a brief look at Vero Beach

kirstenb1

DIS Veteran
We spent spring break in Cocoa Beach. My folks are DVC members, as are we. They booked us a one night stay at VB, because we'd never seen the resort. Our family of 4 stayed in a garden view studio. We really liked the resort. We ate poolside, so I can't comment on the restaurants. However, the poolside offerings were a nice blend of choices, which surprised me. I was expecting burgers/fries, which they did have. However, also, soup, salads, and sandwiches, which was great.

An unexpected treat was the nature trail across the highway. I saw something about basketball courts, and soccer fields, and decided on a lark to walk over. There's a really sweet walking trail that all 4 of us enjoyed. It is pretty overgrown, and the kids really felt like they were on an "adventure", which was fun. It reminded me a little of Discovery Island from years ago; just a nice quiet break.

The ocean water was chilly the day we were there, so we didn't swim. But the pool felt great. Since it was Spring Break, the resort was packed. This resort was really very pretty, and had a lot of thoughtful DVC touches, like cabanas for rent for those of us who are paler than ghosts!!

Although the room was classed as a garden view, if you looked to your right from the balcony, you could easily view the ocean.

I am happy it was a pleasant experience....

I am thinking VB for my family next year. It looks really pretty.

I know we may have to take what is available anytime next summer and probably have to be wait list, but I am willing to give it a go.

:thumbsup2

Glad you had fun...spring break or Thanksgiving might be a nice time to visit. We were there in August and had this exact thing happened the day we were checking out ------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPtUlEQbdnM&NR=1&feature=endscreen. We did not record it or take pictures as we were a bit too anxious about the entire event. We don't know where our spider went...lost him in the door. My 2 teen DDs were not pleased to sit in our van by the door...DH had to sit there LOL!!!

Although VB is not our home resort, it was our first DVC vacation and we loved it! Such relaxing, lovely grounds. We hope to visit again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter