A Bibbidi Bobbidi Birthday Celebration! An April 2018 Report *Itinerary posted 4/2*

Disney9.9.10

DIS Veteran
Hello and happy weekend!!!

It's Krysten here and I can't wait to tell you all about our April 2018 trip (that hasn't even happened yet!)

I have several reports on the go right now, feel free to check out the links in my signature and say hello if you stop by!

Let's get this thing started...

When: April 5th - 11th 2018

Where: AKL Kidani Village in a Studio

Why: Does this even have to be answered?? But it's my first time staying on my own DVC points

What: Celebrating MY birthday at WDW for the first time in my life!

Who: Myself, my daughter Evelyn (who will be 4 at the time of this trip), and my parents Ed and Debbie.

We have planned and scheduled a few things but we are also planning on spending lots of time at the resort and pool so this will be a more relaxed WDW vacation for us.

So I hope you will all join in for the fun!

I'm looking forward to your report! My oldest daughter will be 4 on our next trip too, and we are also planning to stay at AKL! Can't wait to read about your experience :)

I'm looking forward to your report! My oldest daughter will be 4 on our next trip too, and we are also planning to stay at AKL! Can't wait to read about your experience :)

Welcome! Thanks for joining in. I can't wait to see my daughter's reaction to AKL - last time we stayed there she was only 9 months old. I'm sure that your kids will love it too!

Excited for your trip report. We will be taking DD4 this summer too!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in. 4 is such a great age for Disney magic!

Hello and happy weekend everyone!

Today is 2 weeks and 4 days until our trip! I got our suitcases out today. When I owned my house I started packing super early but now that I'm renting I just don't have the space, so I don't start quite as early.

To get us in the mood for Disney (as if we ever need help with that) we went to see Disney on Ice today with Evelyn's dance school. The show was called Dare to Dream and had stories from some of our favourite princesses as well as appearances by Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald.

29339734_10156241450327140_4987236197853036544_n.jpg

Evelyn loved the show and did a lot of singing, dancing, and clapping along with it.

29315275_10156241450337140_6793572118245146624_n.jpg

29343299_10156241450457140_2516190071917379584_n.jpg

29342744_10156241450477140_5538751939015081984_n.jpg

29389193_10156241450947140_6024243535937536000_n.jpg

29366001_10156241451052140_562094812547776512_n.jpg

I thought it was a cute show! We all talked about our upcoming trip while we waited for the show to start, and in the car on the way there and back.

Up next... I'll share the plans we've made so far

Good afternoon!!

I had the day off from work today, I had an appointment to go to this morning, and then I spent the early afternoon baking Easter cookies with Evelyn, my mom, and my grandma.

29511497_10156250364182140_7025487488802095104_n.jpg

My grandma's sugar cookie recipe is the best I've ever tasted, so we make them for all of the major holidays (and sometimes we make them just because they are tasty!)

Of course while we were baking there was talk of Disney. My grandma has been going back and forth about whether she wanted to come on this trip or not. My grandfather cannot come because he's been ill with his asthma and pneumonia so he cannot get insurance and they don't want to risk taking him out of the country. My grandma doesn't want to leave him home alone, but she also doesn't know how many more trips she will be able to go on - she is 81 years old now! But today she decided to take the plunge and buy her plane ticket! I always love having her go with us so I'm really happy that she decided to come. My grandfather has my uncle and aunt and my brothers home who will be able to help him if he needs anything while grandma is gone.

So that answers part of the who for this trip.

Grandma Carole

17097219_10155117658182140_6485867932665911268_o.jpg

This is grandma with Evelyn on our last trip. She loves Disney and has been visiting since WDW first opened. Her favourite ride is It's A Small World, so we always ride it together at least once a trip. I'm not sure that she has a favourite character, but she loves the Magic Kingdom. She always puts her family first and is one of my favourite people on this earth.

Next, Evelyn

27540876_10156105755047140_764314763359495334_n.jpg

Evelyn is the love of my life. She just turned 4 and this will be her 4th trip to WDW. She loves the Magic Kingdom, her favourite princess is Ariel, and like her mom, grandma and great grandma, she loves all things Disney. We joke that we started brainwashing her at a young age lol

Next, my mom Debbie
16797521_10155117649837140_1274655424810672251_o.jpg

This is mom with Mary Poppins at 1900 Park Fare on our last trip. Mary Poppins is her favourite Disney movie. Her favourite park is the Magic Kingdom, favourite character is Mickey, and her favourite resort is the Polynesian. Her and my dad bought into DVC at the Poly about 2 years ago and their only regret is not doing it sooner! She also always puts her family first and we are lucky to have her.

Next is my dad, Ed

17017178_10155117648712140_2964700387264044744_o.jpg

That's him with Evelyn on our last trip. Evelyn is the apple of his eye and he will do anything for her (and the rest of his family). He's not quite the Disney-addict that the rest of us are but he loves going and spending some quality time with his family.

Finally, me!

16996002_10155117636717140_6584113526449545045_n.jpg

I'm a thirty-something mom to Evelyn. I've loved all things Disney since I was just a little girl. My favourite resort is the Grand Floridian. I bought into DVC in March of 2017 with a small contract at my second favourite resort - the Polynesian. My favourite park is the Magic Kingdom, and I don't really have a favourite character.

So now you've met us all, next I'll talk a bit about what we have planned for this trip!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about the trip! I'll be taking my fam to Disney on Ice next month too and our trip is in May.

Reading along. We used to go with my mom and dad ever year. Boys are now grown - enjoy the memories you will make.

Reading along. We used to go with my mom and dad ever year. Boys are now grown - enjoy the memories you will make.

:welcome: thanks for joining in. They say that time flies and your little ones are grown before you know it and I completely believe that. I can't believe my baby is 4 already!

One week from tomorrow we will be heading to the airport hotel!

I’ve got my suitcases out with a few things tossed in and this week I made up a packing list. I like to have a list so that I don’t forget anything.

We are apparently taking my car to the airport and I’m not sure whether all of our luggage and the stroller will fit in there. I told my mom that we will need to do a test run to see if it fits lol

That’s all for today, just a few quick thoughts while I’m at work.

Good morning!!

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend! I spent lots of time with Evelyn, got a pedicure with my mom, and had a couple of nice family meals. It was everything that I could have asked for.

I'm at work this morning and I'm having the hardest time concentrating on work knowing that I'll be leaving for WDW so soon!

I've got Evelyn pretty much all packed, except for a few things in her carryon bag for the flight. I've got most of my own clothes packed, but I just need to toss in all of my toiletries and that sort of thing that I'll be still using over the next couple of days.

Here are our plans for the week...

Day 0 - Wednesday, April 4th
- We are heading to the airport hotel after I finish work at 5
- I plan on stopping at the duty free because I have some US coin that I'd like to exchange for bills (much lighter to carry around!)

Day 1 - Thursday, April 5th
- Our flight leaves the airport at 5:15am. I think this is the earliest I've ever flown. But we are all early risers and this will give us more time at WDW
- We are packing all of our bathing suits in our carryons and we plan on spending a good part of the day at the AKL pool
- Once our room is ready we will hopefully head up for a little nap since we will be awake so early that day
- I'm not sure what our dinner plans are, perhaps Disney Springs somewhere
- I plan to check the resort activity guide for the week as soon as we get to AKL so that I can plan a few things that I think Evelyn would enjoy

Day 2 - Friday, April 6th
- This is our one and only park day on this trip, we will be visiting MK!! Our favourite park
- We have a lunch ADR at BoG
- We are just going to wing it, see what Evelyn wants to do, and go from there

Day 3 - Saturday, April 7th
- My birthday!! I've never spent my birthday at WDW before so I'm kind of excited, and my birthday isn't usually my favourite day
- We have the Bon Voyage breakfast planned with Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider. We have never done this one before but I've read lots of positive reviews so I'm hoping that we really like it. Ariel is Evelyn's favourite princess so she is excited for this one.
- In the afternoon we have BBB planned for Evelyn at Disney Springs. She's never done this before but likes getting her nails and makeup done so I think that she will enjoy it

Day 4 - Sunday, April 8th
- Hopefully we will have good weather and can spend some time at the pool today
- Maybe a trip to Disney Springs
- We have a horse and carriage ride booked at Fort Wilderness at 5:30pm. Another new experience that Evelyn will hopefully love

Day 5 - Monday, April 9th
- I think that we have Boma booked for breakfast. I LOVE Boma. So many great choices
- And then we will wing the rest of the day. Maybe some pool time, or resort exploration.

Day 6 - Tuesday, April 10th
- No plans today!

Day 7 - Wednesday, April 11th
- We will probably just spend a quiet morning at the resort and then our flight leaves MCO at 12:30pm so we will have to catch the tragical express and head home.

I love that DVC is affording us trips like this. Because we are members, we know that we will continue to go back to WDW and we don't have to feel pressured to "do it all" in one trip. I like the more relaxed pace of these vacations, and we are still experiencing new things every time that we visit so it never gets "old". We are planning a second trip in 2018 that will involve more family coming with us and therefore more park time, so we will still get to experience all of the new park updates.

So much planning! Looks like you will have an amazing trip. I love how you got in the spirit to go with Disney On Ice. Enjoy your trip!

~LindsayC
#dvcrentals

We are home!! There was some great stuff, some good stuff, and some not so good stuff, but overall it was a wonderful trip. I'm still working on getting photos uploaded to my computer but once I do I will start with the actual report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter