for the DL ones I didn't really think about it, just marked the allergy on the ADR. He seems like a weird choice for a burglar (he seems too nice to steal anything :rotfl:), but I do agree he works as Antman! I liked the Antman movies a lot more than I thought I would, but I do enjoy the Marvel movies that have some humor in them the most.
[/QUOTE]

I think the only place I had an issue with gluten free in LA was Pinks Hot Dogs. When we were in CA we had no issues with allergies. Know I am think about all the places we went and I am hungry. Hahaha. I typed in gluten free to open table and that’s how I made most of our dinning choices while we were in California.

I think the only place I had an issue with gluten free in LA was Pinks Hot Dogs. When we were in CA we had no issues with allergies. Know I am think about all the places we went and I am hungry. Hahaha. I typed in gluten free to open table and that’s how I made most of our dinning choices while we were in California.

I usually find the places by going through Tripadvisor lists, I also look at the Eater site or Instagram (there's ones for each area like Eater LA etc or I look at lists looking for a certain type of food). I know most places do have GF options, but I don't usually pick the place unless it's explicitly stated on the menu, they have a separate GF menu online, or there's reviews indicating they have GF options because I don't want any surprises. I'd also assume any restaurant that is good with doing GF options would take the time to indicate them on their website.

I love Stacked! A few years ago I was doing some work down in San Diego and stayed in Mission Valley. Stacked was my Thursday night place! (I’d watch Thursday Night Football on the big screen and got to know the bartender and another patron...who happened to be a NFL player!) I haven’t been in years but I loved their tablets where you customize everything. Cookie Butter shakes were my favorite!

Love all your plans! I hope you don't mind, as I may have mentioned I'm going to DLR and San Diego and LA in July and haven't been for like 20 years and don't know much about how things work there, so following your plans closely :))

the Selfie Museum on Hollywood Blvd,

This looks really fun! I may look into this too!

but with the new plans we don't have to rent a car the whole time, and it'll be easier to get around in San Diego (and we won't have to pay parking) if we use Uber/Lyft.

I'm glad you are talking about this - I was really trying to decide if a rental car was needed for San Diego and now I'm leaning towards not.

and the one at Goofy's Kitchen looked the most fun, and seemed to have the most food choices (and the most interesting food choices).

Awesome!! Looks like a bit different experience too!

Attractions: San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Coronado Island

I wanted to do all those things too...do you think it's doable in one day?

Snacks: Sauced Up (poutine restaurant), Donut Bar

Are these in San Diego?? Yum!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!