A couple more questions as we prepare to sail

My~Rumbly~Tumbly

Mouseketeer
Thanks all for baring with me!

Can someone tell me what the final verdict was on the pool and swim diapers? Will my 17 month old be able to swim in the pool and if so, what will he need? I assume my potty trained 3 year old is fine.

Also, I am sharing a room with a friend. Upon boarding, I plan to go immediately to Flounders and Oceaneers to schedule my children in. Will my friend be able to book spa reservations for both she and I, or do I physically have to book for myself. I assume that if we decide on Palo, that she can do this without me (since we would be dining together). Just wasn't sure about the spa booking.

Thanks so much. I'm sure I'll have more questions.... :p

Hi Tammy!

The official word on the swimming issues is no non-potty trained kids are allowed in the pools. I believe they have added that to the Personal Navigators.

Your friend definitely can book your spa reservations for you as long as you know what you want and she knows your stateroom number. :) I've booked spa reservations for others many times.

Actually, I saw signs posted, though they were not the obvious 3' x 5' signs, that stated the pools were not to be used by non-potty trained children. And if I remember correctly, I think the big sign did state ages 3 - 12. It was one of those things that I went :eek: , read again, and forgot to take a picture of!

Okay, well poor Sam won't be swimming, but it sounds like it would be for the better anyway. Well he won't be swimming on the ship anyway! I'll have to take my daughter when Sam is otherwise occupied because he is not the side-line kinda kid.

My friend being able to book my spa appointment is going to work out perfect! We're both looking forward to 'ladies night' in the spa!

On our 4 day I watched fromt he moment we boarded the Mickey pool. There were infants in the Mickey pool from 6 months and up. I finally relented and let my 17 month DS spend a little over 30 minutes on our day at sea after the pool was full of about 20 other "non-potty" trained critters. Please don't flame me for not following the rules anyone I am just sharing with Rumbly Tumbly my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter