A Challenge to DVC'rs: Use Points for the September 11th Fund

stlrod

DIS Veteran
eBay is having an Auction for America with all proceeds going to the Spetmber 11th Fund. eBay is trying to raise $100 million in 100 days. I thought it would be great if some DVC'rs made a reservation in a studio for a couple of nights (or even more--it's up to you) and placed them on eBay for its auction. Because I am a DVC member-in-waiting (expected to close in October with a Use Year beginning next March), I could not use DVC points to do this. However, as a a Marriott owner, I was able to buy a week from Interval International in a Studio at Grande Vista (Thanksgiving week) and post it for sale. I challenge DVC members to contribute points in this fashion. C'mon guys and gals, you don't want it to appear to the eBay community that a Marriott owner is more generous than DVC members.;)

I will be speaking to my husband about this later, I don't know if it's dueable as we don't have too many points left to borrow, but we are spreading our money, love and prayers everywhere. God bless all of you that do whatever you can! God bless America.

My auction just ended and it raised $480 (I paid less for the week.) I'm still waiting to see a couple of nights in a DVC resort posted on the auction site. I bet it might even fetch more. Remember, the donation is tax deductible. And even better, the kind notes I received from a couple of New Yorkers really lifted my spirits (it caused me to send notes all those people selling tickets to The Producers.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter