A Birthday, An Anniversary & X-mas at The World.....A December '11 PTR

urbandonovan

'Neath the Orange and Blue Victorious!
Hello everyone!!! This is my first trip report, so please bear with me. It is less than five days until we leave for WDW and I just cannot hardly contain myself! I know this is going to be the longest work week of my life. Oh well. Onto the show!!!

THE WHEN: We will be leaving our home in sunny central Florida and making the short trip north on Saturday, December 3rd and will not return home until Friday, December 9th.

THE WHY: Monday, December 5th, is my two boys birthday. They are not twins. They were born four years apart. This was not planned. This is just how the Good Lord blessed us. So, our trip will be to celebrate thier birthday (hmmmmm, there's someone else kinda famous who's birthday is also the 5th...the name slips my mind at the present :)). Also, my beautiful wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary back on November 10th. We had been saving up for over a year for a vow renewal ceremony (we ran off and eloped and didn't let any family in on our plans and that has always been a sore point of discussion so we thought this would be a way of quieting that), but, the wife decided that she'd rather use that money to go to Disney for a week and have a lot of fun instead of just throwing it all away on a few hours of one day, so we will also be celebrating a late 10th anniversary while in WDW (on our actual anniversary, I surprised my beautiful wife with a night of dinner & a movie at DTD and an overnight stay in LBV, instead of what she thought was just going to be a local dinner/movie night).

THE WHERE: Our first night, Saturday, we will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana resort. Our trip was not originally planned to start until Sunday, but I knew we would just be sitting at home in agony that Saturday, watching the second hand slowly turn along until we could leave the following day, so I got on Hotwire and found a cheap room for that Saturday so we could be near the magic, if not officially enveloped in it yet. We have never stayed at the Vistana, so we really don't know what to expect. Anyways, it's just a roof and a bed for that night. The next five nights will be when the magic starts as we will be moving on property and staying at Port Orleans Riverside!!! We also have never stayed here, but we hear great things about it so we can't wait!!!

THE WHAT:

Saturday, December 3rd: Our plans for our first night there are still kinda up in the air. The kids say they want to go to the big CiCi's on 192 and then play mini-golf in the big volcano course there, so I guess that's what we'll be doing. And, knowing us, we'll more than likely hit up DTD for awhile, too. And the pool. Hopefully, it won't be too chilly for the pools on our trip. Looking at the weather, we have a couple of successive cold fronts getting ready to move through central Florida, but it shouldn't be too cold as to prohibit some dips in some pools (fingers crossed!).

Sunday, December 4th: Another easygoing day for us. We plan to check into POR early, 10ish or so (wife has already done online checkin) and then just hang around the resort for the remainder of the day. I will have to run to Target to purchase a cheap umbrella stroller for the littlest of our guys as our massive stroller would just take up too much room in the trunk. The only solid plans for the day are probably my favorite of the entire trip....dinner ADR's at O'Hana!!!!! Can't wait!!! Hopefully, we'll be done eating in time to head down to the beach and catch the Water Pageant & Holiday Wishes.

Monday, December 5th: The boys' birthday and our DHS day with dinner ADR's at Sci-Fi Dine-In. Our two talking points for the day: the whole family getting to experience Tower of Terror together and getting to do the new and improved Star Tours. Also, can't wait to experience the Osborne Lights. We've never seen this and they just look awesome!

Tuesday, December 6th: Magic Kingdom day with dinner ADR's at the Crystal Palace and tickets to MVMCP that evening!!! No definite plans here, with the exception of the littlest one finally getting to experience all the MK mountains.

Wednesday, December 7th: Origianlly planned as a day of rest, we've since changed our minds and decided to sleep-in and then hit up the Animal Kingdom. Dinner ADR's at 1900 Park Faire at the GF. Never been here, but the daughter is really looking forward to dinner with the Cinderella family.

Thursday, December 8th: Our last full day at WDW and EPCOT Center day with ADR's at the Biergarten. EPCOT is my personal favorite park. Can't wait.

And finally THE WHO:

Our cast of characters includes:

77887_1252313844171_1719289952_435035_5934689_o.jpg

Sadie Ophelia, The Princess, aged 9

279040_1477117864131_1719289952_696402_7359694_o.jpg

Donovan Dakota, The Prince, aged 7-going-on-8

265775_1453881163228_1719289952_674741_1172819_o.jpg

Elijah McCartney, The Baby, aged 3-going-on-4

321764_1517621556698_1719289952_737829_8018754_o.jpg

Zachary & Annie, The King & Queen, aged undetermined

Sadly, this family member will not be able to join us.......

325304_1527173435489_1719289952_745161_1657359942_o.jpg

Yoda, The Dog, aged 9 months

So, that's our PTR, soon to morph into an honest-to-goodness TR!!!
Take care and see ya real soon!!!

Hey babe!! You totally could have told my age, I don't care, readers could guess, if they want to!! I can't wait to go!!!! Gonna be a busy week here at our house getting last minute packing and cleaning done!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter