A Cancellation, A Proposal and A Lot of Food - Marathon Weekend 2017 COMPLETE!

Haha, yeah, Luke broke his finger playing baseball at a bachelor party :rotfl:

Oh. That's fine then.
As long as it wasn't you.

:rolleyes1

I shouldn't laugh, but it was first thing before they had started drinking or anything, and he had just spent $50 the day before buying a brand new glove to play.

No. Go ahead and laugh! :laughing:

It was actually such a bad break that he required surgery on it, and now has some screws inside his left middle finger holding it all together. I actually posted his X-Ray on my planning report!

Ouch! How's he doing now?

Luckily, no! I bought myself a fancy Premier Passport (the Disney annual pass that's valid at both WDW and Disneyland) when we were in Anaheim at the end of January, so as soon as I linked that to my account it changed the expiration date on my Photopass pictures to February 2018 :)

Good!

I'm just struggling with the Photopass website (I still haven't downloaded all of my pictures from there, and now the website keeps giving me an error message...)

Now that you say that, I think there was probably an issue with the site today. I went on to look up a few PP pictures and there were a bunch missing from pockets here and there throughout the trip, but they showed up on my phone...

So, I still can't get my Photopass to work on my laptop - but it seems to work just fine on my work laptop - so I was able to get the pictures I needed for the next part of my trip report. I'm still optimistic I can finish this report before we leave for our wedding trip at the end of December... we'll see if that actually happens...

January 8, 2017 - Part One

When we woke up, the first thing we noticed was how cool it was. The temperature had dropped overnight, and we woke up to it being only +2 degrees Celsius. We weren’t going to let that stop us though, it just meant we needed to bring our jackets with us for the day.

We were up fairly early this morning, since we had asked bell services to stop by our room around 8am. We were saying goodbye to Old Key West, and would be checking in to Saratoga Springs for the remainder of the trip. Bell services was on time, and we handed over all of our luggage, just taking our park bag with us. We headed out to the bus stop, and the internal shuttle pulled up almost immediately so we jumped on that and rode it to Hospitality House. We checked out, then went to sit and wait for the bus to Epcot…and we sat and waited, and then waited some more. The estimated arrival time on the screen kept changing, and after about a 40 minute wait it finally showed up. That’s the longest we’ve ever waited for a bus, but we knew it was due to all the road closures on property to accommodate the full marathon happening that morning.

Luke’s only request for scheduling our park days was that we go to Epcot on the morning of the full marathon. His plan was to sign up for his first ever full in 2018, and he had found watching some of the race in 2016 very inspiring.

We arrived at Epcot, and it was fairly busy despite the cold temperature. Eventually, we were through the security line and entering the park. We stopped to cheer on some of the marathon runners while checking current wait times in the park. We noticed a low wait time for Soarin’, so we decided to go for a trip around the world​

IMG_3656-e1505622528408-300x225.jpg

It was great as always!

Once we exited, we realized we were kind of hungry, so we grabbed a table by Sunshine Seasons and split the Mickey Mousse we had purchased the day before from Amorette’s Patisserie.

Once we finished our treat (who doesn’t love cake for breakfast?!), we were well within our window for our first Fastpass. You definitely do not need a FP for the Seas with Nemo and Friends, but I think it’s a cute ride and worth going on at least once each trip (and this was our second day at Epcot, plus you need to choose something from tier 2).

IMG_3649.png

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3660-e1505622558886-225x300.jpg

We then went and watched/cheered on some of the marathoners! I think this is such an awesome thing, it’s really quite amazing to see all the training and hard work these people have put in, and to see them so close to the end of their run. Seriously, if you are ever around Epcot on a marathon day, make sure you take some time to watch the race and clap for the accomplishment these people are about to achieve.

From there, we made our way over to Test Track for our next Fastpass!

IMG_3662.jpg

We scanned our Magicbands and entered the Fastpass line, and 12 minutes later (according to the time stamps on my phone), we were designing this beauty…

IMG_3666.jpg

I named her Alberta, after the province we live in – where people seem to love their jacked-up trucks hahahaha.

The ride was great as always (but not as great as Radiator Springs at Disneyland…)

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_405327344549.jpeg

We decided to start walking towards World Showcase, and entered on the Mexico Pavilion side. Since we had never done it before, we went inside the pyramid and saw there was no line up for the Grand Fiesta Tour! Off we went on a journey through Mexico with Donald Duck!​

IMG_3667-e1505622581642-225x300.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

We did not go any farther into World Showcase at this point, and instead starting making our way over to Canada for our lunch ADR. Of course, we had to stop to watch more marathoners! And I had to take a picture of the wonderful signs these ladies had made haha!

IMG_3675-e1505622609728-225x300.jpg

After seeing some people run by with absolutely fantastic costumes, we finally entered the Canada Pavilion – gosh it’s pretty!

IMG_3677-e1505622649790-225x300.jpg

We checked in, and had lunch at Le Cellier (review here).

Since we were already in the Canada Pavilion, we had to stop and ask for some of the Canada 150 Buttons they had created in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday this year. The cast member (who was from Regina, Saskatchewan according to her nametag) even wrote our hometowns on our pins for us (and dotted all the i’s with Mickey Heads!), and then covered the writing with a piece of tape to protect it.

While we were eating, we had decided to drop our Figment Fastpass, and were able to pick one up for Soarin’.

IMG_3688.png

Soarin’ is such a great ride! I can’t believe we had never been on it prior to this trip (although it was closed for refurbishment on our only WDW trip before this one, and it was closed on 1 of our Disneyland trips as well).​

So, I still can't get my Photopass to work on my laptop - but it seems to work just fine on my work laptop - so I was able to get the pictures I needed for the next part of my trip report. I'm still optimistic I can finish this report before we leave for our wedding trip at the end of December... we'll see if that actually happens...

January 8, 2017 - Part One

When we woke up, the first thing we noticed was how cool it was. The temperature had dropped overnight, and we woke up to it being only +2 degrees Celsius. We weren’t going to let that stop us though, it just meant we needed to bring our jackets with us for the day.

We were up fairly early this morning, since we had asked bell services to stop by our room around 8am. We were saying goodbye to Old Key West, and would be checking in to Saratoga Springs for the remainder of the trip. Bell services was on time, and we handed over all of our luggage, just taking our park bag with us. We headed out to the bus stop, and the internal shuttle pulled up almost immediately so we jumped on that and rode it to Hospitality House. We checked out, then went to sit and wait for the bus to Epcot…and we sat and waited, and then waited some more. The estimated arrival time on the screen kept changing, and after about a 40 minute wait it finally showed up. That’s the longest we’ve ever waited for a bus, but we knew it was due to all the road closures on property to accommodate the full marathon happening that morning.

Luke’s only request for scheduling our park days was that we go to Epcot on the morning of the full marathon. His plan was to sign up for his first ever full in 2018, and he had found watching some of the race in 2016 very inspiring.

We arrived at Epcot, and it was fairly busy despite the cold temperature. Eventually, we were through the security line and entering the park. We stopped to cheer on some of the marathon runners while checking current wait times in the park. We noticed a low wait time for Soarin’, so we decided to go for a trip around the world​

IMG_3656-e1505622528408-300x225.jpg

It was great as always!

Once we exited, we realized we were kind of hungry, so we grabbed a table by Sunshine Seasons and split the Mickey Mousse we had purchased the day before from Amorette’s Patisserie.

Once we finished our treat (who doesn’t love cake for breakfast?!), we were well within our window for our first Fastpass. You definitely do not need a FP for the Seas with Nemo and Friends, but I think it’s a cute ride and worth going on at least once each trip (and this was our second day at Epcot, plus you need to choose something from tier 2).

IMG_3649.png

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3660-e1505622558886-225x300.jpg

We then went and watched/cheered on some of the marathoners! I think this is such an awesome thing, it’s really quite amazing to see all the training and hard work these people have put in, and to see them so close to the end of their run. Seriously, if you are ever around Epcot on a marathon day, make sure you take some time to watch the race and clap for the accomplishment these people are about to achieve.

From there, we made our way over to Test Track for our next Fastpass!

IMG_3662.jpg

We scanned our Magicbands and entered the Fastpass line, and 12 minutes later (according to the time stamps on my phone), we were designing this beauty…

IMG_3666.jpg

I named her Alberta, after the province we live in – where people seem to love their jacked-up trucks hahahaha.

The ride was great as always (but not as great as Radiator Springs at Disneyland…)

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_405327344549.jpeg

We decided to start walking towards World Showcase, and entered on the Mexico Pavilion side. Since we had never done it before, we went inside the pyramid and saw there was no line up for the Grand Fiesta Tour! Off we went on a journey through Mexico with Donald Duck!​

IMG_3667-e1505622581642-225x300.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

We did not go any farther into World Showcase at this point, and instead starting making our way over to Canada for our lunch ADR. Of course, we had to stop to watch more marathoners! And I had to take a picture of the wonderful signs these ladies had made haha!

After seeing some people run by with absolutely fantastic costumes, we finally entered the Canada Pavilion – gosh it’s pretty!

IMG_3677-e1505622649790-225x300.jpg

Since we were already in the Canada Pavilion, we had to stop and ask for some of the Canada 150 Buttons they had created in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday this year. The cast member (who was from Regina, Saskatchewan according to her nametag) even wrote our hometowns on our pins for us (and dotted all the i’s with Mickey Heads!), and then covered the writing with a piece of tape to protect it.

While we were eating, we had decided to drop our Figment Fastpass, and were able to pick one up for Soarin’.

IMG_3688.png

Soarin’ is such a great ride! I can’t believe we had never been on it prior to this trip (although it was closed for refurbishment on our only WDW trip before this one, and it was closed on 1 of our Disneyland trips as well).​
How could you cancel Figment. Nooooooooooo. It's one of my favorite rides. I try and go on everything while im there, because you never known if it's going to be there when you go back.

Oh wow, it must be super inspiring to watch the runners in the full marathon and cheer them on! That’s a great Disney magic tip. :)

Sounds like you had a great morning and got some fun rides in! I love your Alberta suped-up TT vehicle!

You can’t really go wrong with Le Cellier. And how cute is it that they personalized your Canada 150 buttons so nicely!?

I wish we were still going to be there on Marathon day this year!!! SOMEDAY maybe I'll be able to actually do the Dopey Challenge.....SOMEDAY!!

I'm still optimistic I can finish this report before we leave for our wedding trip at the end of December... we'll see if that actually happens...

Good luck! You can do it!

Meh.
It was like that when I was there too. I didn't bother with a jacket. I figured it'd warm up eventually.

the internal shuttle pulled up almost immediately so we jumped on that and rode it to Hospitality House.

How long would the walk be without it?

after about a 40 minute wait it finally showed up.

:eek: That's crazy!

but we knew it was due to all the road closures on property to accommodate the full marathon happening that morning.

Ohhh... well...

No. That's still crazy!

We noticed a low wait time for Soarin’

Really! That's rare.

Once we finished our treat (who doesn’t love cake for breakfast?!),

::yes::

You definitely do not need a FP for the Seas with Nemo and Friends, but I think it’s a cute ride and worth going on at least once each trip (and this was our second day at Epcot, plus you need to choose something from tier 2).

I despise that tier system at Epcot.

Seriously, if you are ever around Epcot on a marathon day, make sure you take some time to watch the race and clap for the accomplishment these people are about to achieve.

Okay!

:laughing:
I totally agree with that!

Correct.

I had to take a picture of the wonderful signs these ladies had made haha!

:laughing: Good one!

Canadians eating in a place where there are so many international offerings... pick to go to Canada.

(Nevermind that I did too.)

and then covered the writing with a piece of tape to protect it.

First time I've heard of that. Huh.

Soarin’ is such a great ride! I can’t believe we had never been on it prior to this trip

You hadn't? I don't think I knew that. Or forgot. Probably the latter.

I'm so amazed that you guys spend so much time cheering for the runners! I could never do it, I get bored standing around watching people run. But it's definitely a huge encouragement for the runners, so it's pretty awesome that you do that - I'm sure all the runners who saw you appreciated it!

We had never been on Soarin' until a few years ago. I think it's one of those things that some people just don't do ... until they do. It's like one of those little secret gems, except it's not so secret, it just gets ignored easily sometimes.

Eek, I have been terrible on here lately, I didn't even respond to everyone's comments from months ago :sad2:. Now that our wedding trip is over, I will hopefully have more time to keep up with everyone's reports on here (including my own!). My plan is to still finish this one off, even though it's been over a year now, as well as do a trip report from our two week trip we took earlier this month - hopefully that will keep me busy enough to remember that we don't currently have any Disney trips planned :sad:. As of right now, we're thinking 2020 before we get back to WDW (although I have a strong feeling we'll be back at Disneyland before that).

Anyways, let's keep this trip report going!

January 8, 2017 - Part Two

I still wanted to check out Journey into Imagination with Figment since it was another ride we had never checked out. We just entered the standby line, and it wasn’t bad at all – under half an hour.

IMG_3693-e1505622682429-225x300.jpg

This ride is super cute, I’m glad we waited in the line to do it, but I’m not obsessed like it seems some people are.

IMG_3695.jpg

After we had used our Soarin’ Fastpass earlier, we had jumped on the app and managed to grab another FP for Test Track – that’s right, three tier one rides from Fastpass in one day!

This time around, we made this beauty:

IMG_3696-e1505622729732-300x225.jpg

I really can’t bring myself to make a serious car on this ride haha!

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_405327117477.jpeg

We decided to go spend some time in the World Showcase – we never devote enough time to that area of the park! We had to make a stop in the China Pavilion, a drink had caught Luke’s eye – the Tipsy Ducks in Love: Bourbon whiskey, coffee, black tea, cream and chocolate syrup, $8.95.​

614D13D1-B101-4E4D-9E5E-1B95FB77419E-e1516125919775-225x300.jpeg

We ordered Luke’s drink, then stepped off to the side to wait for it to be made, as we’re supposed to. There were two women in front of us, but obviously I hadn’t been paying attention when they ordered. One of them picked up her drink and started walking away, then the other one grabbed the next drink the cast members set down. The two women gave each other funny smiles and started giggling as they walked away. I found this all to be odd, and I thought the second drink looked like Tipsy Ducks in Love. I told Luke I thought that his drink might have just been stolen out from under him, but he didn’t want to believe that, and trust in the honesty of people. I took a step backwards to get a little closer to the two women (who had just moved over a few steps to take selfies with their drinks), and I was able to overhear them talking – the first one was questioning what the second one was drinking, since “I didn’t think you ordered anything”. The second woman giggled, said “I didn’t!” and they both laughed. Meanwhile, Luke was still standing by the counter waiting for his drink, but everyone who had been behind him in line was getting their’s first. At this point, he finally realized that his drink had been stolen by the women in front of us, so he spoke up and told the cast members. They didn’t seem to believe him at first, but he hadn’t left his spot from in front of the counter and he was still holding his receipt, and when they looked over at the two women I pointed out, they could see one of them holding a Tipsy Ducks in Love drink. So, eventually, Luke did finally get his own drink! I just couldn’t believe it though, I’ve never seen anything like that before! What a terrible human being, I hope that drink made her sick.

This drink sounds like all kinds of gross to me, but Luke wrote his feelings about it over on my personal blog:
This drink is like drops of heaven providing resuscitation to your yearning tastebuds. It’s so divine, the woman behind me in line literally stole the first one the folks at the stand made for me. I wanted to be upset at Tammy from St. Louis (that’s the backstory I gave the thief of this cunning stunt), but dang was she right to risk a life of crime for this ambrosia-like concoction. I would drink this in a boat, I would drink this in a moat. I do like Tipsy Ducks in Love. I do like it something above. They free pour the bourbon, the creamy and chocolate combination compliment each other perfectly and this is the best thing China has given the world since cute bears who’re too lazy to hump to save their species. I bet if pandas had a few tipsy ducks in love they’re fornicate like rabbits in the year of the ****.

I didn’t get a second one of these because I have an affinity for making poor choices. Never don’t get Tipsy Ducks in Love at Epcot. That’s a fool move worthy of Mr. T’s pity.

I want one right now. I’d pay $8.95US for it (+4.95 shipping + 6.5% state sales tax).

B4378317-E3D9-4847-A9C9-79B23FE56C62-e1516125942937-225x300.jpeg

88B47B9C-2482-43C5-A038-60D7A2B3A249.jpeg

We stopped for a few pictures in the China Pavilion (although I’m sure Luke only did that so he could get more pictures of his Tipsy Ducks in Love…)

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7918049300.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7918048666.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7918049302.jpeg

That giant brown paper bag I’m holding? No clue as to what was inside haha. It must have been pretty big to not fit into the backpack Luke was wearing… this is the problem with waiting over a year to actually write up these trip reports haha.

After China, our next stop was Germany. Luke had one thing on his mind – Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer.

CD4A6CCA-CB2C-4C1F-8830-86DCEB1880F0.jpeg

999DC93E-A8D9-40A3-A54C-C89100AB30D5-e1516126001787-225x300.jpeg

I’m not a beer person at all, but I really enjoyed this! It’s so light, only 2.5% alcohol, so it barely even tastes like beer. We’ve since been able to find it here in Edmonton, so it makes an appearance in our fridge from time to time​

I had more important things on my mind though – I HAD to go to Karamell-Kuche! Just stepping inside that place is amazing, the smell of warm caramel and chocolate, mmmm.

56BE24C8-BEA3-4B0C-AFD3-B1E3E0A62B0D-e1516125965447-225x300.jpeg

I bought a large bag of the caramel popcorn, $5.99 and a Caramel & Milk Chocolate Square, $3.99.​

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4120-e1494780002453-225x300.jpg

I actually didn’t even eat this until we were back in Canada (I bought this on on Sunday, and didn’t eat it until the next Saturday), and it was still really good! The caramel was chewy, but still soft and easy to bite into. Think of those chewy Werther’s candies, but this was ten times better.

And this popcorn. Oh man. I don’t even know where to start. This is now my favourite snack in Disney World, and it’s up there as one of my favourite snacks anywhere – I loved this. The popcorn is not at all soggy (as sometimes happens with caramel popcorn), and it is coated with a nice, generous layer of Werther’s Caramel.

8F71D100-C715-4EC3-B566-061FEA7C3653-e1516126019924-225x300.jpeg

1882ECB4-8539-4750-98E1-0EC9876236FE.jpeg

Honestly, we both loved this so much we added it as part of our wedding day dessert party, and all of our friends and family seemed to love it just as much as we did.

Since we were in Germany, we decided to meet Snow White. She wasn’t out at that exact moment, but we checked and she would be coming out fairly soon, so we joined the growing line of people for her meet and greet. It was nice to just stand still for a few minutes, I was enjoying my popcorn and Luke, his beer.

hopefully that will keep me busy enough to remember that we don't currently have any Disney trips planned :sad:. As of right now, we're thinking 2020 before we get back to WDW (although I have a strong feeling we'll be back at Disneyland before that).

Aww the Post Disney Depression is real! But there's always Disneyland... Nathan's family is talking about doing a big family cruise out of Florida, and doing a few days at WDW in 2020. There will be so much cool new stuff finally completed at WDW by the time you get back!

that’s right, three tier one rides from Fastpass in one day!

Woah! Now that's a good day!

So, eventually, Luke did finally get his own drink! I just couldn’t believe it though, I’ve never seen anything like that before! What a terrible human being, I hope that drink made her sick.

I can't even believe someone would do this. That's just so terrible and sick. Why??

This drink is like drops of heaven providing resuscitation to your yearning tastebuds. It’s so divine, the woman behind me in line literally stole the first one the folks at the stand made for me. I wanted to be upset at Tammy from St. Louis (that’s the backstory I gave the thief of this cunning stunt), but dang was she right to risk a life of crime for this ambrosia-like concoction. I would drink this in a boat, I would drink this in a moat. I do like Tipsy Ducks in Love. I do like it something above. They free pour the bourbon, the creamy and chocolate combination compliment each other perfectly and this is the best thing China has given the world since cute bears who’re too lazy to hump to save their species. I bet if pandas had a few tipsy ducks in love they’re fornicate like rabbits in the year of the ****.

:rotfl::rotfl:
Sounds like it went over pretty well.

That giant brown paper bag I’m holding? No clue as to what was inside haha. It must have been pretty big to not fit into the backpack Luke was wearing… this is the problem with waiting over a year to actually write up these trip reports haha.

Bahaha! :laughing:

Eek, I have been terrible on here lately, I didn't even respond to everyone's comments from months ago

What's with that???? It's almost like you had a wedding to do or something.

My plan is to still finish this one off, even though it's been over a year now

I feel your pain.

:hug:

hopefully that will keep me busy enough to remember that we don't currently have any Disney trips planned :sad:

ouch.

I have one day.... one... planned in April for DL. But that's it.

We just entered the standby line, and it wasn’t bad at all – under half an hour.

:sad2:
I won't wait more than... well, it had better be a walk on. Let's just say that.

This ride is super cute, I’m glad we waited in the line to do it, but I’m not obsessed like it seems some people are.

Who are these people you are talking about?
Most people I know are less than thrilled with it. Since it was changed, anyways.

After we had used our Soarin’ Fastpass earlier, we had jumped on the app and managed to grab another FP for Test Track – that’s right, three tier one rides from Fastpass in one day!

Nice! Score!

I really can’t bring myself to make a serious car on this ride haha!

Serious cars are boring!

the Tipsy Ducks in Love: Bourbon whiskey, coffee, black tea, cream and chocolate syrup, $8.95.

Not a coffee or a tea drinker... but that certainly is... creative!

I was able to overhear them talking – the first one was questioning what the second one was drinking, since “I didn’t think you ordered anything”. The second woman giggled, said “I didn’t!” and they both laughed.

jerks

when they looked over at the two women I pointed out, they could see one of them holding a Tipsy Ducks in Love drink.

And it being Disney, they certainly wouldn't do anything about it.

I just couldn’t believe it though, I’ve never seen anything like that before! What a terrible human being, I hope that drink made her sick.

Ha! Yeah. Hoping Karma reared its ugly head.

This drink is like drops of heaven providing resuscitation to your yearning tastebuds.

So.... he liked it. Not sure. Kinda vague.

I wanted to be upset at Tammy from St. Louis (that’s the backstory I gave the thief of this cunning stunt),

Meanwhile, Tammy in St. Louis bursts into tears "But I wasn't even there that day!!"

this is the best thing China has given the world since cute bears who’re too lazy to hump to save their species.

:lmao:

Heh. I know exactly what you mean. My last chapter on my TR. I wrote something like "We ate... something. No idea what."

After China, our next stop was Germany. Luke had one thing on his mind – Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer.

I've heard good things about this... from non-beer drinkers.

I’m not a beer person at all, but I really enjoyed this!

And now I can add you to that list! :laughing:

I HAD to go to Karamell-Kuche!

I should hope so!!!!!!

I actually didn’t even eat this until we were back in Canada (I bought this on on Sunday, and didn’t eat it until the next Saturday), and it was still really good! The caramel was chewy, but still soft and easy to bite into. Think of those chewy Werther’s candies, but this was ten times better.

mmmm.... sounds amazing.

And this popcorn. Oh man. I don’t even know where to start. This is now my favourite snack in Disney World, and it’s up there as one of my favourite snacks anywhere

Really! Top place!
Actually... I'm not sure if I've had it! Must rectify that, next time.

Honestly, we both loved this so much we added it as part of our wedding day dessert party, and all of our friends and family seemed to love it just as much as we did.

High praise indeed!

Is it possible to make a serious car on Test Track? I've never done it. Once I tried, but then I couldn't. It doesn't seem possible. The fun cars are way better, anyway.

That Tipsy Drunk in Love sounds interesting. I'm glad Luke enjoyed. But that woman ... ugh. What kind of awful human being knows they didn't order a drink and takes one anyway. Clearly that's someone else's order you just took. I'm sorry, I cannot comprehend that.

I'm glad you enjoyed the grapefruit beer! Everyone seems to love it ... I haven't tried it yet. Even though I see it at Target all the time.

Oh, Karamell-Kuche. Yet another place I've never been (I really don't buy snacks at Disney...). But everything there looks amazing. Seriously. And that popcorn! (And I'm not even a big popcorn eater)

I actually didn’t even eat this until we were back in Canada (I bought this on on Sunday, and didn’t eat it until the next Saturday), and it was still really good! The caramel was chewy, but still soft and easy to bite into.

Yum I love chocolate and caramel :lovestruc

People are UNBELIEVABLE!! Glad Luke was able to get his drink a second time around .... and it sounds like he enjoyed it JUST A LITTLE!!! LOL :)

Aww the Post Disney Depression is real! But there's always Disneyland... Nathan's family is talking about doing a big family cruise out of Florida, and doing a few days at WDW in 2020. There will be so much cool new stuff finally completed at WDW by the time you get back!

We were actually pricing out options on Costco's website on the weekend to get back to WDW sooner :rotfl:. It probably won't happen, but it's good to know how cheaply we could do a Disney trip by staying at a Disney Springs hotel (not my preference, but if it gets us back there quicker, I'd be all for it!). Chances are, it will be at least 2020 before we get back though - which just means Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land will be completed!

Woah! Now that's a good day!

It's pretty amazing what you can grab on the day of for Fastpasses once you've used up your original three! We had great luck with this on our recent trip too!

I can't even believe someone would do this. That's just so terrible and sick. Why??

People suck.

:rotfl::rotfl:
Sounds like it went over pretty well.

Haha, he was a fan.

We *think* it might have been the Epcot You Are Here mug from Starbucks? But that still doesn't explain why we didn't just shove it into Luke's backpack...

What's with that???? It's almost like you had a wedding to do or something.

Planning dining/fastpasses for 20 people took way more time than planning the actual wedding! Haha.

I feel your pain.

:hug:

I keep wanting to read your Disneyland trip report, but I don't even know how to begin to tackle that. Last I looked it was like 112 pages long...

ouch.

I have one day.... one... planned in April for DL. But that's it.

Just one day - so you could ride Gaurdians like...12 times! And have some fried chicken from the Plaza Inn!

:sad2:
I won't wait more than... well, it had better be a walk on. Let's just say that.

My max is half an hour, and even then I'm not thrilled. We only waited in line for Figment because we'd never been on it before.

Who are these people you are talking about?
Most people I know are less than thrilled with it. Since it was changed, anyways.

There just seems to be such a love for that purple dinosaur...

Nice! Score!

:thumbsup2

Serious cars are boring!

Agreed! It's just so much more fun to try and create the most ridiculous monstrosity that you can haha

Not a coffee or a tea drinker... but that certainly is... creative!

Apparently it works really well? Still sounds gross to me.

:sad2: People suck.

And it being Disney, they certainly wouldn't do anything about it.

What could they do at that point? It's not like they could ask for the drink back and give it to Luke...

Ha! Yeah. Hoping Karma reared its ugly head.

:thumbsup2 I'm sure they will get what's coming to them, drink thieves!

So.... he liked it. Not sure. Kinda vague.

I think he liked it?

Meanwhile, Tammy in St. Louis bursts into tears "But I wasn't even there that day!!"

:rotfl:

I disagree, I don't think anything can beat panda bears.

Heh. I know exactly what you mean. My last chapter on my TR. I wrote something like "We ate... something. No idea what."

I try to take a ton of pictures just to help with writing these trip reports, but sometimes having fun and actually enjoying the moment gets in the way...

I've heard good things about this... from non-beer drinkers.

It's so light, it's practically not even beer!

And now I can add you to that list! :laughing:

I hate beer, and I'll drink like half of one of these!

I should hope so!!!!!!

Even if I'm not looking to buy anything from there, I have to just step inside to smell it every single time I walk by.

mmmm.... sounds amazing.

I've yet to have something from that place that I didn't like!

Really! Top place!
Actually... I'm not sure if I've had it! Must rectify that, next time.

Yes! It's on my must-list every trip now.

High praise indeed!

We went through so much of that stuff at our dessert party!

Also - the only trip we do have planned for this year is to your neck of the country, but not until October. I'll keep you in the loop, we could always meet up for a coffee (says the non-coffee drinker to the other coffee-drinker). Or Chinese buffet, that's something we do every single time we're there.

Planning dining/fastpasses for 20 people took way more time than planning the actual wedding! Haha.

Wedding, schmedding. We got rides to do! Food to snarf down!

I keep wanting to read your Disneyland trip report, but I don't even know how to begin to tackle that. Last I looked it was like 112 pages long...

:laughing: It's not. It's just over 60. But!
If you really want to read it (no pressure! Honest!) it's finished now.
The second post has links to all the chapters, or you can click the link at the bottom of each chapter to take you straight to the next one.

Just one day - so you could ride Gaurdians like...12 times! And have some fried chicken from the Plaza Inn!

:laughing: That just might take up the whole day.
And... I do believe one or more of our party will insist on the fried chicken, so... that's gonna happen. :)

My max is half an hour, and even then I'm not thrilled. We only waited in line for Figment because we'd never been on it before.

Okay. 30 minutes for a ride you've never been on is acceptable.

There just seems to be such a love for that purple dinosaur...

Not sure why.

Agreed! It's just so much more fun to try and create the most ridiculous monstrosity that you can haha

What could they do at that point? It's not like they could ask for the drink back and give it to Luke...

Exactly.

So.... next time, maybe wander over and "accidentally" stumble and knock the drink out of their hands.
Preferably on them.

I disagree, I don't think anything can beat panda bears.

What about koalas? Hard to beat a stoned marsupial.

I try to take a ton of pictures just to help with writing these trip reports, but sometimes having fun and actually enjoying the moment gets in the way...

I hate beer, and I'll drink like half of one of these!

Whoa!

Ruby and I did a tour of the Alexander Keith's brewery.
Between the two of us... we managed to drink almost half a small glass!

Everyone was looking at us like "Why are you here???"

Also - the only trip we do have planned for this year is to your neck of the country, but not until October. I'll keep you in the loop, we could always meet up for a coffee (says the non-coffee drinker to the other coffee-drinker).

Sure! Let me know! :)

Or Chinese buffet, that's something we do every single time we're there.

Ye's? Or somewhere else?

Is it possible to make a serious car on Test Track? I've never done it. Once I tried, but then I couldn't. It doesn't seem possible. The fun cars are way better, anyway.

Haha, I started making a normal car once, then I had to add lightning stripes down the side, and oversized tires, etc. It's so much more fun to try and make the craziest thing possible!

That Tipsy Drunk in Love sounds interesting. I'm glad Luke enjoyed. But that woman ... ugh. What kind of awful human being knows they didn't order a drink and takes one anyway. Clearly that's someone else's order you just took. I'm sorry, I cannot comprehend that.

I know, right! Some people :sad2:

I'm glad you enjoyed the grapefruit beer! Everyone seems to love it ... I haven't tried it yet. Even though I see it at Target all the time.

I really don't love beer, when we have Schofferhofer at home I want maybe half a can of it - but that's way more than I typically drink when a beer is placed in front of me!

Oh, Karamell-Kuche. Yet another place I've never been (I really don't buy snacks at Disney...). But everything there looks amazing. Seriously. And that popcorn! (And I'm not even a big popcorn eater)

Next time you're at Disney, just simply walk in to smell the place haha - so amazing!

Popcorn is a food I'm supposed to eat in moderation due to my Crohn's disease, and I typically stick to that - until I have Werther's Popcorn in my hands haha. Knock on wood, it's never bothered my stomach like normal popcorn does (surprisingly)

AHH! Welcome back to the boards! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

I'll eventually get around to doing a trip report for the wedding trip (complete with lots of pictures of Frederick the AT-AT!). I can't wait to read all about what you have planned for your 30th birthday trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!