A 2020 Double PTR: HHN30 & More Updated 6/26-HHN Speculation, Trip Changes, & My Birthday

samheatherwhite

Mouseketeer
I've been trying out masks to see which are comfortable (mostly from Etsy and Fashion Nova). Luckily, it's very cold where I work so it usually doesn't feel that weird, but the ones with the elastic straps do hurt my ears after awhile.
G has an interesting way to help with the masks that rub on your ears. Most of them seem to have pretty long elastic and she has started to wear her hair in a bun and criss cross the straps in the back using her hair to secure the mask. It's funny but she swears that it is more comfortable.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Have you looked at Ear Protectors on etsy? They are pretty cheap and basically turn the elastic ones into full around the head versions!
No, but it's not really a big deal. I only have 2 masks with elastic straps and I can wear them for like 6 hours before they start bothering my ears. I mostly wear cloth ones, and those are fine. Or I change my mask partway through the day. I think those other masks will be good for stuff outside work, because for the most part I won't need to wear one for longer than a couple hours outside work.

Yeah, we just don't know how things are going to keep going here. Bars are already shut down again in most counties. The other ones aren't necessarily safer, just more stubborn! I don't know when we will get back to the office yet.
Yeah I read that earlier things are so unpredictable right now. It's really hard to plan anything because the situation changes so fast.

G has an interesting way to help with the masks that rub on your ears. Most of them seem to have pretty long elastic and she has started to wear her hair in a bun and criss cross the straps in the back using her hair to secure the mask. It's funny but she swears that it is more comfortable.
A lot of the masks are big on me too! Sometimes I tie knots in the loops.:rotfl:

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
(Except malls which I miss :sad: )
Me too! As a 90s teenager, not having access to the mall is just terrible for me :rotfl:

(I finally found a fox mask :rotfl:)
So cute!

Sorry this is such a bummer of an update! Maybe things will change again before my next update and be looking good again, but I'm trying to plan for the fact that it might not. I really miss traveling and was hoping we'd get to go now that things are opening back up.
Ugh, I get it. It would be so much easier if we just *knew* when all this would go away. Because even if it was a terrible date way in the future, the anxiety of "will this happen, won't this happen?" would at least be gone. :sad2:

Sadly, I don't see us being able to go to Disney at all even through next year because of the reservation system.
I don't see me going back to Disney anytime soon either. There's just so much I'm not sure I want to deal with even if I could go. :sad:

They had a cool chocolate piñata one, but since it was just me I went with the churros. Which I didn't expect to come out in their own cart :lmao:
Happy belated birthday!!! LOVE your churros cart! :thumbsup2:laughing:

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Me too! As a 90s teenager, not having access to the mall is just terrible for me :rotfl:
It's true! 90's me needs to go to the mall, even though I never find anything there and always end up ordering stuff online anyway. But there's nothing I hate more than mailing returns back so I'd rather try stuff on in person.

Ugh, I get it. It would be so much easier if we just *knew* when all this would go away. Because even if it was a terrible date way in the future, the anxiety of "will this happen, won't this happen?" would at least be gone. :sad2:
Yeah, it would definitely make decisions and potential planning easier.

I don't see me going back to Disney anytime soon either. There's just so much I'm not sure I want to deal with even if I could go. :sad:
Same :sad:

Happy belated birthday!!! LOVE your churros cart! :thumbsup2:laughing:
Thank you! :rotfl:

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
It's true! 90's me needs to go to the mall, even though I never find anything there and always end up ordering stuff online anyway. But there's nothing I hate more than mailing returns back so I'd rather try stuff on in person.
Yes. Yes. And, yes. :rotfl:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS